1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wst, 23 Sep 2010.

1. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

:sigh:

The fail has left me speechless.....

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

poor notch, should have copywritten that stuff as soon as he knew it was going big time.

but unlike these ripoffs, he was busy focusing on creating something original...

3. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

2 Days till Halloween, who's excited for non trick - or - treating reasons? :D

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

5. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Poor nothing. Minecraft isn't original, and the guy is now a multi millionaire off something that took him a week to make.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

What? The game has been in development for nearly 18 months and it's still in alpha...

BTW, bad news everyone - no health and no minecarts in the Halloween update, and the torch change won't be implemented yet either.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1441206676/the-halloween-update-is-out

Gogogogogo

Edit: OK, I downloaded the update (which seems to also have removed my texture pack :/) and think Great! I'll go down into my mine and get some Obsidian for my portals. But what do I see when I get to the bottom? This:

[​IMG]

What the hell man. I have a big open area at bedrock which I excavated and lit up with torches, but no mobs ever spawn in there, I made sure of it. So seeing no less than 6 zombies when I got to the bottom of the ladder is unnerving to say the least. I'm now completely paranoid about all the massive expanses of caves I've explored and put torches in. Time to kill some more chickens and make me some arrows I think!

Last edited: 30 Oct 2010
  8. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Yep, the deeper we go the more light is needed to stay safe... which can be a bummer.

[​IMG]

9. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

How exactly are you meant to get hold of obsidian legitimately? Once mined its destroyed i thought...

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Huh? No. Once mined it's mined.

11. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

you need a diamond pick to get anything from it.

12. wst

wst Minimodder

To dig it without it falling into the lava you need to dig a trough around it 2 layers deep, fill the bottom layer with water, and dig into the layer underneath the obsidian. If there is lava underneath, it will turn into obsidian, and you can dig the layer above without the obsidian falling into lava and being incinerated.

13. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I've only ever mined it with things below diamond (yes it was painful, but I had to clear it).

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I feel like a total idiot. Forgot to backup my worlds and ended up losing them. Completely restarting again, haven't even found enough diamond to make a pick yet so I can't get to the Nether!

On the bright side, I found a gold record in a chest last night! Wasted a diamond on making a jukebox and now have my creepy music to mine to :)