1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft issues Internet Explorer zero-day warning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 23 Dec 2010.

1. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

internet explorer isn't a bad choice, unless your still using 6, it's about personal preference, firefox is no more secure in its vanilla state. all the browsers have their own security issues. if you have a fully patched up pc and fully up to date malware protection, you limit your risk.

it's also about safe browsing habits, be aware of the websites your visiting.

2. raybies

raybies What's a Dremel?

IE 1-9 are a PoS
    FF 3-3.6 are a PoS
    Chrome is a little behind the Chromium curve.

Why oh why do companies force us to use PoS? Garmin being one that makes you use an IE plugin to update your device.
    Citibank being another that forces people to use IE + Acrobat if you want to download a statement double PoS, WTF!

3. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

EXTERMINATE.....EXTERMINATE......

4. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Personally I use FF over IE because I think it's less cluttered, FF used tabs before and I like the add ons. I just don't get on with IE, safety doesn't factor in to it with me.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

It is somewhat only because fewer people use it and therefore fewer black hats look for holes in it. Also, It's open source, so lots of people are looking at the code. i recall an incident a couple of years ago where a serious security problem was found in FF and the fix was out within 9 hours.

This.

I don't run any AV and I know a lot of people on here don't either.

It's been shown that it doesn't matter what browser you use or what AV you have, it all comes down to browsing habits.

Tags: Add Tags