1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Assassin's Creed B'Hood - Help!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 21 Dec 2010.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hi,

I got this the other day while I was supposed to be buying Xmas pressies! I am however having a bit of a problem which some of you may be able to help with.

Whilst walking around Rome, even though I seem to have unlocked areas on the map, it suddenly de-synchronises. Now, I guess it's because I am not allowed to travel to those areas yet? However is there a way of seeing on the map where I can go or not go in the current memory? It's very frustrating to try and get to a particular vendor without knowing if you are allowed to get there or not!

I am starting to remember why Assassin's Creed (the first one) nearly made me throw my controller into the next county!!

I am only a few percent into the game, so if there are any obvious hints or tips then I would be happy to hear them!

Thanks

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It shouldn't desynchronise you without giving you a warning. You can see the areas you're not meant to enter yet as they have a white matrixy style barrier. As soon as you enter them it warns you that you've entered an area you shouldn't have and that you'll desynchronise in so many seconds.

One thing that did annoy me in ac:bh though was I used a tunnel and ended up in an area I wasn't meant to enter so I didn't know until I took a step and desynchronized!

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hmm, no warning at all. It seems to have stopped doing it now though - maybe I was trying to explore too early.

Some of the missions are a bitch to get 100% synchronisation on! Is there any advantage to getting a 100% or is it just for achievements/trophies?

4. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not playing currently), but I don't think there is a trophy for 100% sync on the PS3 version, which surprised me. I kept going back and replaying missions for 100% overall sync and then discovered this, so no more!!

5. Hex

I haven't played the ps3 version, but even early on it should definitely warn you that you will desynchronize if you go into one of the unavailable areas.

There's no trophy for 100% but every time you 100% certain groups of memories you unlock little 'cheats' which can only be used within 100%'d memories, but some are pretty fun. The unicorn cheat amused me anyway :hehe:

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yeah - it did warn me in the beginning. I was frustrated because these areas were in parts of the map I had unlocked using the Viewpoints, so I would be walking around and suddenly WHAM de-synchronised. It doesn't seem so bad now that I have done a couple more of the story missions. I think I was just exploring too early!

I might go back and try and get the 100%. There is one where you are attacked by a group of Romulus followers and to get a 100% you have to kill them all without losing any health. I must have tried that about 20 times before giving up - I think my fingers are not nimble enough!

7. Hex

Haha yeah, that one was a pain. When I actually did it though it was over so quick! I still have most of the timed things left to 100%. I absolutely hate any timed parts of games. I completely lose any ability to play. I really hate the Virtual Trainer too. The controls seem completely b0rked on that for me :/

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

With you on the timed stuff - I end up leaping around like a kangaroo on speed! The pressure gets to me! I think I will play it through first and then see if I am going to go back and complete any particular bits to a 100%.

9. MastaK

MastaK What's a Dremel?

Okay, here is what I did to get 100% on that mission:

First of all before you go into that mission highlight the sword slot or a harder way is to not skip the cutscene and then once it's over, run around and select the sword slot then highlight the enemy as fast as you can then keep blocking and counter-attacking. It's hard to do but you'll have to be quick and precise, and once you see the guy either attacks through the air/ trying to stab you, counter-attack, and keep an eye out for the flickering white dots above the enemies and once you see it flicker, wait, and keep blocking, and as soon as he attacks, counter-attack.

This works best with a two-handed sword, well the one-handed sword is still good but a two-handed sword, let's just say because the block takes more time, you have a better chance of getting their attacks.

Hope this helps.

10. Hex

Yeah I had actually already got it 100% before I posted ;) Still good advice for anyone who hasn't got it yet.

I'm going to retry the VR training now that I have a new controller as since getting it I realise just how broken my old one was. because it's the one I got with my 360 I got used to playing with a broken one so now this new one works properly I'm having to adjust how I play a bit. Still, since getting it I've got a new high-score in ranked Wanted which was stun-tacular so I hope I should be able to do VR with ease now :)

11. matty-hodgson

matty-hodgson What's a Dremel?

There's a trophy on the PS3 called "Perfect Recall" which you get when you "Achieve 100% synchronization in any Sequence other than Sequence 1"

Once that trophy is unlocked there's no point in going for the 100% synchronization really, unless you want to challenge yourself to see if you can 100% them all :).

I got this trophy just from playing through the sequences as normal though so I wouldn't fret over it.

12. Hex

That may all change with the new DLC. There will be an achievement/trophy for 100% sync of the game (including DLC). There is no way I'm going to get it. Taking no damage in the tank is just arghhhhh!

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

nah, achievements from DLC are usually based on DLC content

14. Hex

Last edited: 4 Mar 2011
  15. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I did that bit first time :cooldude:

But then I spent at least half an hour running around in circles trying to find the actual shrine. I still haven't found it yet! :duh: