1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Gooey_GUI, 28 Oct 2010.

1. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

x

Last edited: 16 Feb 2017
  2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

How about we shake her to death? Seems fair no?

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Wait, so she does something extremely stupid in a fit of rage and then has a smoke and then does the exact same thing again after calming down?

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's somewhat disturbing to me, that these acts of stupidity aren't staying as shocking as they once were.

Prison, throw away the key. She clearly has no ability to prioritise her responsibilities, if she even recognised her child as a responsibility.

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Give her the needle

£20 says some puffed-up religious politician or reporter is gonna make a story of this of how games are destroying us.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I say they put her in a giant paint shaker and leave her there for 30 minutes. Should do it.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

What a child. She doesn't look old enough to be a mother. She does look depressed.

Ah well, cue the "computer games are teh evil" headlines. Or shall we blame Facebook today?

Before we go onto the fun judgement bit let's (yeah, sorry) do the understanding bit first.

Her gaming behaviour sounds a bit addicted. And what do addicts crave? Escapism. From what? The grind of daily reality.

We can blame it on the internet, Facebook, computer games, the lack of morals in youngsters these days or the breakdown of family values. We can just call her a dumb white-thrash epic loser who didn't have the common sense to use birth control when she was banging her slack-jawed cousin in the back of his Ford pick-up.

But then again, perhaps she's another one of those deprived undereducated young people from a broken home who spent her childhood dodging mother's drunken screams and father's inappropriately intimate gropes living in a country with an underfunded state educational system that still teaches creationism and a joke for a state social and health care system. Because having health visitors, social workers, community-based new mother support groups and nurseries is too much like communism, no?

Perhaps she thought it was going to be romantic: settling down with her new beau in her own little home creating the family she always wanted, only to find out that she couldn't handle the whole raising a baby thing so well. So where was the father? Where was her parental support? Where was her social support network (--oh, wait, don't tell me: on Facebook)...

I'm not saying that's how it went down, but I am just saying. Let's pretend that Brown and Harris actually taught us something.

Elton likes this.
  8. zatanna

zatanna What's a Dremel?

thank you, @nexxo. the perpetrator is frequently a former victim.

yes, she will have to face the consequences of her crime, but it's far more disturbing to me that we frequently avoid the honest discussions about what gives rise to these types of crimes.

9. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

^That's what I was thinking. I hate to think how the child is treated normally then...

10. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Disgusting - Granted I've raged at parents for getting the way at games, but a parent shaking their child into oblivion? Surely no greater love exists between a parent and it's child?

In the words of Lord Megatron "Eurgh, Disssgusting" +flicks human at car+

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Thanks, now I've bought another book.

Damnit, Nexxo.

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

She has just interrupted my forum browsing, I agree lets go and shake her to death. I think Farmville itself is a less important detail than made out, babies do NOT look after themselves, regardless of what you are doing, a baby can't tell when you're busy, it can't understand what you say to it no matter how loud you say it, it can't tell by your expressions or tone when you are aggrivated, so, instead of picking the thing up and shaking it, you should be a parent.

What....the...hell.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

What a disgrace,

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

wow, judging by that photo even crack whores are on farmville!

The justice system would be far more effective if the sentence was in affect what you did to the victim you receive as punishment.

So shake a baby to death, you get shaken to death. I honestly think the way violent crime is committed would drastically change, it wouldn't stop it just make them more efficient at getting the job done, i.e a .22 to the temple, rather than being hacked with a blade.

However it might reduce the amount of sex offenders, because i serious doubt a rapist caught wants to get buggered by some form of machine as it wouldn't be right to allow another human to do the buggering. In some sense this already happens with in the prison service, just don't drop the soap.

15. Weekly_Estimate

I believe they still use "an eye for an eye" rules in a eastern country somewhere. Think some guy got told he had to have his spine crippled so he couldn't walk :idea:

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I remember that, medically disabling the man. It sounds mentally harsh form of punishment considering he would still be living. I was thinking along the lines of harshest form which is death but changing the method based on the crime.

17. Nexxo

Won't work; never has. Death penalty? People still killed each other. Life imprisonment? People still killed each other. An eye for an eye? People still k... --wait, I see a pattern here.

Some of Nexxo's rules again, but these pertain to his day job as clinical psychologist.

1. Having children is the fulfillment of an emotional need. A lot of fantasies about 'family' and 'parenting' are projected on that unborn child.
    2. Most parents try to raise their children better than they themselves were raised. Keep in mind that they only got one dodgy example of how to do it and no practice run.
    3. Before you get to the fun bit of judging, you have to sit through the boring, messy bit of understanding. There are no shortcuts if you wish your judgement to be informed and wise.
    4. Things are always more complicated than you (want to) think.
    5. Tabloids always lie. Always. They sell you salacious stories, not the complex truth.
    6. Truth is stranger than fiction because it does not have to make sense. --Mark Twain
    7. All stories are true, for a given value of "true".

Last edited: 29 Oct 2010
  18. Weekly_Estimate

Clinical psychologist? will have to google that

IMO we should bring back public lynching for theifs and small time crooks, bet it'd bring crime right down.:thumb:

hmm googled,

I'd like to study criminal psychology, it always interest me

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

The bit in bolt explains why you see things through such lovely cold logic.

Still, people are allowed their outrage when stuff like this happens man.

20. Nexxo

Let's hope you never get mistakenly accused of something then. Lynch mob justice is not only blind, it is also illiterate.

No, it is just that my warmth extends not only to the baby.

I would even say that it is very important that people feel strongly about stuff like this. But outrage alone is kind of pointless. You call the mother a loser and a monster and move on with your life. Tonight another baby bites the dust.

Outrage does not equal understanding the problem and it does not resolve it.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2010