1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Na'ir al Saif

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Attila, 3 Feb 2010.

1. alex!

alex! Kick-ass:Death ratio 93

This...Is.....ARRRRTTAAAAA!

2. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Awesome mod as always. The only thing I can see that could be improved upon is the fan on the CPU cooler, just looks a little generic whearas the rest of the mod is sooo stylish. Probably just goes to show how great this mod is though when something tiny like that sticks out. How about some kind of shroud?

Did you paint that wall black specifically for taking photos? Either way it works well and looks great in that room. When I fainally get a place that doesn't have annoying wood-chip paper everywhere I think I'll do the same. One black wall, one white for backgrounds in photos. Will save having to put a backdrop up.

3. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Congrats on finishing it. It looks absolutely stunning. :clap:

Can you tell us what the make and model of the lights is?

And what lens did you use? The kit lens?

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Absolutely stunning end result Attila, one of the best projects I have ever seen. Absolutely breathtaking. +rep

5. shah

shah Minimodder

LOve It!!! It turn out to be not bad!!! :D.. awsome work mate, now this should be auctioned and a museum should buy it :D:thumb::clap:

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Love it with the plexi! :thumb:

Absolutely blown away without it! :rock:

rep++ for sheer awesomeness!

7. Monkey Puzzle

Monkey Puzzle Minimodder

Looks great Attila. I think it needs the plexi case on - imo it looks incomplete without it and the front fans seem a bit pointless with it off - case fans on an open test bed. Plus, the acrylic box completes the lines of the design really nicely. Once again, great work - lovely design and beautifully executed. :)

Ahem. :p Are there still photos to go up of the pc running?... Bet it looks awesome wit a bit of white light underneath it. :)

8. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Wow, That is the finest scratch build I have ever seen in my life :) Definitely MOTY in my book :)

9. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Thanks, I've tried to find where I bought the lighting stuff from without luck (was at the start
    of the year) But there is nothing written on the lights or the bags they collapse into. I bought
    these from China and they are obviously generic. All I can tell you is they come with giant flourescent globes (I think that equals 105watts) and they both fit into a small nylon
    bag. I remember when stuff like this was out of my price range. God bless you China. :hehe:

The lenses come with the camera's. I know these are low quality but the photo's look good to me.
    One day when I'm rich I can afford to spend a grand or two on a really good lens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha, thanks guys. :)

Haha.. you....hahaha....have to stop taking the laptop to the crapper.:hehe:

Thank you. :)

Yeah, I must have a screw loose somewhere, I got exactly the same criticism for the CPU
    fan on CX1. But it's finished, no more work will be done on it.

The wall in the dining section of this space is a grey/purple colour and I painted this before
    I even knew what case modding was. :hehe: It's not for photography but I've used it twice
    now and it's very handy.

Thanks a lot. :)

Thank you. :thumb: Yes, I should be uploading the last bunch of photo's right now but the
    place I take the photo's is right next to the room my wife and daughter sleep in. I went ahead
    and took a bunch of pics last night but I didn't have the heart to do it again. I'll see what I can
    do during the day.

And thanks jrduquemin

Last edited: 27 Oct 2010
    murtoz, Razer2007 and Waynio like this.
  10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ahh, now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor after gawping at each picture for like a minute each I can finally say effing beautiful case Attila, love the reflective base you took the pictures on too really makes it look that extra bit awesome.

Wow:jawdrop::D:thumb:
    So to sum up it is another ridiculously awesome case, well done mate & congratulations for finishing it in time for MOTY 2010 :D.
    +rep for completion .

11. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Great work attilla, although you didnt need me to say that to know it :) glad to hear everything sorted on your end.

I like it better without the acrylic cover personally, The front left three quarters shot especially. I think you can do something more in line with the creativity of the rest of this build instead of just the acrylic box. That doesn't change the fact that it is fantastic in this iteration ;) just a little constructive criticism.

12. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

I think you need a title dude something like Attila "the machine"
    When ever I read your logs and see the work you put in I always think back to the post where you summarized your average day. That and the fact that the quality of work you produce from such a hectic schedule is some of the best motivation out there.

Congratulations on finishing another piece of amazing craftsmanship, roll on project log 4 so I have something to read over and over again while I'm at work :)

13. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Dude it's impressive, if it was my Pc case I think I wouldn't be able to focuse on my screen.

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I really love projects like this and your CX-1 allthough I wouldn't use a case like this for my own rig.

It's something you would want to place in a gallery or a showcase rather then on your desk where it's prone to getting scratches and collecting dust.

Well done Attila, well done :thumb:

15. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Atilla, I want you to have my kids.

16. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

You're demotivating and motivating me the same time to mod on. :lol: I mean this case is so beautiful and clean that you look even more critical on your own one and see every error more drastically, but it's nice to see that such a quality can be done without CNC machines too. That's too fascinating. :D

Def. +rep, 5 stars and a damned hot candidate for MOTY. :thumb:

17. aka_gk

aka_gk What's a Dremel?

daym, that's absolutely stunning, I need to return my jaw back

18. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

Well there's ya problem! :p

19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

f..king hell this work is illegal but damn s..t bloody hell.

Simply out of this world. Would love to see you and Bill put your together and build one together

20. Razarach

Razarach Minimodder

Even a smallest detail is perfect and whole case is simply awesome... :) nice work m8 ;)