1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware The Best Graphics Card for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Dec 2010.

1. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

But not everyone is having these problems. I have had zero lag, pauses or stutters. It's always buttery smooth no matter what, SP or MP.

There's clearly something amiss with the game and/or drivers, but it's getting tiring read people's disbelief in someone's good experience with the game just because they are having issues.

2. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I play Black Ops on my ATi Sapphire Radeon HD4870 1GB GDDR5 Toxic and after fiddling with the config file and set the fps cap to 250fps, I can get max at 120's, average of 60's-70's and minimum of 30's when the scene is heavy load, specially at the begining of the match. BTW I have V-Sync off because that would cap the game to 60fps. All this to support what bit-tech has said before: This game isn't gpu power hungry.

Are all the tests made with V-Sync off or on?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I play with every setting maxed out, so it translates to 1920x1080 AA and AF = max, V-Sync off, every other setting max.

I'm thinking removing the brass and ragdoll effect because sometimes in the killcam the bodies stretch and shrink like coils.

And supporting other reader, the above 60fps myth is just a myth. In Multiplayer every fps counts and using a cliché: "it's the difference between killing and being killed". The aim should be 100fps steady.

Last edited: 6 Dec 2010
  3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

People cant read anymore or are just plain stupid and want to say their thoughts no matter the article text. They just look 3 seconds at the graphs and explode in a fanboy rage if his/her card is not on top of the list or in the list.

What is wrong with you people....

Baz likes this.
  4. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

My point was that maybe it's not running as smooth on your system as it should be. Maybe it should be running even better than it is. Maybe these fps numbers are all coming up shorter than they would be otherwise. After all, it is a very old and simple engine and one would expect better numbers.

5. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

LOL!! I'm quite suprised bit-tech did this test. Isnt it quite obvious? Moreover, i think you should have mentioned that many PC gamers were facing stuttering issues due to poor CPU usage.

6. sentinelvdx

sentinelvdx What's a Dremel?

1- In your comparissons, in most of them the HD5970 is not appearing? Why? to defend your nVidia?
    2- I don't have that results with my HD5970, so a) inform on which hard you're using it and b) Don't lie to users.
    3- Old engine... you cannot compare cards with old engines.

(My Specs AMD PII X6 1090T, 8GB DDR3 (4x2GB) CAS7 Corsair Dominator Phenom Black Edition, HD5970 2GB OC, ASUS Cosshair IV Formula)

Min FPS 93 Min, 112 Avg, 145 Max

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

1 - 5970 is there all the time, under gtx460 in the last graph. ranked so low because it's ranked according to minimal FPS (the one that actually affects how smooth, playabe games feel)
    2 - you don't have that result because you are running different resolution or different benchmark run? (were you looking at the ground? in that case, shouldn't you get 999 FPS? )
    3 - many other benchmark sites are still using Modern Warfare 2 as benchmarks in the latest gtx570 tests, so why are you criticising Bit-tech on an article dedicated to this game? go read gtx570 review if you want to see a wider selection of games.

kids these days :wallbash:

8. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

and next week we'll discuss the best card to run solitaire !

Ljs likes this.
  9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Haha!

10. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

my 7200gt kicks!!

11. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Give this man a beer :clap:

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Not had any problems playing with all eycandy and 1680res on a AMD 955 and GTX460 with 8gb ram

Tags: Add Tags