1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

working a month in leau. i am ****ing broke until the 25th. :(

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I can't seem to tell the girl I like how I really feel. We've been through it before, and she said I was a great guy etc etc, but no real reason as to why nothing would come of it. And now I can't seem to tell her how I feel, becuase I get the feeling she thinks I'm able to switch feelings on and off, and you know? I really can't. This is rather confusing tbh.

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Many years ago i did some work experience at a very large architectural/building company (UCS) i was only there for 2 weeks and lived with the owner of the company. Not long after he sold the company off and then was run into the ground by the new owners.

The business site was bought by a chap that makes beehives, who proceeded to gut the building, In the process throwing 130 computers in a skip most of which were high end cad/modeling computers as well as the entire server that was onsite. Other stuff that was skipped was 3 large format epson printers and numerous laser printers (mono and colour)

Ive just heard from the previous owner saying if he'd known it was any use he could have got me all of it for nothing as he lives opposite the yard!!!

Gutted!!

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I went out on the lash last night, and I CANNOT stop doing these disgusting farts. I have a girl coming over this evening. She will not be as impressed as my male housemates.

5. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Scented candles. Asda do some cracking ones. You've got 2 hours. GOGOGO!

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I recently aquired (read: stole from my dad) a pair of Stax SR40 headphones. After listening to the electrostatic perfect sound comming from these I cannot go back to anything else without wincing. Even my JBL HiFi speakers sound comparably poor :( I foresee a lot of wasted money on a pair of B&W speakers.

And I've fallen in love with a projector too. So, I have to find 3500 DKK for a new projector and screen somewhere. Great.

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Haha, another audiphile in development. Its an expensive hobby - good luck controlling it! Thank fully I've never succumbed. :)

On a more annoying note, some thugs used a crowbar to break into my car. :(
    Luckily they didn't steal anything, nor did they smash the window (thank god), but its still going to be a pain to sort out... :(

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i've been ill all weekend.

9. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Stax will ruin your headphone based life - despite being years old... The only issue being the open design that can annoy other people in the room...

Have a look into some electrostatic speakers ;)

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Electrostatic speakers .. I foresee wallet-hurt.

11. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

The car's going to the dealership on Monday, with badly uneven idle, massive power loss, and general engine woes.

It got back from the dealership on Friday after a £2,400 service-and-repair bill.

I think Stuttgart is getting it's revenge on Britain for area bombing during the 1940s in increasingly insidious ways.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So the girl didn't turn up last night, the girl I'm going to see in london on the 19th which is costing me freaking loads, Said shes seeing someone and can't do anything, and it isn't me, I feel like cancelling the trip tbh, My lives just went from amazing to crappp within 24 hours.

I'm just doomed, I'm trying to hard, But then if i don't try i wont get anywhere anyway, bloody hell,

I need direction, -.-

13. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Minecraft multiplayer seems to be another thing that is blocked on my university connection and I'm currently trapped down in a cave system in my single player world, waiting for trees and wood to grow. Oh, how I am the image of woe!

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I wouldn't waste money on the london bird, and find someone local.

You have finite resources, and you're still young, so roll with it. The local lass from last night may be up for a different night yet.

Best bit of advice is try hard but don't take it hard if it doesn't work out and don't spend money you don't have.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yeah definitely cancel. Don't waste your cash for another Friend Zone ticket when you can easily find those for free everywhere

16. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Let me direct you this way:

They're absolutely right. If you're investing too much into a big fat nothing, you may as well stay at home and hang out with local birds. I'm sure you'll be able to find a few (it's reading week for some unis/courses, after all!) and even if you can't, you'll always have us.

[​IMG]

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

advise taken, thanks lads, means allot, cancelled it :thumb:

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Don't put her in the dog house just say you're broke and you can't afford it this month after all, but would like to go see her another time.

My own FML for today. I had approx 5 or 6 meetings, all backed up by emails stating explicitly what I've been asked to provide on a project. I provided this. I tested this and sent emails showing I tested it.

My colleagues are out on a customer site using what I implemented. The customer's side wasn't done to match.

First thing that happens? I get a phone call asking why it doesn't work :wallbash: :wallbash:

19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

A mates wife hung herself on friday night, its really shitty! she had 2 kids and 2 grandkids the aftermath is horrendous.

Its not directly ruining my life but they have so many questions that cant ever be answered!

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sore wrists/elbows/hands from sitting on a computer too much. Damn shitty chair isn't helping the ergonomics and I really have absolutely nothing else to do.