1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

-

Last edited: 19 Feb 2021
  2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

try squinting really hard at it

3. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

i think i have a pare of those glasses around here somewhere. im sure i got a pare or two from my bloody valentine 3D dvd lol.

i bought it to see what it was like and was **** as expected lol. the 3D that is the film is a matter of opinion lol

4. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Hello everyone, just recently got Minecraft and have been playing around with simple buildings(a bridge made of grass blocks I mined at the moment.)

I have yet to play multiplayer, so hopefully at some point I can join all of you on the Bit-Tech server.

Also, a question, what is the easiest way to build things like a bridge where you have an arch shape. I did it by making a rectangular block and carving away the bottom parts of it until an arch was left, but is there anyway to make blocks appear "floating" next to other blocks rather than having to build all the way up and then break down the ones under them?

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

scaffolding, place a torch, then a dirt block, and then build up a tower of sand blocks. when you reach the level you want, place your desired block, jump off, and remove the dirt block at the bottom. The sand blocks will fall onto the torch and are easily collected... might sound more difficult than it is, but it isn't that bad

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I don't think so.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Instead of what reads as a very negative response to a perfectly normal request, can we just ask people to stay in the community and read the thread/contribute a bit more so we can get to know them first?

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, ok, fair enough.
    Kaies, read the above. While it is not our intention to be unreasonably hostile towards new members of our server and our community, it does come off as slightly suspect for someone to register to the forum just to request the IP to our SMP server. Therefore, we advice you to make yourself known to us first and show yourself to be a trustworthy person, whereupon we will have no second thoughts to granting you access. Doing things this way has helped us keep griefing at a miminum, and ensured the best possible community to play within.

Guest-16 likes this.
  9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Aw, ever the charmer.
    I'm feeling the love, how about the rest of you guys? :blush:

11. Canon

Canon Reformed

Feck off I don't love ya.........unless..:naughty:

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ooh, now that's what I'm talking about! I think something can be arranged... :naughty:

13. Canon

Canon Reformed

Slip me a bit of TNT around the back of the Musuem in downtown, midnight, don't tell anyone where you're going...:worried:

14. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I think it's slightly obvious now :p

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Uh oh... he's on to us. Quick Canon, let's meet at the theatre instead...

16. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

:duh:

17. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I have two pairs of the glasses, paper ones and my brother bought some plastic sunglasses looking ones. Its pretty good, though a little bit confusing at first. When you are stood still it doesnt work too well but running around it truly is awesome, not mind blowingly, but you get a nice sense of depth at least.

A lack of downtown, and you guys have resorted to this?....

edit; in other news; i jumped out of bed this morning as i read an email that a specific world had been loaded on and all i needed to change were the server.properties and it would work...well the server never came back on after i did this, so i assume either; the world isnt loaded in the right place, or it just doesnt load :mad: Sent another ticket

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Stickeh; time for a progress report I think. :D

Edit: Ops...

Hey, we've got needs man...

Are you talking about the cut'n paste world, or the original BT world?

19. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

The cut'n'paste, ive started with just putting downtown in, as well, i didn't want to sink so many hours lining up all these other buildings to have it not load again! It took me long enough to put downtown on a 'ground' level!

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Understandable.
    So how is it coming? Are the problems coming whenever the server tries to load the cut'n paste world?