1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Problems with NFS: Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by papi jo, 3 Dec 2010.

1. papi jo

papi jo What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone,

I've installed the new Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit on my pc but I'm having a problem. The game has a lot of "breaks" even in the menu videos. It's pratically impossible to play like this. It's strange because my pc has a core i7, 6GB DDR3 and a evga 9800GTX+ 1GB, well above the game's minimum requirements. I've tried different resolutions, changed the monitor, installed the latest drivers for the video card and nothing seems to solve the problem. The problem isn't the game either because it runs flawless on my laptop. Anyone has an idea of what may cause this?

Thanks

2. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

Try reinstalling DX 9c or which ever DX ur machine uses, tis good idea just to install DX 9c anyway, im use win7 and im haveing no probs.

3. papi jo

papi jo What's a Dremel?

It didn't work. I even formatted the disk and installed Windows 7 Ultimate (I had 7 Enterprise) and installed everything all over again and the problem continues...

Edit: I've installed PES 2011 and it has the same problems. And when I start both games I start to hear a lot of times that sound windows makes when it detects new hardware. But there isn't any notification in the taskbar

Last edited: 4 Dec 2010
  4. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Do you have any USB devices plugged in? Are you using a controller?

Maybe windows is trying to install something in the background