1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Nov 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

I want my Reventon! ;)

3. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I always loved this one, when I was a kid...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93AGHNO1-ZY

This was the one that brought me to the NFS World... Now, I can't even touch it after playing Most Wanted... (loved the first NFS Underground)

It seams that this is another one to pass... sadly

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

So how many times do you have to pit in at a petrol station in the game?

5. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Wow, that's the first average review I've seen of this. Think Edge gave it 9/10 and Guardian 5/5.

Source.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2010
  6. CardJoe

6/10 is above average. 5/10 is average here.

http://www.bit-tech.net/scores/

7. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Ahhh... First NFS i played was #2, was totally simple with an awesome soundtrack. #3 was even better, #4 was fine. Everything after that was just utter ****. Vowed to never play the series again (and driving around in circles was becoming incredibly boring). :)

8. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

Cracking :D

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

As I said, NFS3 was awesome, and then I got NFS2 wich was truly amazing, very simple and lots of fun, NFS4 was a "revolution" at the time, because the cars got damage, there were even lots of skins in the internet, so that u could put other cars in the game... Great times... (I'm old) :D

Liked the first NFSU because it really was a good game, another "revolution" at that time... Let's hope they do it right next year :)

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

"The cars are fully licensed and accurately modelled so, obviously, the Porsches look ugly" I giggled.

And that looks, roughly, about what I'd expect from a NFS game. I'll be passing until it's cheaper than chips found by David Dickinson.

11. Blackmoon181

Blackmoon181 Geography,Its not just colouring in

I would like to have seen some evaluation on the online multiplayer portion of the game. I believe criterion

spend a lot of work integrating social networking and was wondering how much of a gimmick it really is.

12. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

wow - harsh

got to say the demo sucked also

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

If only it was less...mediocre?

14. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I remember playing hot pursuit 2 years ago and really enjoying it. I wonder how this stacks up against it?

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So basically it's an arcade game. Something you would happily spend an hour playing in an arcade with friends after a few drinks, but not something you would actually want to own.

16. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Gamesradar gave this 10/10. This review is much more in tandem with the customer's reviews I've seen on Amazon.

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Just for the old times' sake I might give it a try. I remember the (original?) NFS I had at somewhere around the change of millenium and how fast and furious it felt at the time.

18. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Actually it depends on which 'average' you are using... As reviews from Bit-Tech never or extrememly rarely rate anything below a score of 5, a score of 6 is below a mean average in comparison to other reviews. The actual average from reviews on this site would work out around 7.5-8.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Nov 2010
  19. CardJoe

Bit-tech uses the whole 1-10 scoring scale. The only reason we usually score 6+ is because there's only me on the entire staff who is constantly devoted to games and I, therefore, prioritise my time on the things that are actually interesting to readers. Our readers aren't stupid, so they are generally only interested in bigger games, which means higher budgets and usually higher quality releases. I look at more rubbish games when I can and if we had capacity to review a wider range of titles then I'm confident you'd see the average score widen.

Besides, we're confusing the definition of 'average'. I was originally saying that a 5/10 is a game of average quality - something which fails to either wholly impress or disappoint. You're saying that the mean score we give out is around a 7/8, which is a different thing. To me, a 5/10 is an average score but can still seem unimpressive based on the expectations people have for their purchases.

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Was somewhat interesed on that until I realised they werent using Steam at all..

Tags: Add Tags