1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Gigbyte GTX 460 1GB Owners Unite!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blogins, 9 Aug 2010.

1. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

I do wonder if Mr Pleasants prices would be honored or if they cancelled the order advising him it was a pricing error on there site..?

2. ianshep57

ianshep57 What's a Dremel?

I have just called into scan on my way home from work,they are now out of stock, and they say that the price was an error.Seems like Mr Pleasants order will not be honoured,but it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Ian

3. Mr Pleasant

Mr Pleasant What's a Dremel?

Well I've not had an email or anything of the sort yet to confirm or state otherwise about it, the money has gone from my account though so I'm waiting to see if they're going to refund me or not. :(

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

If they've taken the money from your account they're required by law to provide you with the product.

5. Mr Pleasant

It's happened before where I've ordered a TV online that was listed at £130 when it was really supposed to be £1300, they sent an apology email and letter and simply refunded the money back into my account.

6. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Not sure on that...this has come up before quite often with supermarkets listing items on there websites at 1p or a few quid etc due to errors and people rushing in to buy the goods, if they are delivered then yes its tough luck to the supermarkets/retailers, but i have seen plently of times usually on the internet or BBC breakfast show places like marks and spencers, argos etc have listed things wrongly and then have cancelled orders they have not delivered on and refunded the orders, unless you can qoute me different from sale of goods or a retailing act, then no retailer has to deliver any item as they can choose or have the same rights to cancel any order as much as a customer can does as far as i understand it?

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

As I understand it, the seller can refuse to accept the offer (your money). The money taken out of your account does not constitute the seller accepting your offer, so they can just return your money.

If I recall correctly, the sellers acceptance of your offer is the sending of the goods or at least confirming acceptance by communication. Of course, the detail is a lot more complicated sounding than this but that is it in a nutshell I think.

Errors happen, life goes on etc.

8. phidelta42

phidelta42 What's a Dremel?

They'll be covered in the T&Cs somewhere, I had a look at the delivery/returns info and that was thorough to say the least so they'll have a get out clause.

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well, according to Scan's T&C's:

The above statement indicates that, as payment had been made, a sale agreement between the customer and retailer exists, and they are therefore bound (by their own T&C's) to deliver the goods. I'm pretty sure they can't just breach their own T&C's like that, that's the whole point of them existing.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2010
  10. phidelta42

phidelta42 What's a Dremel?

d) Our right of cancellation
    If for reasons beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to an inability or failure on the part of the manufacturers or suppliers of the goods to supply the goods to us, we are unable to supply the goods to you, we may cancel the agreement at any time before the goods are delivered by giving notice to you. We shall promptly repay to you any sums paid by you or on your behalf under or in relation the agreement. We shall not be liable for any other loss or damage whatever arising from such cancellation.

not very clear tbh is a mistake beyond their reasonable control?

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well that depends how you see it. They will obviously argue that it is, I would argue otherwise. Mistakes are not beyond their reasonable control, it's not exactly hard to double check a price is correct.

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I've found SCAN very unsympathetic when it comes to issues outside their strict protocol!

In my case it involved one very expensive, defective purchase and a problem covering return postage fees.

At least it allowed me to find dabs.com, bloody good chaps they are through and through :thumb:

13. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

With the 6000 series now in combat with the GTX460, I can't see any of the 460 models remaining at their current price for long.

I'd say another £15 off before the month is done.

November that is. . .

14. Spikey101

Spikey101 What's a Dremel?

I have a Gainward GTX460 that probably some time after xmas im going to get another and go SLI. Do I have to get another gainward or can I go with any? Not that im not super happy with the gainward, it's just a money issue :D

15. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Sell the Gainward and get a Gigabyte! :D

If you get a different GTX 460 it'll clock to the slowest component. Never tried mixing vendors myself, it kinda feels right to stick with the same brand however.

16. SproutWinkler

SproutWinkler Spending a penny...

Finally going to pull my finger out and get the Gigabyte 1Gb from Scan. Just hope they get some stock soon, £151.99 currently.

17. ICISAZEL

ICISAZEL What's a Dremel?

It seems i have missed the boat who was selling it for under £125 ???

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

It was a website pricing error @ Scan...too good to be true and all that unfortunately.

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

20. Mr Pleasant

Does anyone suggest getting the Super Overclocked version instead ?
    Is it worth paying £17 extra for us people who aren't that confident overclocking ?

Gigabyte GTX 460 Super Overclock