1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Vote for your Game of the Year 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Dec 2010.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Not much, very few times, ... ?

2. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

I concur.

3. heavyglow

heavyglow "MEDIC!"

please remove blops from the list :(

Canon likes this.
  4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

How on earth did COD:BO make the list then? COD of duty stagnated after Modern warfare 1! Surely COD should be disqualified for the same reason as Halo?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

If you don't want BLOPS to win, don't vote for it. As it is, it got an 8/10 and that's a score we stand by. If you want to campaign against it and encourage others to not vote for it, feel free.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

blops xD into the toilet

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Honestly Joe, I cant seem to understand the logic:

Saying Halo reach wasnt anything particularly new (and only getting 7/10 which I wholeheartedly disagree with) is a bit of a kick in the teeth considering:

1)Call of duty black ops in there and that is exactly more of the same albeit inferior some may argue to COD: MW2

2)Football Manager 2011 ? Seriously? theres been like a million of these before - how is this revolutionary?

3)Fallout New Vegas - Would this not simply be more of the same?

4)Just cause 2 - Quite a sandboxed game yet this has 8/10 and offers no multiplayer at all - I would argue the value isnt the same. Halo reach campaign isnt amazing but its good but where it excels truely is the multiplayer and that surely has to be taken into account when you talk about what makes a good game??

Halo actually improved on the game engine as well as graphically and the campaign was really good and more of a cinematic experience unlike previously (similar to COD:MW2). Online play added even more depth and the gameplay, graphics and speed had been increased to make it more fast paced and in my opinion better - The depth of the game is unreal.

Watch this video below (Seriously just sit and watch at the depth this game has, especially the last section at 3:40 mark on how awesome/crazy online play can be)

Theres hundreds of these videos on youtube showcasing exactly how much depth this game has, its a solid shooter and im not even that big on FPS games..or halo for that matter.

I just struggle to fathom how certain games are included and others omitted. I really do find myself disagreeing a lot with some of the reviews and opinions on here and while that is to be expected of course (were all different) I do find my opinion seems to settle in with the majority on what makes a good game and what makes a bad game.

Its just..I see no real concrete logic here, its like your bored or have particular distastes to certain games and regardless of how great they are they will be given lower scores yet other games seem to be favoured simply because of some weird reason despite being simply more of the exact same - as evidenced in points 1-3 above? If there was a new monkey island game regardless of it being simply...more of the exact same It will probably get some high golden award for it from here...

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Heavy Rain @ number 1, I was blown away by this mega high quality innovative new form of interactive movie/game & really want to see much more like this, brilliant :jawdrop:.

Red dead redemption @ 2, just a shame it hasn't come to pc :wallbash:.

Dead rising 2 @ 3, classical zombie laughs :lol:.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

BFBC2 needs a replay mode! i've shot AT4 through blackhawks at least twice!

10. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I'm going to have to abstain from voting. No doubt it's been mentioned, but Minecraft isn't on the list.

THIS IS A TRAVESTY!!!

I know, it's not released yet, it's in alpha, blah, blah, blah. The start of the article says 'games we've played this year' and I most certainly have played me some Minecraft. This vote is a sham! I declare shenanigans!!

11. Random Octopus

Random Octopus What's a Dremel?

For single player, Mass Effect 2
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Red Dead Redemption

Multiplayer , Black Ops (really good now it works)
    Left 4 Dead 2

That said if I was a PC gamer I would say WOW as I watch it being played all the time and it does look awesome.

12. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I don't know why my login doesn't work to vote in the poll but i understand that the email database is the gold for any website. I have no problem helpin BT, but since Dennis took over, this site is kind of a let down.

Anyway it would be nice to have a "blank field" to fill with any other game that it is not listed. What about another poll with just this blank field?

And what about those freegames like "Solipskier"? Ten times better than chimes for example...

I am really enjoying New Vegas because it brought back lots of the feel from the previous FO titles and in
    my opinion it is much better than FO3 was. And may god have the crew that made it (FO3)... ASAP!

Secondly it would be Civ V. Although it is not as fun Civ IV was when it came out, this is a great game.

Third would be ME2. Kinda Shallow I agree. But it was this or CoD: Black Ops wich was fun most because of the Zombie attack and the arcade "Dead Ops" wich was more fun than the game itself! And it even have a Zork word/adventure game inside it! Great fun!

But... I am kinda of anti FPS....

13. Manu_Otaku

Manu_Otaku ManuOtaku

Why on all that is sacred in this world is not a wii game in this list?; keeping in mind that this year are great games on the wii, first party and thirty parti wise.

14. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

Umm no, its not much of an rpg, an average shooter, with typical sterotyped bioware characters, superficial choices, and a horribly cliche plot, devoid of any challenge and difficulty................ There are many a better games and RPG's around. Bioware is the most over hyped, over rated developer on gaming, yes, more then Treyarch, Infinity ward.

15. mastorofpuppetz

Heavy Rain is more innovative and in depth character wise then any bioware game........................

16. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Voted for:

Mass Effect 2
    Heavy Rain
    Red Dead Redemption

17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

19. jhng

jhng What's a Dremel?

Tragically I have yet to play a single one of these! Curse this geriatric hardware...

jhng

20. mastorofpuppetz

Tags: Add Tags