1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What is the Best Gaming Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 8 Dec 2010.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Lizard already covered this on the first page. It's using the same URL so it has the same date and, it can be assumed, the same title for this reason.

It's likely put on the old article's place so people don't search "gaming keyboard" and get ten different articles which each have a chosen "best".

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I do not wish to buy a keyboard and then break it trying to mod it. I also do not own a soldering iron among the other things I would need to do this. So modding is really not an option.

3. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Ok well that makes a little more sense, but only once it's been explained.

4. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I don't get it, what are the attractive gaming-related parts of this keyboard? The only thing that is good that I can see is the backlit keys and they are ten-a-penny these days. What have I missed?

EDIT: I've re-read the review and something glared at me "The keys are a joy to use. They aren't particularly responsive, but they compensate for that with a rare smoothness that means you don't feel like your joints are being hammered."

Responsive keys would be nice considering your reviewing it as a gaming keyboard! Also what with the achey wrist mention and the above "joints being hammered" - maybe it's a keyboard aimed at Help The Aged?

Sorry! I think I love my Zboard too much to even contemplate another keyboard for my fingers to hammer. Especially one that doesn't jump out the page and grab my attention as a must have accessory - this appears average at best.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2010
  5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Given that Saitek, Cyborg gaming and Mad Catz are very much married, it's hardly REPLICATING to launch the same board under different brands...

And I disagree, I much prefer Logitech Illuminated K800. Yes, it costs three times more, but if the headline is "best gaming keyboard" then that's the answer. I don't play MMORPGs, and never will, either, so I don't need any of the macro malarkey.

You've probably missed the last five years of marketing, which has made absolutely everything "GAMING" this and that. Look at GAMING cases and you get the idea.

6. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Spot on, I love mine and wouldn't change it for the world

7. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

8. zelachang

zelachang What's a Dremel?

MX Browns are more my type, and some people prefer blues or clears. But yeah, best should be a mechanical of some sort,

9. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

I've used a Saitek Eclipse for somewhere around 6 years, lugging it to countless LAN parties. I only recently retired it because, well... it's kind of gross these days. Still works flawlessly, despite all the abuse.

10. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

Optimus Maximus. Mechanical keys, Cherry ML Black, screens on every key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shame about the price.

11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

12. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

They're still selling them (£1600 each). I might buy one if I can convince myself it'll save me 160 hours of my time in its lifetime.

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Sorry I still find it hard to come across a keyboard that beats out my G-15 (both versions)

14. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

ZBoard Merc. Can't go back to regular plain wasd keys after playing with this.

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Haven't used anything apart from Eclipse since they were released. Recently a hardware shop near me was getting rid of their back stock so I bought 3 to future proof myself. I have already worn through 3...

Great keyboard and deserved of the award.

16. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Still happy with my Sidewinder X4, although the macro keys are in an atrocious spot.

17. mikewd

mikewd What's a Dremel?

How about other factors?

I play some games where simultaneous key presses are required, which limits my choice of keyboard. eg. Try to press a, s and x at the same time and many will not register all three presses.

I never know what to search for to find this game, only a load of other people asking the same thing on forums, and most replies are of the type: "maybe you should learn to play the game instead of mashing keys", which doesn't really relate to the problem!

18. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I recently switched to (mechanical) Steelseries 6gv2 after using many different brands of "gaming" (membrane) keyboards over the years. I even used the Saitek Eclipse. Mechanical wins hands down IMHO. I plan on getting Razer Blackwidow Ultimate as soon ASAP....I need the backlighting for my man cave.

19. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Mechanical Cheesecake.

Browns user here.

20. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

There is a good reason for that, no KB has beaten it as a package, while some might have better keys, it is still the only KB with an LCD.

S*D

Tags: Add Tags