1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Medal of Honor Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 12 Oct 2010.

1. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

It's still meaningless jargon for "the big badasses". :p

2. blood69

blood69 What's a Dremel?

The best Medal of Honor in my opinion is one of the best FPS in existence, its the Alied Assault one. Its the best MOH in Sigle and Multiplayer.
    I think its because of Quake's 3rd engine, was such a good engine to work on at that time.
    The 2nd best its the Pacific Assault one.
    I was never a big fan of Call of Duty games, at that time we had MOH, Half Live, Deus EX, Battle Field, such good fps that had a very good single player history [apart from BF of course].
    One thing that i never liked on single player Call of Duties, it's always changing the main caracter, and on a blink of an eye we are on the other side of the planet. That spoils the history in my opinion, im not saying to not change the caracter nor the place, but the change should occur more slowly.
    Never the less i have to give the credit to the Warfare Call of Duties, Crisis and the new Battlefield, they saved the fps gender on the PC platform.

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

After playing the single player campaign for a while, bit-tech's review is spot on. The multiplayer could have been the saving grace, however i get the impression that DICE were brought on board late into the games development and as a result it just isn't as polished as BFBC2 - it's almost there, but the lack of gun recoil, shoddy model animations in places and the limited gameplay restricts is appeal. 6/10 is pretty accurate.

4. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

I feel the review is a little generous if anything.
    How they've got away selling this as a final product I'll never know.

Played it twice, rage quit twice.
    It's not much fun when you run around, get shot then 10 seconds later drop dead.

I'll stick to BFBC2.

5. Fatbob

Fatbob What's a Dremel?

Who wrote this review ?
    Only negative I have about the game is the HACKS and HACKERS that have been present from the BETA's
    Other than that I love playing the multiplayer, havent played the single player yet tho.

6. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

Well, not to boast but I'm either far better than I thouight or it's very short game, must have played for about 4.5 - 5 hours and I completed medium difficulty.
    Game play wise there's nothing really new, a lot copied from the other 2 great titles, BFBC2 and COD:MW2
    Loads of "movies" so guess that's what's taken all the Gigs as well as graphics quite good, on par if not slightly better than COD. Gameplay was what I expect from a modern FPS but Llike I said before, we need something new, more than great graphics and realizm factor.
    I wouldn't be able to place any of the 3 main titles on 1st position as they all have their merits. So for me if I was forced to I would probably place BF:BC2 1st COD:MW2 2nd and MOH 3rd but only just. This would be based purely on entertainment fun gameplay factor. I haven't yet played MP enough but my standings still remain as is for now, let's see how patches and bug fixes goes as I did find a few bugs during single player.

7. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Single-Player = Mostly thing's you have seen before in other video games but for me there was actually some "gem" moments in the game, the part where I tried to kick in a door rigged with an IED was quite shocking. Doors tend to not kick back in video games. :) I also really enjoyed the helicopter sections, each rpg that struck my and my wing-woman's chopper was what I though the last straw before one of us got shot down but amazingly we made it through the mission with clouds of black smoke pouring out our engines, quite fun!

Multi-Player = Reworked Bad Company 2 multi-player, less weapons, less vehicles but I think each weapon has it's own strengths and weakness' and each one has a niche to fill. I don't see the point in having over 30 guns if half of them preform close enough to each other to begin with but there will always be those who like quantity. The servers run smoothly as long as you aren't playing on one in another country :p and the maps are pretty well thought out. If I had to say that one part of the game is broken it would be the constant spawn killing by the other team because they all seem to have sniper rifles trained on our base 24/7. Other than that, fun game to blow stuff up in.

8. ABUSIVEMANGO

ABUSIVEMANGO What's a Dremel?

After several days of trying to love the mulitplayer- I really am struggling to play the multi-player with out some level of 'Come onnnnn?' or WTF attitude.. The major issue i have is the mass spawn killing - I personally like to move into a position or at least have 3mins pass b4 i get shot - The amount of times i got shot within 10-30secs is unbelievable, Its so infuriating - Its simply not fair and gives you an instant dis-liking for the game., Each gun seems to have zero difference if attatched with a red eye and the extra mag. I've yet to play any level where the shotgun would be a good choice. It seems the gentlemans choice is to set to sniper and simply spawn shoot from the other side of the map..
    I've had a major graphic glitch on the sniper setting on a map when switched to the C4 weapon it just showed a massive black area where the graphics of the controller should be should be.. and dont even get me started with jiggling bodies stuck in the wall when dead.
    In all whats advised as 'Fast and Frantic' multi-player is in my view a mess of good ideas implemented badly... so badly that I really couldnt care if I traded this game in, played COD MW2 until COD Black ops came out...
    A holy forgetable experience that is a rental at best....If you've bought this game like me.. get rid of it now before the price drops dramatically in a mth and it will.. Once COD B OPS comes out this will be in the bargain bins for 19.99

9. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

Just one mans opinion which seems to be the voice of god and everybody follows like little sheep I'll wait
    and play the damn game before I get in line.

10. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

I've been playing the MP fairly steadily since it came out and personally I really enjoy it. The one thing that is annoying, as ABUSIVEMANGO mentioned is that times the Spawn killing gets absurd. However it plays like a lighter weight BC2 which is fine for me - makes it good for a bit of a thrash - when I'm after a more strategic challenge its on with BC2 or BF2.

FWIW I'm not a huge fan of MW2 multiplayer - I found that too fast-paced and spammy for my tastes - while the setting is very realistic the knife-happy ninja bitchers and dual shotty mofos really killed it for me. I suspect if you are a major MW2 fan then you won't be keen on this at all.

Of course YMMV

11. TheLink

TheLink What's a Dremel?

The multiplayer beta was pretty good fun, might get the full version sometime.

12. thesweeney007

thesweeney007 What's a Dremel?

iv been waiting with baited breath for black ops (pc) for ages. was getting really bored with the wall hackers and aimbotters in mw2 ruining what is an excellent game. i was really gutted when i learned that my laptop would not run black ops (even though it runs mw2 at max perfectly) and in protest bought MOH instead. just completed the campaign and thought it was good, the story line was more coherent than mw2 although a bit linear and samey in places. played the multi player a little bit, and fook me its a steep learning curve!!! however once i stopped being all gung ho and started using cover a lot more it seems to have a greater depth than mw2. havnt spotted any cheaters yet neither so its a refreshing alternative

13. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

Just out of interest sake - how do you spot cheaters accuratly? I played MW2 for close to 2 years online and at first thought that some of the guys are just too good at times.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2010
  14. thesweeney007

thesweeney007 What's a Dremel?

cheats are easier to spot on mw2. when you look through you teammates cam when your dead if you see claymores glowing red through walls then their a wall hacker. also if you start getting shot through walls alot then its a bit of a give away. one person running away with a lead is also a sign of a cheat i.e 30+ kills when eveyone else is only getting 15 or so. however that said the kill cams help in spotting this which is a feature that is lacking in MOH, and the gameplay is alot more frantic so cheats could be hidden more.

15. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I'm guessing you've never used the SitRep perk then. You can see Claymore/ tactical equipment through walls.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/SitRep

Also, when I get a perfect nuke (31-1), does that mean that I'm cheating?

Stick to the thread (MoH) and if you want to debate MW2, there's a game section.

16. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Single player is great IMO.

Tags: Add Tags