1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of the advertisements are a little too...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sea Shadow, 19 Nov 2010.

1. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

I'm under 18 and the first thing i thought when i saw the advert was:

o_O WTF?

It's ok, i just skip that sort of stuff (i am that sort of teenager, not like 80% of the boys in my school) but it is a bit concerning that this sort of stuff is displayed when i see posts from moderators stating this is a family website.

2. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

mecblade

less of the swearing then please.... He He.

3. Burdman27911

Burdman27911 What's a Dremel?

The maxim ad looks the same as the version that was in the box on the right... unless they changed their ad. From what I can tell you just cut off the bottom part for the side advertisements (but left the boxed one alone).

Anyway, it's nice to see it gone and back to "normal" advertisements.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

What Ads?

Adblock people.

/thread.

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Indeed.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have had an annual subscription for the magazine that the same publisher which owns this website produces since issue 1, so I figure I support it well enough to begin with. I'm also aware that they lose ad revenue because of blocked ads, but you have actually taken my slightly sarcastic comment the wrong way. You see, I do have adblock installed but it's not to block the ads on bit-tech. It is one of the few exceptions that I have because the ads here are actually relevant to my interests. The ads on 99% of the other sites that I visit every day though, are not and are blocked.

Simples :) Sorry, I did give the impression that I run adblock on bit-tech but that's not the case. I was just saying that if the few people who take issue with the ads want to avoid them, the option is there.

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

OMG, Clevage on the front page!

9. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

It's pretty sweet, too!

Err, I mean, bad naughty advert, blah blah, think of the children, waffle, at least it's better than before...

10. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Indeed. But the topless guy on the right. :blush: Dear lord, be still my beating heart. :hehe:

11. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah that's simple. You CHOSE to look at a UK website, so you'll accept the UK standarts. It's that easy. :D
    If we'd go for the lowest common denominator we'd have no women on the web at all (or in burka's). I'm pretty sure there's "geographical Regions" where the Internet is banned alltogether, so out of respect for them, we'd have to shut down.