1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. deadshift

deadshift What's a Dremel?

okay stickeh so apparently i still cant pm so if you could please add me the the new white list that would be appreciated

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

:duh:

duh.

do we have to submit a ticket with mpuk to get the current map or can we access that without them? if we have to wait for a ticket then map turn around would be pretty long...

-submit ticket for current map
    -download map
    -edit map
    -submit ticket for upload
    -upload map
    -minecraft!

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Exactly as Xtreme_Machine has said.

I will let this run for a week or so, let people have their fun and mark out where they want their creations on the map, when everyone is happy, i will call a cease to building while i download the current map, import all the structures across and wait for MPUK to use this new map.

It doesn't require a ticket to download the map fortunately!

4. mayney93

mayney93 What's a Dremel?

seems like a fair deal, does that also mean structures underground as well as above? or will caverns and peoples hidden chests be wiped with the switch?

5. Stickeh

Everything should be maintained from the 'cease build', just new buildings will be added :)

6. mayney93

oakies, is there still major bugs with mine-carts on-line or is it a possibility in the near future?

7. Stickeh

Mine carts are still a no-no, as they cannot be destroyed :( Redstone works pretty flawlessly now however!

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Don't boats work?

Everyone enjoys a flume.

9. mayney93

oh well at least there's some progress, do boats destroy when hit or are they the same as mine carts? i ask as i was gna suggest a transport system, if minecarts are broke what of a track underground that covers a lot of area, kinda like a lazy river, but FMA brotherhood style that spans quite a large area, it would make getting to places and new area's quite quick, i know a freind of mine did so to his mine on his single player and he's nevah looked back

10. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

From what I've seen boats are now invincible in SMP! We should turn that into some sort of game... bumpercarboats anyone?

11. Stickeh

They do indeed work, i have made a boat dispenser with redstone, doors and such :D

They seem invincible! They will break but at odd times, can't beat them up, but i bet lava destroys them...
    Boat transport would be fun :) I know just the man to make it interesting...haha

I kinda filled that lake with boats huh?

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

When we found contraband minecarts burried underground on the old server TNT did the trick. I do believe there was some collateral damage however.

13. Stickeh

You got me at contraband:lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Server is lagged to hell right now :(

15. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

That sucks that minecarts don't work, they are so fun. I hope that they get fixed in the next update.

Speaking of minecarts, I built a little something last night. It's a roller coaster designed so that the cart on it can continuously loop without my input.

[​IMG]

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

YAY Downtown is back, but 4 things:

1\ Can I get my mod powers back :blush:

2\ Is the global spawn point staying on top of the tunnel? Can we move it back to the hill behind so it overlooks Downtown? Or better yet - can we remove the entire hill and just make a spawn platform that overlooks Downtown?

3\ If my building is not being ported across, could I book some space downtown next to the dino? Who administers the area?

4\ Can I admin spawn? :)

5\ :D Would it be possible to build a button operated minecart track + booster to take 1 person to the top of a building? I realise multi-carts are still an issue, but does it affect smaller runs as well?

17. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Bindi, points 3 and 5 if i may. I cleared a plot of land yesterday right next to downtown i think. Yours if it hasn't been taken already. And as for the mini cart up a building, i don't think it would be too bad with a single cart. The problems for up started when we had multiple boosters going in the same circuit

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

3/ You are too generous, Sir! I don't mind if you had plans, I'll move over a bit further :) EDIT: Actually I'm half tempted to claim the land the other side of the tunnel, behind spawn. EDIT 2: OK Bahgger claimed that area - I didn't see his sign, so once I get mod powers I'm annihilating the hill behind spawn for my own space "across the railway tracks" :eeek:

5/ Win! I just want one cart and one booster. Pick one out a box, put it on the track, then press the button to release the booster (which then resets itself). The cart then takes the person up to the top of the building :)

Then there's a waterslide down. :rock:

19. Stickeh

1/ I hadn't added you back to mod status as i'd forgotten the exact spelling if your name....

2/ Spawn is set as the top of the tunnel as it is the edge of downtown, makes it nice and easy for any newcomers to find downtown, and its far enough away for the spawn protection to not annoy too many people. We can move it as i would like to make a 'guild hall' or something similar as the spawn point for arrivals!

3/I can port your building if you like, you just have to stake some land and say where you want it!

4/You should be able to spawn things yes.

5/ Carts still cannot be destroyed bindi, so use with caution...they require a big pit and burying, and someone mentioned tnt to remove...

20. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Trying to find a plot of land for myself ^_^

Unfortunately I'm just randomly wandering... Is there a carto I could use or some other way to see a bit further?

I need a large area of sea and some land nearby that could (preferably) be made into an island...

EDIT: Sorry I missed you sitckeh, was posting here :p

EDIT2: I lie, atm I'm going round building towers as a spotting platform :p