1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News COD: Black Ops map pack announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

watch as they laugh all they way to the bank when you pay £10 for PC map packs LOL FOOLS which 18 months ago on any PC game were free. dont buy it as it just encourages publishers to release games with about 4 maps on and then release more maps for more money !!!!!!!! its like buying a cake then releasing its only a slice and you want another slice well thats gunna cost ya

3. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

let the consumer rape begin anew... I was really hoping they'd off the DLC for less than MW:2's was to prove they have the customer as well as the bottom line in mind... guess not.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Hmm. For 1200 MSP do i buy a map pack with 4 maps, some lifted from the Singleplayer campaign, oor do i buy a full game like Monday Night Combat or Blacklight? Tough call innit!

Not to mention, Treyarch tend to release a LOT of map packs for their games, so if you want to keep playing with everyone you'll end up paying as much as the game originally cost.

5. Spiny

Spiny What's a Dremel?

6. msm722

msm722 What's a Dremel?

4 maps for £10? lol...

BFBC2 Vietnam cost that and it's got a lot more than just rehashed single player maps.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

not 18 months ago, 2 weeks ago with BFBC2 map pack 7 (?) where they added 4 completely new maps completely free. Heavy metal is just awesome.

Vietnam is much better value, im done with Black ops already, only going on there to get knife kills for podcast competition. and god knife kills are just too easy on CoD.

8. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Judging by the inexcusable state of the PC version is anyone really surprised by this? We were spoonfed a lot of crap in this games development and I hate to admit it but I was taken in by the pro PC anti IW talk that was coming from Treyarch. I bought the game day one and was met with the list of tech problems some of which still aren't fixed so if they want more money from me they must be mad.

No more Call of Duty for me on my PC and if I felt like spending 10 quid on a game I already own I'd go and get Bad Company 2 Vietnam for the same price and a hell of a lot more content,.

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

*shrugs* Wouldn't bother getting all worked up about the cost...

MIGHT look into buying it, after I check the maps out online mind.

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Played the new BC2 map Heavy Metal on the PC just last night, cracking fun!.... and it didn't cost me a single penny.

@ BRAWL..... it's not the cost that's the problem, the game has been out for like a month and they have the god damn cheek to charge for something that should been either free, or it should have been included in the game from the outset. It's not like they've spent the last month beavering away to get it released, they've just sat on it with the intention of charging for it.

I didn't buy BLOPS on PC cos it didn't look that great... reviews seemed so so, I liked MW2 but didn't buy the booster packs for that either. Didn't they charge an obscene amount for BLOPS anyway?

If anyone is dumb enough to get butt-f***ed for some extra maps then fine.....

STUPID IS WHAT STUPID DOES

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

a shame theres so many retards out there. :/

12. rothers

rothers What's a Dremel?

"The First Strike map pack will be available for download on Xbox Live on 1 February 2010," surely this is supposed to be 2011?

13. UK-Blade

UK-Blade What's a Dremel?

I so miss Unreal Tournament. Remember when you bought a game (which came with LOADS of great levels, plus the game worked!). It came with a level editor so thousands of levels got pumped out by the community (alright so lots were BAD, but even some of the very bad, were good ;) ) Every now and again the developer would release a map pack, which contained some of the best community maps and some of there own new maps and all they wanted was a 'Thank You' (and keep playing the game....)
    Then the XBox Live business model came along and F**ked it all up........

Might not be so bad if the BLOPS levels didn't suck (in my opinion, some of the worst MP maps I've ever had the displeasure of playing). Most of the bad community maps available for UT are better than these 'Professional' levels...

knuck likes this.
  14. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

they should make it free for all as compensation for the hassle of trying to play the game

15. iXROBiNzONXi

iXROBiNzONXi What's a Dremel?

PS3 gets it a MONTH later... What The ****!?

16. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I enjoy it quite a bit on the PC but I'm not buying map packs.....and this is why DLC is a bad idea. It fragments and destroys the player base between those who buy and those who do not. This kills the longevity of the game and future sales of the product.

17. bouncingjohn

bouncingjohn What's a Dremel?

It shouldn't really be necessary for me to point out to those complaining about paying for DLC on the PC version that the article makes no mention of that at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Treyarch do as they did with World at War, i.e. get someone to sponsor the DLC and give it away free on PC.

18. Matticus

Matticus ...

Play TF2... nuff said.

19. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

And thats why I didnt by Black Ops and never will.

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm really enjoying BLOPS MP, much prefer it over MW2; doubt I'll buy the map packs but at least the option is there.

Tags: Add Tags