1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Sors salutis -by AnG3L(15 April 2011 - Video is UP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 10 Dec 2010.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

After my failed "wood" experiments I told my self is the acrylic way now!
    So I draw the designs in Corel Draw and send them over to my friend Chris to cut them with the
    laser. While I was waiting I had to do some more work which proved fail again OMG!!
    First I drilled some holes to attach the screws later, on the tube holders.
    So far so good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I start sanding the pieces. I was just sanding that piece, I wasnt using any force then that happened!!! And its 5mm acrylic!

[​IMG]

Also one of the tube holders broke in half too, but I tried to be calm and move on with some more work!

I drilled the holes for the leds on the bezel and the clear acrylic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next day my pieces were ready even though I didnt expected them so soon as the laser machine had some serious problems but thanks God they managed to fix it and here is the "acrylic way"!!!

[​IMG]

I first filed and sanded each piece to get ready for the cement glue.

[​IMG]

Then I used some clamps to hold the pieces together and carefully I glued them.

[​IMG]

Here is the first piece finished and you might get an idea how is going to work as a side panel support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the pieces glued together. You might think "why the hell he didnt just cut 1 cm acrylic from the first place". The price of the 1 cm was 5 times more than the 5mm one so that way I saved my self 100 Euro. If I had the money though I wouldnt get in that trouble...

[​IMG]

I dulled the pieces too for further gluing and painting.

[​IMG]

Here I glued the 1mm acrylic on the supporter. As you will see in the photos there is a 5 mm space left to cover the sides of the front and back bezels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First 2 side panel supporters finished.

[​IMG]

More to follow guys, crazy designs, air ventilation in some original new ways etc!

Thanks for reading my worklog guys, till next time, peace! :)

Last edited: 18 Dec 2010
  2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:( Don't know what to say about the pattern snapping out :waah: :wallbash: but other than that, very nice progress mate :thumb:.

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

It was a mystery for me too bro, really really strange, I was just sanding the piece with no force and then suddenly it broke! Evil things lolz. Thanks mate! :)

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I would say use that acrylic cement but it might make the joint visible, why not get a small piece of scrap acrylic break it in half & see if you can make it look seamless with the cement with it being a solid white makes it seem possible compared to clear (best I can suggest).

5. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I'm still trying to get my head around what this is going to look like.

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Cause I became a perfectionist maniac I ordered the same piece again!
    I thought about fixing it too but then due to my experience, any solution at the end wouldnt be professional. Thanks for the tip matey! :)

LoLz this is the interesting part I always leave you with the curiosity! :D

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Oh the wallet curse of being a perfectionist lol :D.

I hope when I am confident enough with my designs I'll do this too, it really does make it more interesting to follow :thumb:.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Whatever this will look like in the end... it'll be awesome. :rock:

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I wish I was an expert in 3d moddeling in order to create my designs there, well at the moment I use pencil and Corel Draw which I managed to learn by myself in 2 months.
    My mind is the 3d program so far lol :p You dont have to be confident my friend, you already have the talent, just unleash it and set it free!!! :thumb:

Thanks brother! :) Hope so too! So far I love this project and I never felt like this for any of my mods ( i mean so intense! lolz) :D

10. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Arylic can be real hard to work with, I feel ya, just takes time n patience, which can run low at times!!! Why are you doing it out of Arylic?

11. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I am working with all the materials but is easier for me to find and work with acrylic, also if I want to paint it its cheaper and also I know how to make a very durable finish. :)

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I always love these acrylic builds and you're the God of acrylic!

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Oh noes! MORE crazy designs! Dremels! Modding! Shiny hardware and LEDs and stainless steel socket capscrews! Cats lying with dogs and apocalyptic cows! Rains of frogs and fishes! Beware the ides of March (what are ides, actually?)!

It's all happening here. Can AnG3L subdue the acrylic craziness? Can he bend the very fabric of the universe to his will and realise his creation? Can this mad scientist make his visions come true? To find out, tune in next time, same Forum, same thread! You know you want to...

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thank you my friend, well maybe I aint the God of acrylic but I love to create! :)

LoL that was the most trippy wow awesome epic comment eva! You got me tripping with this comment mate the only sure thing is that I will never manage to manifest this world into a mod! Thanks dawg! :thumb:

15. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

So blooming intricate man, but thats why your so dam good lol!! beautiful work as usual dude, keep it coming, your making it harder to invision what the final outcome will look like this time ...it's teasing me but I'm on the edge of my seat!! :hehe:

16. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Ya, I dont blame ya, Arylic is easy to work with, though, it is a pain to Tap! You should write a small post on paints n finishing Arylic, I would be interested!

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Finally I managed to tease 100% this time lolz I am glad you like my job my friend, thanks for your comment! :)

I have some videos in my YT chanell its chinoangel1 if you are interested, I might show some steps through this worklog so stay tuned buddy! :D

18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Thank you my friend, well maybe I aint the God of acrylic but I love to create! :)

Saying that is like taking the "lords" name in vein. You are an acrylic God, I will now melt you down and make waterblocks to feed my family. This is taking shape nicely!

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoL thanks mate! :)

20. Mach

Mach What's a Dremel?

Not sure where you're going but I'm enjoying the ride! :) Moar please!

Tags: