1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Natwest Online Banking

Discussion in 'General' started by Tangster, 11 Nov 2010.

1. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Natwest have a terrible online banking service. It's slow, unreliable and if I enter my details wrong(or possible right) I need to enter all my account details.(Which I have just done) At which point it then tells me:
    Notice the distinct lack of any way of contacting them online. Having rung their customer service before, I can say that I will probably waste an hour(minimum) of my life listening to muzak before getting through to a clerk who has no idea what to do.
    GRRR :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
    [/RANT]

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Lloyds TSB is an alright online banking, although I have nothing to base that on. They probably don't have a way to contact them online because they're so busy (If waiting for an hour is minimum) so they're trying cheap ways out of getting people to stop speaking to them.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Been using Natwest Online Banking for years, never had a single issue.

If you put your details in wrong what do you expect it to do?

I have never found it slow either.

I'm very glad its picking up on the fact that the details you have entered may be wrong, that means its actively stopping people from randomly entering details trying to gain access to peoples accounts.

Kinda pointless rant in my eyes.

I'd bet you would be ranting more if someone had managed to hack into your account and took all your funds.

4. Tangster

I don't mind the security. I mind the reseting it after it locks out. Which is a pain.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

+1

Used to be with HSBC, what a pile of rubbish that was.

6. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I have to agree, I've been using Nat West for a while and only seen it go down once and that was 2 nights ago.

7. Tangster

I have a HSBC account as well. I refuse to use the online banking.

8. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Nationwide online banking is pretty good.

9. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I have a HSBC account and I've always found their online banking absolutely brilliant. I do 99% of my banking online and only ring/go into branch a couple of times a year, because I can get everything done online. Even when I do ring them, I never have to wait any more that a couple of minutes.

I've never been with any other bank, and as long as HSBC keeps delivering I don't know why I would. :massive thumbs up:

10. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

+1 to the above i have 3 acounts with HSBC and online banking is simple, easy and straight forward.

never had an issue with the online service

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I gave up even trying to register.

HSBC phone support is pretty good though.

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Nationwide over here... Can't say I've ever had an issue, except the annoying messages when I login, thats about it.

13. Tangster

In branch service is brilliant as well.

14. PBear23

PBear23 What's a Dremel?

Gives you an option when you log in to not use the timeout feature, if you do so wish.

Used natwest for a long time, and its great no problems here.

15. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I use Natwest online and I find I use the calculator doodad they sent me really very handy for doing bank transfers. Only had a problem when I found I went to use it after a couple of years not using it and found out it had been disabled. Then the bank didn't recognise my signature (?!?), so I had to go into a branch and provide a sample (no, not that sort of sample, you filthy-minded individual) for them to stamp and forward on.

16. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I use RBS (same as Natwest) and the online stuff is pretty good.

The only time it goes down for me is between 2 and around 2:20 in the morning but that's when it updates to the new day, taking off direct debits etc..

Although I'm not happy that there is a Natwest and RBS app for the iPhone but nothing fancy for Android phones.

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Never had any problems. Yes its a pain if you get it wrong they reset it, but honestly, you'd want them to if someone was trying to hack into your account wouldn't you?

Simple solution; stop doing it wrong ;)

18. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I think it's excellent to be honest. Much, much easier and better than Halifax.

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Natwests is easy and fast to use. Sometimes I get the order of my passcode wrong. But I don't feel the need to tell everyone.

They used to bring the service down every night, around 1/2am, but noticed that had changed too.

Sam

20. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Ummmm try using a North American bank. Mine charges for each "transaction" (cash out of atm, using cards, etc), debit cards don't work in most places, credit cards don't have security (aften don't have to sign/pin), credit (visa) card won't work in some places. At least the online system is alright. I use TD Canada Trust. Using a different bank's ATM costs you extra, you have to pay for cheque books, argh!!! It's all those little extras lol.