1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Cant see some partitions on old HDD

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by AcidJiles, 19 Dec 2010.

1. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

I have just got a new HDD and installed windows on it. When I reconnected my old hdd that used to have windows on it I can only see one of the 6 partitions. When I look in Disk management the other partitions are there for the old HDD and say healthy but dont have drive labels etc. Any ideas how to view them as they were fine as of yesterday?

Thanks

2. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Have found that both the boot sectors and mft are either damaged or bad. What is the best program for correcting this?

Thanks

3. Deders

Deders Modder

You should be able to re-activate them from the menu if you right clik on the disks in disk manager.

4. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

which action re-activates them as none of the options appear to do this?

5. Deders

Deders Modder

I don't think windows likes having 2 system partitions, your old windows partition and your new one will both be marked as system. Try right clicking on the area just to the left of where the partitions are displayed where it says Disk 1 or Disk 2 etc.

Last edited: 19 Dec 2010
  6. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

did you uninstall the old os or is it still on the old drive? if it is still on there backup all the data you need.(disconect the new drive and boot from the old drive) after the backup boot from the new drive and go to Disk management and colapse(delete) all the partitions on that old drive till you are left with i big unpartitioned space and then rebuild it to your needs.if you put the 6 partitions back your new drive will be the c drive and your old one d,e,f,g,h,ect ect. hope this helps