1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL You know you've been on Bit-tech too long when...

Discussion in 'General' started by specofdust, 6 Jan 2011.

1. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I hope I get a 10 year service medal next year! :D

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That wasn't all that long ago, if you go back about a year and a half (or to whenever the CPC forum merged with bit-tech), I had barely any rep at that point.

Ohhhhh I remember that.... Langer.... :eyebrow:

3. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Pretty much all the people that made this place have gone, apart from a few lurkers. I remember the day Kna posted a front page notice because he was so chuffed the forums had grown to 1000 members!

Koolvin, Linear, Moose, mrhaz, biggz, Macroman, Dougie, RTT (he's still about though :) ) - few of the proper old school names I remember

i remember the day Haz posted a picture of a rather ominous looking heatsink with a green fan on it, which was revealed the next day to be the Barton core socket A procs which OC'd like buggary :) (well compared to my palamino hand warmer at the time)

Oh, and Piloux's black mesa, still my fave project log/mod after all this time

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Jan 2011
  4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You know you've been on bit tech for too long when people bitch because you changed your name :hehe:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Sadly, no. Somewhere along the line they quit admitting new mods and I was denied. Perhaps some day.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Dammit, I've forgotten what yours was now. Time was, I'd see "knuck" and mentally substitute. It was your actual surname, or something, wasn't it? That's why you changed it, you wussed out :p

edit - I'll be the first to admit that I genuinely miss CK. He was batshit insane and any thread with him involved was guaranteed to have 100% more sexism, racism and endorsement of misuse of alcohol. I loved it :)

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yup, exactly. Name used to be Ghys ;)

:hehe: The guy is just overenthusiastic at everything he says

8. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

That and he was about as predictable as a flea on amphetamines :lol:

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

My ability to see humor in stupidity is seriously lacking. Probably why I couldn't stand CK

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I found him annoying as well but he was harmless

11. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Ohhh I would like one of those as well!

12. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

I've been lurking off and on since mid 2001 I believe, should have joined way back then and I could be one of the old school guys too.

I remember a lot of the stuff that's been talked about on here, though unfortunately I missed the days of Relix and only came back in on the tail end when everybody was starting to sport him in some form as an avatar lol.

Twas searching for modding sites that brought me here, I remember twistedforums, HardOCP, looking through the mod supplies at frozencpu... Lurked at em all, stuck around here... And it only took me 10 years to join. So maybe I procrastinate a little lol.

13. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i only joined about two years ago, but i've been lurking for another two years or so. i do remember most of the things talked about here. i have never known relix as an active poster, but i was once on a party he attended too... didn't see him, little did i know...

and ghys/knuck, why did you change your name? it used to be a reference, like nexxo or bindi or mankz or jhanlon or so many others. i didn't catch you changing your name...?

14. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Man I remember when I joined, I was actually googling for local mountain biking trails and a thread here came up! I came for the discussions and stayed for the mods. And the discussions. Always loved this place, despite the fact I don't post enough :/

Still nice to see that despite the various new owners the community lives on in the same (mostly) friendly manner and even grows :)

15. dactone

dactone dact-one

You know you've been on bit tech for too long when........

oh, i dont actually have a right to post ..

(hangs head in shame only 39 post)

16. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Came for the mods, got addicted to cheesecake.........

17. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I don't really remember how I came about this site, was a while ago now. Maybe there should be a senior Bit-Techer status?

18. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

When you google any of my projects in image search and the images are first page!

Oooh just went over 5 years membership too!

19. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I remember Koolvin...

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I joined back in 2006 when i was supposedly learning something to do with Novell Netware, or Linux Server. Used to read the main site and reviews a lot, but rarely read those now since Dennis took over.
    Still, the forums remain as daft and amusing as ever, so i keep returning, even when i go away on holiday.

Sam