1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Aha! You found it! Good man. Trust me... go to Staples... if they have one there... sit in it. You WILL leave the store £135 lighter :)... well.. £90.. 'cos you'll just go buy it off Ebay.

2. its

its What's a Dremel?

My little bedroom setup :D

[​IMG]

And this is where the magic happen:

[​IMG]

It's small.. But hey... it works for me ;)

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Now that's what I call nice speakers. What are they and where can I get some?

4. PBear23

PBear23 What's a Dremel?

Like it, A LOT!

5. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

They're Eltax Millenium 500's. I've got them powered by a cheapo Skytec 2x250W power amp that's a little overkill.

I've had them for years, and I'd pwersonally now swap them for somethign a little smaller! They measure 300x320x1030mm and weight a ton. Extremely difficult to transport! They are also on the extremely bassey side, a little too much for my current tastes, although I loved them when I was younger. That's two 10" subs on each speaker!

They are also extremely loud which was again fun to show off when I was younger, but now I never have my amp set above 1/10th volume, and still have my pc sound at 50%. Afterall they are rated at 250W rms each, 500W in total which is total overkill.

They weren't expensive, I think they were around £120 off qed-uk when they were a much better website. Don't think you can buy them anymore, but if you love your music loud and full of bass they are great speakers.

6. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

My office space.
    [​IMG]
    My view
    [​IMG]

7. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Is that Cardiff Uni halls perchance?

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Just did a quick thing in Sketchup.

[​IMG]

What you think of that desk design?

9. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Yes it is! I take it that you are/were a Cardiff student?

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

How nice would it be to look out of the window and see that every day

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oh FFS, not another bloody student round here - like we need any more! :p :D

Which halls are you in? Chances are you're no more than a 10 minute walk from my flat.

BTW, best pubs near the Student's Union building: the Woodville (you can't miss this one!), the Crwys, the Vulcan Lounge ("open mic" nights on Thursdays - best avoided!), the Mackintosh, the George (though that one's a bit of a walk) & Varsity (if that's your sort of place).

12. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

I'm in Talybont North.

I actually quite like the Talybont Social, but I liked the Woodville (and I'd be pretty embarrassed if I managed to miss where the Woodville was) but I'll have to go and check out the others. Though I'm disappointed that I've not found anywhere that serves real ales yet.

13. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Hey Dullonien, how is that 3D controller to use? I was thinking about getting one for some sketchup fun, but not sure it's worth it over a decent mouse.

14. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

It's extremely handy to navigate around a 3d space as you'd imagine. It was a bit of an impulse buy as most of by purchases are, but I have found it useful. It also comes in handy in photoshop work, just to navigate around the page when zoomed in. You have to rely on drivers to enable support in programs, which sometimes takes a couple of months after realease of new program versions, but they are generally very good in this regard.

As for being worth it over a decent mouse, it saves time really and enables you to quickly and easily navigate around a scene since you can zoom, tilt/rotate and pan all at the same time.

Beatutifully constructed too.

The personal version isn't all that expensive, so if you do alot of 3d modelling I'd say go for it!

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

OK, so it's a little bit more than a 10 minute walk from me (I live about 10 mins away from the SU building), but not far off ;).

One I forgot to mention: The Albany is a damn good pub. I'm pretty sure they at least have guest ales on, even if they don't have a wide selection of real ales. It's more of a traditional pub than some of the places closer to the Union; it's also a little further out, but it's worth it IMO. Nothing against "student" pubs - they usually have good offers on and many of them are chains/brewery-owned so you know there are some standards - but it's nice to go somewhere that's a bit quieter and doesn't have a 10 minute wait at the bar.

If you haven't got one already, get a Yellow card - discounts on food & booze in all "Yellow"/Scream pubs. I have one and I'm not even a student! :D

16. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Shame I don't have a job where I can work from home. But yeah we are very lucky. Still has its downsides though!

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Very nice, clean setup you have there - I've been thinking about getting a SpaceNavigator to make navigating round 3D spaces in SW & AutoCad a little easier as I find it incredibly time consuming using a mouse for that in both. I might treat myself to one in the Janurary sales ;)

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Nice view dancingbear84 :thumb: When I look out of my window I see mountains not very high ones though.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2010
  19. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I'm thinking a new thread, views from your home office window!

20. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Would be a good idear. dancingbear I edited that post because I first thought that was a view from Jeff's window lol