1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Yeah, basically i change the properties to point at our new world, and the server won't respond afterwards :( Thing is i don't know if the server file is even that at all...or in the correct place. So i have sent a ticket for them to try and report back the error....

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Gah!
    Is the MC server running on a dedicated box? If that is the case why can MPUK not set up VNC or something to help facilitate problem solving quicker and easier? Having to wait for support tickets to be handled is a pain in the hind quarters!

3. Stickeh

It is yes, but its also probably running a few other servers aswell, and it would be a cold day in hell that a game server company like MPUK would allow me to VNC in i'd imagine. The cost of potential damage that someone could cause would be too great....

I agree on the waiting though, its tediously long!

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Guess what...

[​IMG]

:D

5. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

That's nothin'! When I was to be enlisted in the airforce, we where told to get out of the train at this station and wait for further instructions..

[​IMG]

Here's a link to an infopage (in Norwegian, use google translate or something..)

6. wst

wst Minimodder

So, guys... :D

Rogan likes this.
  7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

8. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

9. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

My God is that epic! I can't imagine how much time he had to put in to figure out all the fluid dynamics and then build that thing!

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

ok, that video is utterly amazing.

11. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Pretty awesome stuff :)

Any idea on an ETA yet guys? I'd happily just take what we've been given (fresh world) and have some fun on that for time being.

I've not got the new IP (if there is one), so would somebody please PM it over to me.

I need to stop working as much, feels like I'm pulling 20 hrs a day :(

12. mayney93

mayney93 What's a Dremel?

has anyone made anything starwars related like a death star or a millenium falcon? i kind have a method of building it, a tower of sand etc about 20 blocks high then build it on top, then it'll look better when the building platforms destroyed no? could use lava and glass to make it look like the engines are working, all that jazz

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Really appreciate the effort everyone has put in to trying to get our old map up and running on the MPUK server. I've kinda stayed away from it while you guys get everything working.

Do we think that we should set some sort of cut-off date, and start from fresh if we can't get it running by then? I'm just thinking that, although an awful lot of work went in to the original map and it would be a shame if that were lost, an awful lot of work could also go into making a fresh map even better. It would be great if we could rebuild what we had, but you guys have been trying for a while now. It's a complicated setup with having to rely on support tickets to MPUK and unstable Alpha software (unstable as in regularly updated), so I just think it might be worth being realistic about our chances.

Don't get me wrong though: I'm not saying don't try to get it running, and I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the effort. All I'm saying is that it might be worth considering a contingency.

Indeed it does make sense, and now that I've actually built a similar setup in singleplayer, it makes even more sense! Your design is far more compact than mine however; I've spaced it out quite a bit, because I was sort of figuring it out as I went along. Some real head-scratching moments ensued...

That's a pretty big win right there.

Indeed, I'm in the middle of building the Death Star - I posted some pics of early progress much earlier in this thread: link. It now has the trench running down the centre, and a massive scaffold around it, but we started migrating to a new server around this time.

I've been there :thumb:

14. Stickeh

This thought has run across my mind several times, i'm STILL waiting on this ticket i sent regarding uploading the fresh map + downtown, it it doesnt work, something is messed up and i don't think anything will work.

Its arduous we're gonna have to rebuild what we want, i hope it doesnt mean people abandon the server through time 'wasted/lost' in the previous map :(

Anyone care to think of a date?

15. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Another thing we could do is to hand-build a reproduction of the old spawn/downtown/landmarks. If the Minas Tirith build parties are any indication of our morale it'd be up and running in a few days.

But then there's no reason for MPUK to mess up Stickeh's current ticket.

16. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Turkey day?

I'm gonna have a 4 day weekend, which means plenty of time to build some stuff.

Maybe should also give everyone a pile of diamond tools to speed up the process of rebuilding :thumb:

17. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

everyone gets dimond tools anyway.

and yes i will be up for helping the re-build
    as for the cut off date? monday 22nd? thats a week still or maybe a week after?

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

To be honest, I'm getting bored of waiting a bit. :( I'm almost at the point of 'happy to start again' :sigh: lots of people want in on the new server, so we could easily get it pumping again.

Can we at least have a spawn area that's in a bit of flat land rather than on a hill looking out to sea? It's a bit of a bitch to work with that :p Personally I'm happy to put time into designing a new spawn area + guild-hall + personal boxes/kit boxes.

Cut off date is Turkey day on 25th?? That gives us the weekend to plow time into it :D I'll close this thread at that point and we'll start a new, fresh one with fresh server details (or at least who to contact) on P1.

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Really? How? Me wants. :lol:

Yea, I'd like to be able to build knowing it won't all be for nothing (outside of a server problem).

20. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I too am willing to start a-fresh, I'll miss my cheesecake shop, but it's nothing that can't be rebuilt.