1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Liquified Skeleton

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-Dubs, 11 Aug 2010.

1. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Well I've shown...

Where are yours??? ;)

:hehe:

2. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

on mobile phone so cant get pictures up umtil tomorrow. project is nearly done now. can't wait to show it to all you guys. I really love working with this case as its so unusual every problem you encounter is new and unique, but also quite simple to resolve

3. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Looking forward to it :D :thumb:

4. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

A few more pics as promised

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Very nice :thumb:

What's the performance like now?

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

That third picture looks awesome mate :thumb:.

7. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

Cheers Z3RO, haven't taken it out for a trot yet, all in good time. I'm not expecting idle temps to be that much different but the load temps should be much better.

Cheers Waynio, I'm learning as much about getting good shots as I am watercooling. I've decided I need to get a decent digital SLR for myself as most of my pictures could be much better for the want of a half decent camera. any suggestions?

meantime things have been progeressing here in sunny Lincolnshire (actually it's honking it down and i'm still full of cold and chest infection.

As you can see the CPU block is now attached to the mobo so time for final power off leak testing before going live.

This is the first time the CPU block has been in position so it's reassuring to know I calculated the length of the tubing correctly. Either that or I got lucky, you decide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RAM cooler and GPU fitted to mobo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally the GTs all painted up braided and purty looking go onto the Phobya Rad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I use a kodak easyshare z950, got it for about £140 brand new with the help of google products search ;), was an essential purchase really & superior to the one I used before it, very pleased with it tbh, It's possible to get very nice pics with the manual settings & good lighting.
    I've looked at slr's but they are way too expensive for my liking & I'd rather put the money into new mods or pc upgrades, but if your really into photography there is enough people here on bit-tech who could help you out on your choice.

Nicely painted & sleeved fans Dubs :thumb:, it's amazing how much better fans look sleeved eh :).

9. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

cheers for the camera advice

agree with you re the braiding. I just cant stand to see unbraided wires. they can really ruin the impact of a mod

10. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

Nearly there, we now have working fans controlled via the custom fan controller. There was a concern that the heat sinks in the zalman fan controller would not be able to dissipate the heat doe to the unit being enclosed in a drive box. I'm glad to say all is fine. There was also a concern that the transistors attached to the sinks might be pnp type and as such make the box live. Again glad to say all is good. Lady luck strikes again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

completed.

Well It's finished

Leak testing has been completed 100% successfully and the system is now operational.

I've drawn a blank with trying to borrow a nice camera so have put one on my x-mas list.

I intend to do a short post project evaluation at some point, containing lessons learned and my thoughts on some of the kit I've used. I will also be doing the usual benching once it's had time to settle in. But for now a few pictures of the "Liquid Skeleton".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally a big thank you to my Sponsor The Water Cooling Shop, and to Mick in particular, who not only supplied many of the parts used in the build but gave invaluable advice on which kit to use and why. Remember this is my first ever water cooled build, I entered into the project not really knowing my way around the equipment or the language of water cooling. I can honestly say i had experience of this company before they became sponsors of the build, making all my initial purchases from them. The customer service received from The Water Cooling Shop was exceptional in the extreme.

[​IMG]

Guest-56605 and Waynio like this.
  12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Black and Yellow awesomeness!

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice mod Dubs :thumb:, it almost looks like some kind of tank from robot wars lol, it looks cool :rock:.
    Oh almost forgot +rep for completion :D.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2010
  14. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

Cheers for the positive feedback guys. Very much appreciated. I guess it does look a bit robot wars, and I do get that a lot although it was never the intention.

Maybe the next mod should be to fit a circular saw blade to the front, or a flipper underneath:rolleyes:

Having finished this mod (well as much as you ever do finish them, I think you know what I mean Waynio). I'm now on the look out for a new project, and a few sponsores to help ease the financil load.

Got quite a few ideas knocking around in my head, and am currently teaching myself sketchup so as I can better plan my projects.

Mod on:rock:

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

LOL :D.

Oh yes, that I do :D, you have to draw the line though & say it's finished & stick with it :lol:.

Sure will, you too :thumb:.

16. RabidCicada

RabidCicada Minimodder

I vote Saw Blade. It'll be more usefull on your next mod >.<.

Computar!.....Build your replacement!

17. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I might have to get me one of those Skeletons... :naughty:

Very nicely done Dubs, great build and attention to detail :thumb:

+rep for the completion :D

18. chromespyder

chromespyder ModANoob

Nice mod Dubs.

Not to 'reopen' your project, but have you thought about dyeing the water yellow??

+Rep from me!! Keep up the good work! :thumb:

19. G-Dubs

G-Dubs What's a Dremel?

Many thanks Z3RO. They are really nice cases to work with. And being they're diferrent they really make you have to think about how to go about things and solve problems, which if we're all honest is part of the buzz of modding.

Originally wanted to go yellow tubing with yellow dye, but couldn't find the tubing anywhere and was advised that the yellow dyes aren't too dense and can make it look a little like someone's taken a pee in your loop:naughty:

20. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Really nice. I like the fact you didn't add any dies to your loop, it look's cllearer and different.