1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Just ordered my new HTC Desire HD on T-mobile for £35/18month [now with some pics]

Discussion in 'General' started by MiT, 19 Oct 2010.

1. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Just had to tell everyone.

My contracted had expired in Sept, and I have been waiting for a while for the phone (HTC Desire HD) to come out.

I called in late Sept when i found out T-mobile UK would be stocking the phone, they said i would have to wait till Oct 22, and they would give me a call back.

Well about 15min ago I had a call, the lady who i spoke to previously as promised called me back, she said i was a loyal customer and offered me the phone for free for £35 on a 24 month contract, it would be on a slightly different plan and would include free calls to 0800 numbers, and some calls from my data allowance abroad would be included, OR for £20 for the phone, and then £35 on an 18 month contract with my current traffic "flex 35", which i had about 3 years ago.

I choose the second option, as i know in 18th months time i would want another phone :) also i dont tend to go over my allowance to often anyway.

Anyway she said it would arrive tomorrow, cant wait!!!:D:D

I just want to share this, in case other people were waiting, and to show what discount you could get.

Also when i phoned originally i went through to the cancellation line, instead of the upgrade team, i believe they have more discount power.

Am sure if i pushed it i could have got the phone for free, but she was nice, and i cant be too greedy.

T-Mobile, so far have been good to me, great customer service, well that's just me

Last edited: 21 Oct 2010
  2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I've been thinking of trying to get a contract phone, but my credit rating is at like a all high 0 not bad, Not Good, a Nothing,

Did they check your credit rating exc? I have to start somewhere but don't know where?

3. MiT

I didnt check my rating, but i knows its quite good, since i don't have a credit card, and the only debt i have is the mortgage and student loan. Never missed a direct debit bill.

Am no expert, so read around.

Phone companies normally do a credit check when you apply for the phone.
    If you really want a credit report check out martins money saving experts advice. He tells you as it is.

Also get a contract that suits you.

4. MiT

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Pah they've already changed the USB charger since I got my Desire 6 months ago, yours is cooler :(

Had a look at a dummy HD in Phones4U the other day, I'm still happy with my smaller model.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I have the same charger with my Desire.

The HD looks huge though

7. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

That's a whopper.

8. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

I'd probably get one if it was £25 a month on 18 month contract.

£35 for 18 months works out as £630 in total and I'd get it cheaper buying the desire itself for £430(?) and topping up on PAYG as I only want text/internet, would probably only use £30 of top-up per year based on my usage too. hmm...

Congrats on getting a fine phone though! :thumb:

9. MiT

The usb cable that came with it is a bit short for my liking, but the plug is cool. Bought some more micro usb's of ebay.

Damn right. But i like it. My ipod touch looks so small. Reading web pages are a dream, and video and photos are great. Playing games is also really nice. Bigger for video, web pages and games is always better. I guess reading ebooks would also be good. Depends on what you want it for.

Been on that contract for 3 years now. I got my dad and brother on it too, but they pay half price, as i got them to get the contract from a friends mate, and he put them on the friends and family scheme.

So far loving the phone :D
    Battery went to down 5% from 8:15 to 9:30am today, had left wifi on by mistake.
    Got read of the weather widget, but got some other on at the moment. Need to keep a eye on it. But so far i end up downloading more apps, due to the 1.5gb internal space, and 8gb SD it came with :cooldude:

If their is anything you would want me to check on the phone let me know. Would be glad to help.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Ah i just got my android phone yesterday, completely insane os, Loving it!, Not nearly as good at the htc version but still glad your happy,

Ahhh so many apps to download!! <3

11. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Waiting for the SIM free version to hit sub £450 then I'm snapping this up. In the meantime, report back on the battery life sitrep, the whole 1230mAh business is kinda worrying when the Evo 4G has a 1500mAh bat and the vanilla Desire has a 1400mAh bat.

12. MiT

I installed a battery status tool bar, to show me the percentage.

So far,

one day after 1.5hours of no use i was minus 2-3%
    Some days when i dont use my phone at work, after a 100% charge at 8:15am to evening about 7-8pm, i get 30%.

Most days i charge it at work from my laptop.
    I have some widgets and apps running, like handcent sms, a simple clock (not the whole weather widget), bbc news, friends stream, text widget etc.

Wifi is off, until i get home and decide to use some apps on it.

Tomorrow i will not charge it, and keep a log of my activities and see how it goes.
    I guess if you play games, watch movies, or anything else major, you would drain the battery quick.

Trying to find a decent case and car mount, but not sure what to get. Dont wont them generic mounts, because i know if i brake hard, the phone will fly out. Similar thing happened to my mates Arcos, he smashed his screen on his gear stick.

13. Weekly_Estimate

wifi is a battery killa -.-

14. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Wow, that thing is HUGE.

My HTC Wildfire is more than big enough for me, though with the limited screen res I can't use all of the apps on Android which is a bit annoying.

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

That thing is huge.

I'm jealous.

:naughty:

I am pretty jealous though

16. MiT

Battey status

So today i thought i would monitor my battery status.

wifi, gps, and bluetooth OFF
    facebook, htc for facebook(update every 4 hours), google, htc sense (push sync) and whatapp sync are all ON.

I dont have any emails sent up to save constant update

(time in 24 hour format)

08.10 100% Unplugged from charger

09.09 97%
    09.23 95%

- Had a 2min phone in between here

10.28 93%
    11.21 90%

- used internet from 11.21-11.35

11.35 87%
    12.32 83%

- used phone to check battery status

12.51 81%

Battery status says:
    4h 40m 18s since last unpluged
    36% Display
    27% Android system
    11% cell standby
    10% phone idkle
    7% voice call
    3% internet
    2% android OS
    2% super jump

I have no idea why super jump is running, going to uninstall it now, dont like the game anyway.

So far less then 5hr use, and 20% gone. But i haven't really used the much today. Just a text, and a quick call.

17. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

not all true since most generic holders (i have one) have locking teeth and a adjustable spring clamp i can honestly say that my phone will not fall out ever. it is more likely the suction holder on the window will fall off first.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Modern-Tech...TF8&s=electronics&qid=1288269075&sr=8-1-spell

like this i mean (i dont have this one)

MiT likes this.
  18. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

on a side note how many minutes and texts do you get for £35 on your 18month ?

19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Freggin awesome phone about the best smartphone out there at the moment

20. MiT

Nice, i guess i will just have to try, i guess the benifit would be i could use it with a case.

My tariff is old, not sure if the same now but i get £180 worth of text or calls. 20p a call, 10p a text. So for 1 month i could text more, while on another i could call more.

As you said at the moment. Technology moves too fast these days. Next thing, we will have 3D TV on our phones. (well maybe in a decade)