1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Sors salutis -by AnG3L(15 April 2011 - Video is UP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 10 Dec 2010.

1. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Yet another awesome project Alex :thumb:, and you've started it very quickly after your previous.

2. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

I can't believe It! Another one right after the previous. I loved Future Shlock, but not Ang3el.

This one is looking extremely promising, and I will follow. I'm not subscribing, because I will check in here everyday anyways.

Very very interesting and awesome design. Looks like everything you do is top notch. What should I say? I bet you will have a MOTY nomination for 3 years in a row!

3. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Another build by AnG3L already? You are making the rest of us look bad you know. I'll be among those checking on this one.

If it was me, I would use my scrollsaw to cut those pieces. The blades are so fine that you can cut plywood like that without splintering. They can be had pretty cheaply used around here via Craigslist (obviously don't know about there), and for just stuff like this, you don't need anything special. It would sure be easier than having to use a Dremel!

4. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

oops. posted twice by accident.

5. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks mate, welcome aboard!!!

Thanks bro, I worked hard on the designs so I came back quickly!! :)

Thanks Razer2007, stay tuned then for more updates one to follow tomorrow!! :)

Hey bro nice to have you here too! Yeah I am thinking to buy a scrollsaw 3 years now but my main problem is the space, it could make my life more easy but unfortunately I have no space at all so I went the hard dremel way! Its ok though cause I really enjoy modding even if I would prefer more tools :D :thumb:

6. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

When's the next update?

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

voigts you have me really tempted to get a scrollsaw especially after seeing what you could do with one & looking up the price on ebay :D brilliant tool, but like AnG3L nowhere to put new tools & a scrollsaw has pretty big dimensions lol, still not found a place for my latest & Cleveland AnG3L said about an update due in the post just above you lol :D, so I'd guess if all goes well later on mate :thumb:.

8. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Looking epic already......

9. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

yeah, another Ang3el mod... i'll be watching this one. and i'm intrigued already by the parts shown...

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Today mate!

He got me tempted too lol I was watching some videos on YT yesterday and I am about to buy one and also.... a new house ;PP Seriously I really need that but my SORS SALUTIS!!!! :)

Thanks bro!!! :)

Hey buddy thanks!!! Welcome too!!! :thumb:

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Can't wait, mate. :thumb:

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Hey there my friend once more!!! :) Tonight the work I did (when it wasnt raining!! )

13. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

I'm too busy to eat, but cannot miss this one, sub'd :thumb:

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Here is the update as I promised!
    Not much done due to bad weather but I worked in between the rain "sections" lol !!
    I will be quick so lets go!

First I did some work inside (my room is my workshop for the people they dont know me!)
    with the clear acrylic which I am going to use along with the red leds.
    I didnt like the edges of the acrylic after the laser cut cause they had a "wavy" texture so I choose to dull them and also the surface of them, to help the light "travel" lol ;)
    I went from 180 grit, to 300 and finally with 600 grit. The finish is almost perfect
    I took some super macro shots but you can barely see any lines from the sandpaper.
    I did 2 pieces, 2 more left for tomorrow!

Here is the original "after laser" wavy edge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after my work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also glued the radiator and motherboard holders by using acrylic cement glue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now lets talk about the side panels. First off all they wont be removable but they will open upwards and the left compartment will open downwards. I will mainly use wood like plywood, cylinder 1.2cm pieces and 1mm flexible one. You will see more in the progress so be patient and stay tuned.
    So I will use plywood to create 2 support pieces for each panel, that they will hold the cylinder pieces together and also they will be used as hinges.

First some drawings on the wood by using the main acrylic pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some pictures from the cutting progress step by step:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached the piece on the acrylic to "fine" it with the file and some sandpaper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I used the almost finished piece to draw the design on the plywood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I am about to start filing both pieces together but more in an upcoming update hopefully soon !

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading my update guys, unfortunately I couldnt work more due to the bad weather but I prefer to do a lot of things and then update again next time so please be patient!! :)

Peace!

15. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Looking good alex :thumb:, I'm very eager to see how all the parts will go together.

16. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks matey! :) Me too looking forward to the side panel assembly!

17. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

very nice work! hhmmm, interesting too, with the way you are using wood. I'm goin to PM.

18. ColdzeroTeam

ColdzeroTeam What's a Dremel?

looking great, cant wait to see more ;)

19. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

damn man! you are a modding machine! :jawdrop:

This project also looks great! Damn I wish I had your resources...

Ah well....watching your first not square build with fascination. :rock::clap:

20. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

What is this? I don't even :jawdrop:

I had to push myself back from my desk so I didn't destroy another keyboard by drooling into it. I can't even say to the wife I'm following another Ang3L mod or she'll be covering the desk in protective plastic wrap.

For real, mod on, and smoke on! (2 packs a day, here) And gratz on making the front page!

Tags: