1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The cars for next year will be very different too.

KERS, adjustable rear wings, banned double diffusers, banned blown diffusers, banned f-ducts, increased weight limits. It'll all add up for something exciting.

Kobayashi has proved that Sauber made a very clever choice signing him up, his pretty epic points haul will have brought a great deal of money to the team, even if they couldn't get a bit further up the constructors.

Massa? If he comes back next year without a boost to his performance over winter then I don't think he'll be staying at Ferrari for 2012, probably ending up at Sauber. It'd be a shame but this season he hasn't been at his former ability. Over the hill is probably a bit harsh. :p

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

OK just watched them both on iPlayer today:

SO Happy Alonso didn't win. Utter cocktroll. Petrov and Renault are legends. Ironic given that Renault gave Alonso the double championship!

I'm OK with Vettel winning, he's driven very well all season - at least in Quali and yes, he deserves it. I like Red Bull (yet, not Christian 'Pinochio' Horner) because they are a non-constructor and it shows teams that they don't need that relationship to win. Plus, it's not Ferrari.

Would have preferred Webber or Lewis won - Lewis drove his socks off but like Webber, the blip a few races ago took it away from him ultimately. It pains me to say it but Webber didn't deserve it this weekend, he was outclassed everywhere by his champ rivals - the pressure got to him. Webber won't get this chance again - I can see RB replacing him given his comments.

Massa has been utterly relegated to second place and like BentAnat said he's lost that edge. He'll remain Alonso's bitch next year. :(

I love Kobayashi. He's an awesome, nutter of a driver that F1 so very much needs.

Great season, enjoyable race.

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Whoever thinks that Petrov or Kubica did anything wrong is a bit of a 'tard, really.
    Even a Lotus would not have let any championship contender past if they were racing for position.

Petrov did well, and after FA lifted off a bit, he never made any attempt.
    Lewis was making two attempts on Kubica per lap, and still Kubica didn't give him the position.

Do I think that Kubica is the reason that Hamilton didn't battle Vettel down to the wire? Yes.
    Do I blame Kubica for the outcome? No. he did his job (which is to get as many points as he can), and drove a good race.

Re: Webber leaving RBR - IIRC, he has signed a contract with RBR for next year. But I also reckon that Pinocchio will be watching him VERY closely, and kick him to the kerb at the first chance he gets.

That being said, Alonso went wide SO many times behind Petrov, that he didn't deserve the weekend either. I think there aren't many people that made AS many mistakes this weekend.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

They should bring back manual gear boxes as in reckon it would make for more overtaking.

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I've been saying that for years. It could even be a fly by wire clutchless one, as long as it isn't sequential and is off the steering wheel, so that the driver has to move his hand of the wheel and move the stick through a gated pattern.

It wouldn't be any more dangerous than taking a hand of the wheel to the change brake balance or close an F-duct, but introduces the possibility of sticking it in the wrong gear coming off a corner or droping too many cogs in one go. :D

Oh - one thing I did like from RedBull. They do have a sense of humour.... Did anyone else spot the 'Breakfast of Champions' patches that where on everyone's shirts and race-suits? ;)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I'm not saying the Renault's did anything wrong. It's just a shame that the biggest potential battle of the year was denied to us spectators as a result of the inability to overtake.

In hindsight it's probably more accurate to be blaming Tilke for it.

9. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I hope interlagos gets the final race back last year i think there was one on track overtaking move that i remember of the race.

10. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

As much as i dislike vettel i have to say that he did deserve to win the race, outstanding drive. yes things may have been different if the renaults had got out the way, but why should they and people will always find something to bitch about remember people were bitching about toyota when lewis won the championship.

Overall a great season and im really looking forward to next year!

11. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

I'd have viewed it as a major shame if Alonso were to have won the championship by any less than 7 points *cough* Germany *cough*

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

AFAIK, Interlagos is the last race on the 2011 calendar. Here's hoping the championship is as tight next year...

Williams not signing The Hulk is a bit fail, yes. If nothign else, unlike Barichello, he's not over the hill yet.

13. Pieface

Pieface Modder

That WAS the big battle. If it was all of the top 4, in the top 4 positions then Alonso would have won... That's not really exciting at all.

14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Seems to me that Williams had it's hand forced, they have lost their old sponsorship and they have gained sponsorship from Venezuela but that comes with a driver

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

TBH, F1 isn't anywhere near as interesting as it was 20-30 years back in time. Late 70's and the 80's where so much more about real racing instead of just qualifying and then driving 50 rounds hoping that the car doesn't break apart.

Bring back fuel-pitstops, do away with silly forced tyre-changes, do away with overregulating the cars (f-duct, diffusors, etc...)

I've watched way more GT-series this year then F1, and I do hope that more big manufacturers are joining the new FIA-GT1 world championship as it's way more interesting to watch then F1.

Nevertheless. I think that it was a rather interesting season, with alot of drivers in the end who could've won the championships, but I hope that we'll see a more interesting one next year.

17. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Well personnaly i feel it was one of the best seasons that i can remember in a very long time.

18. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

You sound like my Dad. 'In the good old days!' etc

19. bagman

bagman Minimodder

people saying that it was a alright season needs their heads checked it was one of the best seasons in formula 1 even if not the best, defiantly the best in my time so exciting

and this hard to believe that before the season began people where saying that is was going to be a rubbish season

i just can't wait for next season

20. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

IMO it was interesting, going to the last race and the last few laps.

BUT (and it is such a large but...)

in the entire season how many note worthy overtakes?
    How many awsome moves?
    How many Overtakes on track?
    How many times during a race did you go "that was an awsome move" (especially from one of the leaders), let alone during the season.

Fernando lost the championship title by pitting at the wrong time?

Can you recall any truly exceptional things this season?

it needs a big change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.