1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Weekly_Estimate, 20 Oct 2010.

1. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

I presume for women generally it might be something else :).

2. Prime

Prime What's a Dremel?

Life is a road trip/journey/adventure. The destination is not important...

What matters is who you take along. Sometimes you'll breakdown on the side of the road and need a lift. sometimes you'll make a wrong turn and have to take the scenic route. Sometimes you'll crash.

That's my view on the mean of life anyway

3. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

the meaning of life can only decerned by the individual and the complete answer is only there at death.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The answer may truly be that there is no question.

5. TheTourist

TheTourist Minimodder

I think the meaning of life is that you must ponder the meaning of life. And reach many different conclusions, none of which you're really content with. So you start again.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's amazing how many Hitchiker's guide and Monty python references I'm seeing in this thread.

On a more serious note, life is...well it's whatever one makes it to be, you cannot find meaning in life by basing the meaning off someone else's interpretation of the reason for living. In an ironic twist, the meaning of life is to reach that destination of understanding and finding your own personal meaning for life, be it squirrels or a nice pair of shoes, it's what you make it.

So don't ask what is the meaning of living, rather live and make meaning of living, it's more fun than sitting there and wondering your purpose, be purposeful. :D

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

No! Thats the answer to the question that was never asked... However, Hitchhikers absolutly owns.

Why are we here? - I've always just accepted that it's an accident with proteins that created life, not much more. But every person creates their own 'why' for existance, many that's passing on our Gene's, Building a great structure. Mine's helping others and making them smile no matter how bad life can get (Despite my trolling attitude on the internet ;))

What is life all about? - Life is about whatever you fill it with, I skydive, Ride motorbikes, Drive big jeeps, Help people, Build computers, Play with fire, Write reviews, Write blogs and try my hardest to make people smile... thats what my life is about. Everyone is different.

Whats the MEANING of it all? - No one has an answer for that, I certainly don't. Accidents rarely have meaning behind them (unless it's badly hidden insurance fraud against your very rich and whorebag wife... +laughs+ enough to answer the question above. A man could spend "eternity to the power of n" postulating forever the meaning behind existance, but in the end... you exist to live and you live to exist :)

---

Life's really about experiences, you might not take anything with you... you may take nothing and leave no trace but for the memories in the hearts and minds of the people you've met. You may discover that you've a specific trait that lets you help others, think of great feats, act on great feats, and do whatever you want for others.

Life's far to complex and wonderful to ever try and write it all down on something as small as the World Wide Web!

Enjoy life for what it is, none of us are here forever (Unless your The Emperor, Which I am... so start that Great Crusade mo'fo's!)

Kovoet likes this.
  8. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Oh I could carry on and on with this question. When I left school very much a happy clappy ( Born again Christian ) I did my two years national service with the RLI in then called Rhodesia.

One day we raided a camp only to see in this camp that someone was reading the same bible as me and in other words praying to the same god but we were killing each other and this changed my perception of religion for the rest of my life. Since then I have had enough of religion to last me a life time with my ex wife being a JW, old man a happy clappy and the old lady being a Jewess.

So where do I stand now and think about life?

Well I think the universe is to damn big for just us lot to be here so there is more life out there somewhere and there is just to many things to prove otherwise.

Is there a god? Yes there is but not the way all these different religions believe it is. I can't see the loving god the all pray would let everyone just kill each other off and come on second coming ain't going to happen.

I won't try turn anyone away from religion I mean everyone believes in something or other. I live my life day to day and when I peg off that will be it. So I embrace my life every day that I live and make the most of it.

I have served in two different armies and given 7 years of my life for what just to make the politicians feel they have the power that's what. Oh if they attacked the country I live in now I will be the first one to volunteer as I reap the benefits of the country I live in now so I will help defend it to.

Damn I have woken up to early this morning to talk so much kak oh well I will take all the moaning.

Live life to the fullest people as you only live once.

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Sounds like you've got the ideas in your head set out nicely Kov! Nice to see someone who's worked hard for their sense of honour and have a right to be proud of who they are!

I'm a young un, but served my time in forces. All I can say is "Bring on life!"

10. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

That is a nice analogy.

I expect most of us would want to live life as a racing driver, exciting, glamorus and with an element of danger.
    However I suspect that in reality we are rather more pedestrian, in our Ford Mondeo's negotiating the traffic jams on the way to work.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Meh. The faster you drive, the less you get to enjoy the scenery.

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

However at 13,000feet it doesn't matter. You fall at 120mph AND get some wicked scenery... For example seeing last Febuaries snow (on the ground) reflect sunlight into some of the most fantastic scene's I've ever seen... at 120mph... was truly awesome.

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I like to think about the time I have spent in my life and those who i have spent that time with.

This was made clear tyo me a few years ago when a very close friend died unexpectedly. He had pancreatic cancer and 3 months after being given the all clear it returned without warning and killed him in under 2 weeks.

During the wake in his local pub me and lots of other friends were just drinking and retelling stories in which Roy (the friend who died) had been a major part. All was thunderous laughter for hours and hours. Not one person left there feeling down or sad. It made me appreciate the time we had with Roy but more than that made me think that its the people we surround ourselves with which we value most and what makes life so exciting. That is what life is about for me. Not necessarily 'helping' those around you but simply enriching the life of yourself and the lives of others in some way. Your reward is the enjoyment of experiencing life without worry or sadness.

Just enjoy it. I guess I'm rambling a bit now and probably repeating myself in multiple ways but i really feel that you should just enjoy what you have. Does it really matter whether or not there is a definitive meaning or reason for it all?

To sum up. My reason for being is to LIVE, not to just EXIST.

If you don't laugh at least once a day in your life, then you're wasting it.

P.S. Just to highlight the reasons we all were laughing so much with the stories is that he was that kinda guy. Having the name Roy he got an 'R' tattooed on his left butt cheek and 'Y' tattooed on the right so that when he mooned someone it spelled his name.........

P.P.S 42 was not the best answer given in hitch-hikers. Gods final message to all of creation was the best..................
    "We apologise for the inconvenience."

Elton likes this.
  14. Elton

Only Bit-tech could've managed to solve the meaning of life in under 100 posts.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Under 100 posts? It was well and truly solved in this thread's title alone. Which, I suppose, still qualifies for the under 100 posts rule.

Elton likes this.
  16. Elton

Touche, one cannot refute the goodness that is cheesecake.

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I dunno, depends on the quality, quantity and flavour of said Cheesecake. Anything other than Toffee is heresy and to be condemned to the Basillica of Torments to be melted down into molten fail. But yeah cheesecake is epic, but it is not the meaning of life.

That has been described by many of the posters here, each having a different view of the world through their eyes and their experiences. Each is right, None are wrong.

18. No_Na_Me

No_Na_Me PC & water, this can only end well

The Meaning of life...

Be happy as often as you can.

Be good to your family - they are the only one you have.

Remember

Every relationship ends ! (Fact)

&

Life, no one gets out alive.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Personally never grow up !

I don't Drink, I don't smoke, I just fly kites.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Be happy, try not to hurt anybody and hope you'll fall in love.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This.

With this. For me.

Already got the last one checked (woohoo!).

The bottom line is that everyone is different - you set your own personal goals based on the morality and ethics instilled by your parents and life influences, that's why the worlds such a wondrously awesome yet also wholly ****ed up place.

My goal is to try and leave this place a little better than when I got here. I don't doubt some other people from other parts of the world will look at my liberal attitude to things and scof though, as their morality is different.