1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

He got Titan Quest Gold, which is TQ plus Immortal Throne.

A few tips: Set steam to not keep the game up to date automatically and install the Fanmade Bugfix patch 1.17 which fixes many problems the devs weren't able to fix properly before the studio has been closed down.

Also, if you're feeling a little adventurous install the Uber Modwhich increases the number of spawned monsters to maximum, all bosses spawn in groups of 6 and death penalty is all experience gained so far that level. On Normal the mobs are as strong as on Epic, on Epic as strong as on Legendary, and on Legendary twice as strong.
    Really difficult and challenging yet really fun to play.

2. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Yep, that worked... added.

I have a similar weakness for games under £2... bought Swords and Soldiers and a Steam version of the awesome Sid Meier's Pirates.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

When I go to the GTA IV complete page (while logged in) it says I already own it, but I only bought IV vanilla at the time. Have the episodes been added or is Steam being silly?

Also, Singularity any good? Reviews are leaving me indecisive...

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

newest offers are bit rubbish tbh.

GTA complete is a pretty good price (if i didn't already own it) nothing else is tempting in the least though

5. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

Shame, nothing interesting today.

6. markbrett64

Oh dear... another day of the sale when I get to use the word 'meh'...

Have been contemplating getting the Rockstar pack... it's the only one worth me buying as I own about half of all the others... but no GTAs etc... worth getting? Tempted to get today's GTA to see if I like 'em.

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

OMG Steam, you *******! I come home to find Transformers AND NFS:HP on sale? MY WALLET BLEEDS ALREADY! Give me a break!

8. Canon

Canon Reformed

Just bought GTA IV complete collection because well....I still havn't played it, even once. Wouldn't pay for singularity any game that features red dot sights mounted on guns THE WRONG WAY ROUND cleary shows it was developed by a bunch of **** picking monkeys.

Pic: (makes me feel ill just looking at it)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Dec 2010
  9. October

October Mariachi Style

The Rockstar pack's totally worth it - Max Payne, and GTA are amazing games. I think Bully and EfLC are the only ones I don't yet own.

10. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

I wouldn't bother with Transformers, the campaign is short and the gameplay is mediocre. Maybe if it was a fiver, but not for £10.

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Just had a look on the Steam forums. Seems the transformers multiplayer is full of hackers too. Oh well. NFS only then.

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Are Steam ever going to put RUSE at a decent discount?
    It's much cheaper through retail again!

Currently £9.98 for RUSE via Amazon UK

Might get GTA 4 complete, I already own the original but that price is worth the expansions.
    Edit: Maybe Hegemony for some cheap strategy entertainment as well.

13. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Could one of oyr american members post the price of nwn2 in the states? Its my birthday on sunday so hopeing theirs a recap sale and i can pick it up,

Todays sale seems abit meh except for oblivion tho ive already got it on the xbox so duno if its worth it

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

WTF I bought GTA IV and it appeared in my library I tried to install it and got an error message telling my transaction wasn't complete now I can't purchase it again because it's sitting in my library......ffs

15. markbrett64

R.U.S.E. is a Steamworks activation, so you may as well buy it for the lowest price you can find.

16. suenstar

If you're into using game mods then I'd say go for the PC Oblivion, especially if you plan on installing the Nehrim full game conversion.
    If you don't tend to mod games with UI/Story/Graphics tweaks then there isn't much point to getting another copy of the game.

17. markbrett64

You might just need to wait a little while due to the amount of traffic on Steam right now...

18. suenstar

19. Sutters

Sutters Silent lurker!

Same as me... let me know if you figure it out?
    I'm guessing the episodes aren't there and it's just a glitch. :eyebrow:

20. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Bah! Nothing for me today. Wanted Singularity but not at 15€. Daylight robbery that is.

And speaking of daylight robbery. What's this crap about offering the "full" GTA IV (including "Episodes from Liberty City") at 8.75€, yet if we already own GTA IV (which a lot of us probably do because it's been on sale a number of times) and only want "Episodes" we're expected to bleed 20€? Hellooooo...

EDIT: Hmm... Odd... When I'm logged in to STEAM and browse to the GTA IV Complete page it says I already own it. Yet when I browse to the "Episodes" I'm allowed to buy it? What's going on here?

EDIT 2: Just noticed that October noticed the same thing in regard to GTA IV. :)

I know he got Titan Quest Gold, but you can play each game separately, so he just might have started with the regular TQ thinking to tackle TQ:IT next when you can play the entire game from within TQ:IT. :)

Last edited: 30 Dec 2010