1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 19 Nov 2010.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Anyone else playing this today? My copy arrived this morning, when I was still busily fixing my Dad's phone+carkit issues. So pleased that got sorted so I can fire this up :)

Only just started it, but I'm liking it so far. So shiny! The controls for the AC games seem to be perfect for me, whenever I play other games their controls don't make sense in the same way as AC and I get frustrated comparing them.

Right, back to it for a bit :rock:

Apophis54 likes this.
  2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I will be getting it along with Force Unleashed 2 as soon as xmas is out the way

Apophis54 likes this.
  3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

What platform is that because as far as I know the PC one isn't due out till next march :waah:

Apophis54 likes this.
  4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

X360 - hence the thread label. :p

Is Brotherhood an attempt to fill in the mysterious gaps in the timeline of AC2?

[edit] Evidently not, a romp round Rome. Sounds like it might be good though, depends how long it is.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Haven't really looked into AC:B much, is it tailored more towards single (and does it continue where it left off in AC2?) or is it more multi-player based?

I really enjoyed the 2nd one (so much so that I've got it and completed it on both the 360 and the PS3).

Since you've got it, there's a 4 week competition running on x360A.com which you can enter if you've unlocked the requisite achievement for the week (this week [NOV19-NOV25] it's Synchronisation Established)

Edit: @Krikkit, I thought the missing timelines in 2 were placeholders for the DLC?

Apophis54 likes this.
  6. alastor

alastor Minimodder

It does continue on from 2 with Eizo vs. the Borgia, Eurogamer gave it a very rare 10/10. Expect 20hrs+ to do it justice as with 1 and 2, I'll pick it up sometime after Christmas hopefully.

7. Hex

Yep on 360 obviously ;) I found the controls suited so well to the controller I can't imagine you'd gain anything by playing the AC games on a PC to be honest (also apparently I don't have the right gfx card or something to play them anyway). Cheers for that link Blademrk, I did have it open on my netbook for ages, but a browser crash lost it :/

Oooh 10/10. Excellent! I am liking it so far, just going through story mode. Looking forward to multiplayer as soon as some more people get their mitts on it. I was going to wait until the inevitable price drop after xmas, but a mate stepped in and got it for me as a late birthday/early xmas gift :clap:

[edit]One more thing:
    UNICORNS!!
    :lol:[/edit]

Last edited: 19 Nov 2010
  8. Hex

So far the only bit annoying me is the VR Training. The controls completely change making him go in the wrong direction all the time. That frustrated me with the tombs in AC2 and it's frustrating me now.

[edit]Replace annoying/frustrating with I am going to kill someone with my controller soon. I bet it's the same ******* who puts these bits in every time. I'm going to hunt him down.[/edit]

Last edited: 19 Nov 2010
  9. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I want this game :'(

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'd love to get it but I can't afford it right now,

still have to get Fable 3, Fallout NV and NHL11, probably some more I've forgotten about too.

11. Hex

Yeah lots of games all out at the same time, right before xmas, there's a surprise...

Next on my list are RB3 & Fable 3, probably going to get them with my Tesco vouchers, they're not in the great exchange (vouchers worth double) which is a shame, but they're still technically free anyway.

12. Hex

Just found something really quite annoying. Like the other games you can see areas where it doesn't want you to go yet and you'll desynchronize if you stay there for too long, however, it doesn't stop you from traveling via the tunnels into these areas (you may not be sure exactly where the animus isn't letting you go).

I just went to an area I apparently shouldn't have been in, I only know this because as soon as I took a single step out of the tunnel I desynchronized :grr:

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Damn I need to get round and open my copy of ac2 then play this

14. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

I just completed the single player and I rate it the best game I've played this year. Absolute 10/10. If you skip side missions the story will realistically only take around 6 hours to complete. If you play it ALL; like literally everything, it will last you at least a week if you play it a ton. A lot more to do than AC:2.

The new "Call Assassin" function is amazingly fun and adds a whole new layer towards how you wish to assassinate targets.

I'm finding multiplayer also fantastic. Only 4 game modes, they all do basically the same thing, Assassinate someone, buuuut I'm finding it highly addictive as figuring out new ways to Assassinate victims is awesome. The fact you can unlock tons of different perks, abilites and streaks is great.

I advise anyone to get it.

15. Panomama

worth £40?

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

its like £26 in Tesco :p

17. Panomama

Its not in my local tesco.
    Im not officially allowed anymore games this year.. so I'll have to go to game or something for it. It'll be like £40 there.

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

ah i seen it somewhere for that.... may of been sainsburys
    cant afford it atm, dunno if i can get GT5 this week becoz i got alot of travel and partying to do :rock:

19. October

October Mariachi Style

O rly? :thumb:

20. Hex

Yeah I know you can use the controller on the PC, but my point still stands. I don't see that you gain anything with these particular games on a PC rather than a console. You get the games much earlier and without the dodgy Ubi PC drm-ness too.

I'm trying to make the single player last as long as I can by doing most of the side missions first before progressing with story bits. For AC2 I rushed it a bit and then got sad it was all over. I really want to try out multiplayer with some friends before random strangers, but hardly anyone I know has it yet, most are getting it for xmas.