1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fractal Design Arc Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Dec 2010.

1. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

oh ok, thats great news!!

One issue I have overall is that with my R2 there were quite a few things that I was hoping to be addressed. The R3 did a adress a few of these things and the XL and now the Arc also address some things. But not one case address all the problems :( I guess I will wait until Fractal come out with another case that address all my concerns.

2. Fractal Design

Fractal Design What's a Dremel?

maximus09: Which concerns are unaddressed right now?

eddtox likes this.
  3. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight What's a Dremel?

Looks like a great case, I just hope it will have a couple of front USB 3.0 ports, with Sandy Bridge and Bulldozer coming soon new cases need to start having front panel USB 3.0 as standard.

4. Fractal Design

Phoenixlight: It will ship with 1x USB3.0 and 3x USB2.0 ports...

5. jalex3

jalex3 What's a Dremel?

Will this be a proper motherboard header or the the kind you plug into the back? it looks very nice its in my top 4 choices for next case.

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I am so bored of these Bit-Tech previews... Until the item is released and you can do proper tests and come to a conclusion on the finished product this is a waste of time. So enough of the Game and product 'Previews' already.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Looks darn good but am I the only one who doesn't like side panel fans? I think it ruins the look of an otherwise clean looking case

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I really like the look of this, I think it offers more flexibility than the R2/R3, especially with the removable/rotatable HD tray and the room for watercooling. The suggested price point is also good.

Is the front fascia aluminium? If so, did Fractal commission Lian Li to produce it like they did with the Array case?

9. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

This Preview is the best thing I've seen on a tech site in a long time. Not because the case is awesome (which it is), but because Fractal Design's involvement in the forums allows the community's concerns to be addressed. This is what previews should be about. Kudos to Bit-Tech and Fractal Design!

10. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

I think it looks great, personally I like "the curved corners and minimalist looks". Could be the new Antec 300.:thumb:

11. Fractal Design

It's not aluminium, it's plastic with aluminium texture on it. Similar to what we have on Define R2/R3/XL. Getting alu in the front would raise the price with ca 30 EUR and we don't think most people are ready to pay that.

12. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Maybe it's the angle or that a bit of the top of the case has been cropped in the images but I'm struggling to see how a pair of 60mm thick dual rads with fans will fit?

13. shah

shah Minimodder

Me like. The case is very good. I like those curved corners at the front. Should include 2 USB 3 ports rather than 1.
    Couple of suggestions: Removeable hdd caddy for R3. Make the case a bit wider so that there is enough room for cable management.

14. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

@Fractal Design

thanks for the continued input :)

I agree in some respects re: the extra cash for the frontage - would be nice to have the option though....

have you a direct pm account I have some ideas on cases I'd like to share?

15. murraynt

murraynt Modder

First of all Hannes, Welcome to bit tech. It's really good to see that manfacturs care about who they are selling to. You need to have a lot of balls comming on here and asking for our opinions, especially after putting so much time into a case like this (And lets face it. Alot of PC enthusiasts can be unforgiving.)

I love lhe look of the case.
    Just one or two questions.
    1. Have ye decided on how many of the fan mounts will be filled when it is released?
    2. If I decide to not fill up the top/front of the case with fans can i get a blank piece to match the case that screws in flush? This will give you the abilitly too have sleek case and no need for dust filters.

If this turns out well it will be most certainly my next case in the new year.:rock:

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Ok based on the new pictures I like that ALOT!

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Thanks for the quick response.

I just want to reiterate what others have already said - I think it is fantastic that you have taken the time to directly communicate to us here.

18. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Looks superb.

That said, I don't like these preview-things. Just take your time with the complete review and keep product launches off the articles-section..

19. stupido

stupido What's a Dremel?

My thumbs are also up! :)
    as of connectors:
    * USB on the bottom - for the HDD/memory stick
    * Audio on the middle or up but not above
    * Power/Reset - wherever...
    and +1 for a nice miniITX!! I also want my next build to be based arround miniITX. But please do not make it to use slim optical drives... Though they look nice, I find them too expensive and I'll never buy one... that is the only serious remark I have to Silverstone

20. teppo

teppo What's a Dremel?

Any chance for a Fractal Design mATX case in the near future? I love the size of my NZXT Vulcan but god dammit there's nothing good about it besides that. Combining the size of the Vulcan with looks and functionality of the Define range would have all the makings of great case.

Tags: Add Tags