1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other LEGO®

Discussion in 'General' started by M7ck, 30 Dec 2010.

1. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I've got a pretty unhealthy addiction to Star Wars Lego, although I have cut back recently.

These are some very random pictures, some old, some taken on my phone and one in the snow, so sorry for the crappy quality.

There's a lot more of it, mostly in storage at the moment. I need to sort through it all, but not really go the time :sigh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cerberus90 and Throbbi like this.
  2. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

WTF!!!!?

3. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

LOL Darv the force is strong with you eh? :p

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Lego Hoth Battle is win. That is all.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

@darv you even did a full scale model of yoda

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

:clap:

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

That super star destroyed is beautiful

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Ooh, Jabba's barge. And with Slave Leia! I sense a trip to the Lego store in my future. I'll have to decide whether or not to get that or the Slave I I've been eying every time I walk in the store.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

They would make a killing if there was a better system for the build your own section. A batch of professionally done models in the database could cripple my wallet.

For example: If the Lego aircraft carrier was available, how many people would buy it?

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I think the problem is the relationship between the designer and the purchaser. Obviously, through Lego Factory, you can select the right parts for a custom build, and even design a box, but there's other pieces missing from that puzzle. For example, few of the world's MOC-creators have the time to write out Lego-styled instructions for their builds; that's especially true of huge builds like that aircraft carrier. There's other problems regarding the quality of submitted instructions; let's say that a builder submits the plans for the aircraft carrier, which are taken up into some Lego-approved database and matched to a parts list on Lego Factory, so you can pay for the instructions and the parts. The first problem is - who will affirm that the instructions work? That they meet Lego standards of playing-without-falling-apart? That it's not instructions for a Lego concentration camp or other unapproved design? Lego could themselves, but that would involve building (by following the instructions) every design submitted, which is a bit taxing to say the least.

Really what we need is an eBay-style site, where designs can be submitted for sale, accompanied by box-art-style illustrations for customers to peruse. If they like what they see, they can have a look at reviews of the build, or of the designer's other works, submitted by other users, to see if the build works, the instructions were clear etc. Then, they can purchase the instructions and get a precompiled partslist to submit to Lego Factory. That way, Lego doesn't have to shoulder the burden of quality control, builders making SHIPs can save money by working out what parts they already own, and designs get peer-reviewed. I know where I'd start...

Yes, I know, I should be building, not writing, but this is much cheaper... :sigh:

11. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

I've got my own collection of Star Wars Lego too but that Hoth battle is so cool!

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just picked up a Midi-Scale Star Destroyer (8099) for £20. Building as I type...

13. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Bargain! Where from, quite tempted by one of them :thumb:

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Tesco. Got the bottom half done already.

[​IMG]

Completed

[​IMG]

The model looks nice, however because the wings are clipped on to the middle section they don't seem to align 100% correctly at the front and there is some flex to the model.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2011
  15. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

This thread is making me want to spend too much money. I *really* want a collectors edition y-wing now...

16. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I haven't touched lego in years, but when I was a kid I entered a contest and won 2nd prize for my collection of custom made space ships.

Wish I had pics, but the collection (whats left of it) is a long way from here...

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Jaysus! Isn't that the most expensive Lego model ever released? Damn cool!

I bought myself the 8043 Lego Technic Excavator last week and assembled it on Saturday (pic not mine):

[​IMG]

It's the first time I bought some Lego for about 3-4 years. My last purchase before the excavator was the Lego Technic Enzo which turned out to be a disappointment; before that, I can't remember the last time I got Lego.

I've got to say, I'm very impressed! It's the kind of Lego kit I dreamed of as a child: completely self contained (no trailing power leads) and fully remote controlled.

18. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Nope, it's RRP was £250 (athough I did manage to get it for £215 I think). There's a few more expensive than that, like the system scale star destroyer, the new UCS shuttle and the UCS death star was the same price. It was the first huge one though.

My UCS Millienium Falcon was the most expensive model ever I think at £350, for 5000+ peices. It's not quite as long or tall as the Star Destoryer, but it's built like a tank, whereas the SD is really pretty flimsy.

The Taj Mahal model had more peices but was quite a bit cheaper.

It's a damn expensive hobby, I've limited myself to only OT sets (for the most part). I would love to get some of the architecture sets, but my fiance would probably kill me.

My full collection is on BrickSet. Stats wise it's ~26,000 peices and a retail price of well over £2,000 :worried:

19. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

:( I just saw that the Sail Barge is no longer being sold, and is now rare. Well, there's another thing on the "After I Win the Lottery" list.

20. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Try using Bricklink you can get some good stuff there.