1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

My big building and the castle next to it! >_< and the sphynx was cool. <3<3<3

Someone will have to build the tunnel network again :( or maybe just make it overground this time so everyone can see each other wizzing by?

Thanks Stick!

And while we're at it - I've got a design for Spawn Guild-hall that I was going to build before the server move (might change white cloth for iron blocks):

[​IMG]

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, I must say that while I'm not a fan of this solution, I will wait to see the result. If it is the only way to get our structures onto the new server then it must be done, however a lot of stuff will need to be rebuilt...

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is true, but on the positive side we have a 'bigger idea' and more people to contribute. When we started we had half a dozen, but we've now got ~20-30 people dropping in, so having more space and more plots to rebuild stuff better will be a challenge :) but we're still not losing *everything*

Yes, we lose a few things like the tunnels which is a huge shame and I feel sorry for the guys that put in the time :( but we can all chip in to rebuild them - the greatest thing about our server is that everyone loves to help ^_^

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

True.
    I am anxious to get going on my builds again. Blowing **** up is all well and good, and jolly good fun now and then, but to be honest I'd rather spend my MC time constructively. I have plans man, big plans! Plans of greatness and legend! Besides, there's not much left to blow up on the temp map anymore, at least not if you're not prepared to walk off the beaten path ... so to speak.

Curious to see how much time Stickeh will spend exporting buildings and structures. I imagine it will take a lot longer than simply migrating the map entirely. I had hoped to get to play a while on my desktop this evening as I am taking steps to rectify my slight condensation issues I'm having. The hairs on the back of my neck erects as I think back to what faced me when I entered my computer room that fateful day. You do not want to see water droplets like pearls on a string along your collant pipes! Thankfully no damage appears to have been done, and the system boots fine. So today I'm getting a few meters of pipe insulation and a few sheets of neoprene.

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

So have I been blacklisted in my absence or do we have to await MP to manually add every single person to the 'whitelist'?

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Huh, not to my knowledge...

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Surely you mean the blown up path (and cabin, and half the ocean, and most of hell world)?

8. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Carto crashes for me when i try to render it dragunov, can you give it a go?

Are you just having problems connecting, or does it return an error 'you are banned?'

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

No it returns error 'Not on whitelist nubface' I am assuming that has been added by an admin and doesn't come as standard....

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I wouldn't mind having the Death Star saved... Don't mind where it gets put though.

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

i hate to state the obviousbut are you putting in the port number?

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Uhm, I seem to remember doing so, i'll double check that though i'm as sharp as a spoon this morning.

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Yeah, sure!

14. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Damn Sitck, respect man :clap::clap: Thank you for all your effort! :)

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

minecraft.net is down?

<insert Nooooooo! poster here>

Edit: <Seven minutes later> Up now. Phew. Crisis averted. :D

Last edited: 13 Nov 2010
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Been down all day for me; haven't been able to get on MP all day. Have been consoling myself with an inventory editor and lots of TNT....

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Gah, yeah, mc.net is down again. :/

18. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

my sculpture garden and tower plz stick preferably to somewhere flat near the ocean like it is atm

need to get on and finish/start a couple of projects when we get things sorted but alas this is multiplay so don't expect things to happen quickly

19. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't seem to be able to make a carto now either, the app crashes where it would normally freeze for a bit, and windows shuts it down. There's still that carto i made a few days before we went commercial though, it's in this thread somewhere.

20. clumsy_culhane

clumsy_culhane Minimodder

Hi all, I usually lurk in the photography forum, but I recently bought Minecraft after reading this thread :) Massive congrats to all those who built that stuff on the old map, from the carto it looked amazing! I'm from australia though, so I might struggle to be on at the same time as other people :( I've PM'd Stickeh for the ip, but I thought I should do a semi-intro here first.