1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus Eee PC 1015T Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 23 Nov 2010.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i was going to bitch and moan that you didn't include a minecraft benchmark

but you did so kudos to Bit Tech. :)

Very interested in this product

3. Xir

Xir Modder

it IS sold in Germany...
    the HDMI is a very welcome addition (as the signal quality* of the VGA port is shameful on my 1001P), shame it doesn't work properly.
    Maybe in time, the drivers will mature.
    For Win7 2GB should probably be standart (but MS/Intel don't allow it, I believe?) OR you could revert to WinXP, which fits the light performance profile with 1GB better.
    The body is the same as the 1005P/1001P, though these have lost the shiny edge around the non-glare display some time ago, strange that it's back.

Does the expressgate run @ 1024x600 at last?

*shame that VGA signal quality isn't tested anymore. Normally no problem, as DVI/HDMI is used, but with devices with VGA only...

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

"With 1GB of memory Modern Warfare 2 was barely playable with 1GB of memory."

This is true with 1GB of memory it is with 1GB of memory.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Seems like the perfect netbook with the 2gb ram, good balance between power and performance. Only problem is its a bit redundant since bobcat is ever nearing. I would rather hold out until then. When netbooks can handle light gaming such as oblivion, TF2, halflife 2 etc. With a good battery that lasts nearly all day ill get excited then. Its the only thing that will let them survive the tablet onslaught. Personally, ebooks (kindle), tv catch up, the mini games and touch interface are all major wins for tablet devices.
    Either way mobile computing is certainly looking very good

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Xir - HDMI worked fine and the drivers can be updated for the chipset. As for d-sub, no, it's not something I tested sorry.

7. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My Compaq Mini 311 is ~£300, N270 + ION (512MB) with 3GB of Ram. I've got a custom Bios so the CPU is OC'd to 2.25Ghz, the chipset is OC'd using Nvidia System Tools. I've got a 9 Cell battery so I get up to 9 hrs of battery life and it has a lovely 11.6" 1366x768 screen.

In XP I use it for playing Medieveal II Total war, KOTOR, All sorts of slightly more classic games that the 16 OC'd shader Cores absolutely rip through. In my opinion It is the pinacle of Netbook gaming. THe M11X is far more powerful of course, but its really 12" and weighs 2kg and costs alot more than the standard "netbook" market aims at.

8. Lazy_Amp

Lazy_Amp Entry AMD Engineer

I'm waiting for a fusion Zacate platform honestly. Two cores and twice the Stream Processors for the same wattage as the graphics on this alone.

Unfortunately, probably not going to be out until next year.

9. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Zacate still due 4th quarter 2010 - apparently

[​IMG]

10. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

ASUS do appear to be churning out laptops and netbooks with no discernible market window... Just kind of hoping something sticks I guess!! Also they need to get their s**t together wrt battery life and cooling...

11. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Would be interesting to see how the Acer 1.7ghz Athlon II Neo with 4225 would compare versus this longer battery life single core version.

12. Lazy_Amp

Lazy_Amp Entry AMD Engineer

It has shipped in Q4, yes, but not due out on the market until, sadly, January.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/19948

13. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, let me put it another way, having a HDMI output that's not limited (so puts out 1080) is great, but if you still have to play movies at 720, it's not "Fine"

Not testing D-Sub. No problem, in this case as it does have a digital output. Why bother with the analogue one?
    I wouldn't use it. :D
    Most OTHER netbooks however only have an analogue output...and those haven't been tested either. (not just by you, analogue signal quality has died as a topic of interest since digital outputs prevailed) :D

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I mean, the quality was fine - it worked just like a normal graphics card. Playback was another issue altogether :p

WRG to Zacate/Ontario: everything is launching at CES.

Ev-er-y-th-ing

/Gary Oldman in Leon.

(And, yes, I know he said 'everyone' really).

15. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

:)

16. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

One of the Biggest features of this netbook that puts it a cut above the rest is the ability to see 4Gb of RAM. Intels 'new' Intel N550 still cant see 4Gb and even though we have to factor in the cost of 4gb of ram - it will bring a huge much needed leap in performance in any netbook - so the V105 might be only single core but coupled with 4Gb it will take a lot of pressure off the already slow hard drive and enable it to be a little more responsive when doing a little multitasking.

the ability to use 4Gb of ram alone is enough of a reason to buy this netbook. (oh - and the V105 supports 64bit computing also!!)

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

4GB and multitasking on single channel memory and a 1.2GHz single core will kill it tbh. It's still a netbook. You need even basic Athlon Neo standards for that.

18. Lockon Stratos

Im not talking about heavy multitasking mind you. but 4Gb will help Windows 7 run more smoother and makes W7 ultimate a much tastier option then sticking with w7 basic

19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Even at that the 32-bit isn't as heavy.

Out of interest does intel graphics benifit from having more memory assigned to them like some onboard graphics. Tom's done a random article on ram and concluded that more than four gb of ram is still useful in a 32 bit enviroment if you set the ram up as a ram disk or something like that. TBH a netbook should never be doing anything that needs that much memory or level of response. If it does your into mid range laptops.

20. Lockon Stratos

yes - read bit-techs review again and you will see that they compared performance between a stock 1015T and one with 2Gb installed - it does make a difference - and the more you can allocated to the built in graphics - the better the performance though there still is a limit and just adding extra ram wont allow you to play crysis on it - but if it could, it would be one of the best netbooks ever made

Tags: Add Tags