1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Has this Taiwanese pop star got an iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 23 Dec 2010.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Either that, or perhaps say, some 7" tablet displaying a image of the iPad menu...

3. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Too small of an image to see if it's really an iPad or just a knock-off. No in-use videos either. It would be pretty easy to get that menu to display on anything.

Maybe they'll just start releasing modular little touch-screen squares to build your own size. Snap a 4x2 together for an iPhone, 6x4 for a mini iPad, 8x6 for a full iPad, 12x16 for a Macbook. Feeling adventurous? Stack a line of 8 together for an iStick with an amazing 2560x320 resolution.

Elton likes this.
  4. Shichibukai

Shichibukai Resident Nitpicker

Most likely a knock-off, I'd rather it be a knock off that having to watch new commercials on TV for itampons of different sizes >.>

5. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

If it doesn't have a facetime camera, then it is definitely fake, but the image is too small to get a good look, and I'm too busy / lazy to enlarge it!

If I were being cynical, he may have given an engineering sample, never destined for release, just to drum up hysteria for the actual launch of the iPad 2 "revolution".

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

As long as the price is keen. The only issue with the current iPad is price. £429 for the base model is just way too much. It should have been £299 imo - still dear for what you get, but a fair bit more affordable and would have been a more attractive prospect for those initially looking at netbooks just to have a 'smaller laptop'.

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Whatever St. Steve of the Holy Apple speaketh shall be the truth!

If that means that 7" tablets are suddenly all the rage in a couple of months because the new iPad uses that screen size you just have to live with it. Until then they're utterly useless. So sayeth the gospel of St. Steve.

Last edited: 23 Dec 2010
  8. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I think its fake, even though it appears to have ios running on it, if you look closely you can see 5 icons across the bottom of the screen when ios only has 4. I think the current iPad has a perfect sized screen and I hope iPad two sticks with it.

9. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Do you mean St. Steve?

10. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Hmm... good spot. He also has some weird iOS mockups on his site - http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/5fe0e4fbjw6dcmmnmglf4j.jpg

Maybe a fanboy 'shopper?

11. tom_hargreaves

tom_hargreaves Comfy shoe wearer

It only has 4 out the box, you can add up to 6 if you wish.

12. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Runs away to try it and yes you are correct :)

13. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

A smaller Ipad, so an iphone?!

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

my first thought was 'shop

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

He's from Taiwan, why would there even be a chance of this thing being legit.

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Doh! Indeed I did. Shame on me for not paying attention. :p

17. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Apple is pretty good at playing this game of spreading rumors themselves to hype their new toys, and I can't even blame them, but have to applaud to their marketing-people for being that good actually.

That aside, Apple will release a piece of hardware people are interested in.
    With lot's of 7"-tablets announced by other companies it would make kind of sense for Apple to release a piece of that size themselves. The Samsumg Galaxy Tab is well received by lots of people and why should Apple leave this market to their competitors?

Look at the many different iPod-versions available. It wouldn't surprise me to see a iPad-mini at all, but a single bad and tiny picture isn't proof for it's existence.

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Don't know what you're talking about because there is no freakin picture visible. Just a blank window.

iPad mini? The iPad is small enough already. Don't want a feckin mini version of it. A mini iPad is an iPod/iPhone! Duh!

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

We're talking about this image...

[​IMG]

You know, the one that's shown in the article this discussion is related to ;)

20. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Is it a mini iPad? No.
    Is it a desperate attempt to get a little known foreign actor some publicity? Absolutely.

That is all.

:)

Tags: Add Tags