1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress BISMARCK Update 28/10/11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Kojak, 2 Jul 2010.

1. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Cheers pal, the fab work got messy but I think I saved it in the end lol! :D

2. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Lol!!! guys it's very simple, I ain't gonna move it!!! :lol: I've not been down the gym for three years ...I've got a good reason to get back down there now though lol!

Waynio likes this.
  3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Wahowzers brilliant stuff man, that rear grill is a beast :D, this is an awesome extreme case mod +rep :thumb:.
    Welding is a skill I'd love to learn, it looked dirty & nasty & then it looked awesome once you patched it up & smoothed it off :rock::thumb:.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I see, it's not to get fit, it's to round up a gang of big dudes to help shift it..yeah i like that way of thinking:D

5. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

lol!! Yeah something like that :D ...What about some pulleys and rope tied to a piano hanging from my window?!!!! :lol:

6. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Cheers pal!!! ...The grill is my favourite part, to me it gives me the impression if you were to poke your fingers in there you wouldn't get them back lol!!! :hehe:

7. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Mate this is epic.......... Great work

8. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Thankyou my friend, much appreciated! :thumb:

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I don't think its big enough....

:D

10. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Good tecniques , liking the progress , also your tatto at your rigth hand seems cool!

11. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

[​IMG]

I feel soo littl:p

Epic case ur gonna get when its finished!:D

12. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

That looks a "Transformer"... :lol:

13. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Lol! Sarcasm the highest form of wit :D Merry Christmas

Thankyou my friend and glad you like the tat lol! Merry Christmas

Thanks k.3nny and Merry Christmas, Oh and Marcos did I not tell you my friend it turns into a boat lol, Merry Christmas pal!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :)

14. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

January 13th 2011 work log, It's been painful!

Here's an update to show you guys what I've been up to over the Christmas holidays up till now. Basically it's been a case of two steps backwards and one step forward. It's been a very frustrating few weeks for me which has involved having to painstakingly strip all that had been painted and re paint because I changed my mind on wanting the matt black finish, doing all this, wait for it ...in my bathroom, yes that's right I turned my bathroom into a dam spray booth, It's a good job I haven't got a wife to answer to or I'd be dead meat! After speaking to Bulldogjeff telling him how I'd had a torrid time with plasti-kote he mentioned how he gets on really well with the Halfords paints so I went down an got all my bits n pieces to start the madness! The paint I've chosen is a BMW Sapphire metallic black which I plan to buff up and get as mirror like finish as possible. I had a silly idea to paint my fans red but this turned out to be a mistake as it made them look like a toy for a child and softened the appearance of Bismarck, so I've now painted them with the same black I'm using for the case. I've done a bit more construction work to the case too, ripped out the bulkhead and replaced it with my own which I've used aluminium chequer plate for. I still have a bit more painting left to do and once all the parts are done I'll leave them for a few weeks to allow the paint to harden before I buff 'em up and then its pretty much ready to be all bolted together.
    I've also been shopping at scan and bought one of the two asus gtx 580's that's to go in and 24gb of ram. An yes the 580 is in my current rig lol and it's bloody amazing, I've stepped up from a 9800gt and it's just blown me away on what I've been missing all this time! So here's a shed load of pic's to bring the log up to date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh no!! @!#@!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What can I expect when I'm wearing homer slippers lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided to cover over my welding with filler and also inside the add on peice I had to cover up all the re welding from before when I had to cut it off and re attach for the 5mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top corners are ok, no need for the filler, it was just where the repair work was at the bottom. You can see this on the previous update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan to use this image of the the Bismarck lettering from a photo I have of the ship to use as a template to spray over when I come to paint it on the side of the case. I reversed the image and the printed it onto the backing side of clear adheisive film so when you stick it down once I've cut it out the image is the correct way round.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new goodies, mmmm me hungry lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now, should have a couple of more updates over the next week. :thumb:

Last edited: 14 Jan 2011
    RonanH and KidMod-Southpaw like this.
  15. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Good progess up til now..

Only one Graphic card?

That Sr2 is hungry for more hhahaha:D

16. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

I didn't have enough money for the two lol! Soon my friend soon!

17. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Wow looking good man. Nice RAM, but one GPU on the SR2 is a bit empty :) But I understand, we all have limitations. I still have a 9800GT, soooo....

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

LOL awesome :D.

It was good enough coming from a 5870 to the gtx 580 so coming from a 9800 gt must have been absolutely awesome, great progress mate quite a few bits perfected there :thumb:.

19. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

20. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

It's painstaking and heart breaking to have to strip back paint, good to see that you've done it properly and've fixed it to how you like it, well done mate.