1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other So I like this girl...(No more whining, Progress made!)

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 11 Jan 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I agree with warren, the is an awesome line :p

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

There is one particular line tha I haven't had the guts to pull off yet (mainly because it's rather insulting to anyone in this aprt of the world):
    *tap on shoulder* - "Sorry..."
    When she turns and smiles you say "Ahhh damnit... you have all your teeth."

You might as well call her druggy-trailer-trash-lovegap-woman-of-the-horizontal-profession

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Seeing that it's a computer modding forum, it's a bit of an expected problem to be addressed imo.

If a guy has been getting along with a girl, not just serious talk but also joking & flirting of course, then this line would definitely work! Hell just about any line would work, such as "Come over and have pizza with me or i'll kill your puppy"

Interesting line BentAnat... but I think that could work, depending on your follow up, and how cool or drunk the girl is :hehe:

But you can't just walk to a girl and expect some dumb line to win her over, much easier and more natural to romance/charm/sweet talk/joke/flirt with her a little, work your way up. Guys have mentioned not waiting/stalling - waiting is not working your way up, but letting any romance/spark/excitement fizzle out/drift away.

So DeadP1xels, you gonna strike while the iron's hot, or is it gonna take another 10 pages of us egging you on before you man up?

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Its just you

I was under the impression bit-tech was partly self help aswell as discussions? so asking for help on why you can't overclock your graphics card or something along those lines in hardware forum is fine right?

Whats wrong with this? I was under the impression this was general discussion forum and i can't see why this can't be classed as general discussion

If you're not aware theres a nice arrow next to the forum title and SHAZZAM! all the whiney people of this world will go away and you can go back to flexing your muscles and having the girls drop to there knees

Kay? k

5. DeadP1xels

*writes down*

Something makes me think that would actually work on someone :D

6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Glad to be of service.

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Pick somewhere quiet where you'll be able to talk and have fun (eg taking her to the movies probably isn't a first date, but sure, a second) and ask her out.

If you both have a good time ask her if she wants to see a film next week - go armed with an idea of something you think you'd both like to see, pref a comedy - and get a drink after it. Ask for her number so you can ring to pick her up (if you drive?) and confirm the details! ((Impromptu film review: Love and Other Drugs is a great film that's out at the moment, however Anne Hathway gets her wabs out more than once and it might give the wrong impression!!!))

Make sure to end the second date (and even the first if it goes well) with a sign of affection so she knows you're interested, go for a kiss of the cheek at least, you'll know what's best.

Finally, the single best thing I learned about dating while growing up: even a rejection gives you confidence, because once you've asked a girl out a few times it becomes easier.

8. mvagusta

Go get em DeadP1xels :rock:

Keep positive, cool, confident, like james bond, ironman, etc ;)

Like for example, you gave a whiny/defensive/insecure response to Unicorn, where a positive/confident one would be something like "That's what makes bit tech great" or "Fine by me" or "What's the matter? Jealous you didn't have this when you were young and full of cum?"

Nothing wrong with movies on the first date, as long as you get some time together first, such as at a cafe or even just picking her up and taking her to the movies. The bad thing about movies on a first date for me, and most people afaik, was that I didn't get to watch half the movie, but I paid full price :miffed:

Last edited: 11 Jan 2011
    RinSewand likes this.
  9. DeadP1xels

:eeek: ok i'll give you that one after all i write these threads i should know im a whining **** bag

mvagusta likes this.
  10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Wow, chill out bro... I was just making a friendly observation. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with these threads popping up, it just seems to me that there's been an abundance of this sort of discussion in GD/Serious these past few months.

Knock yourselves out, seriously... my only advice to anyone on this matter is going to be the same advice that Mankz provided earlier in this thread:

11. DeadP1xels

Yeh that was quite the overreaction my bad :thumb:

I do need to before we hit friendsville thing is i have very little dignity anyway but i still hate making myself look a tit

If i new she did'nt have a boyfriend then the making myself look a tit would go down alot

12. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Sorry but I've got to say something, joking apart have you lot forgotten he thinks he's got 3 problems:

1) Has she got a boyfriend?
    2) Would she be interested in him? (bearing in mind 2 could well negate 1 anyway!)
    3) How does he find out?

And that's before he's asked her out

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's potentially perfectly simple but you're making it way too complicated :wallbash:

Now start again ... :hehe:

Last edited: 11 Jan 2011
  13. mvagusta

What's the difference DeadP1xels?

No I don't want to go out with you, as I have a boyfriend.

No I don't want to go out with you, as I'd rather hang out with the girls.

I'd be like "Fair enough, that sounds like much more fun than hanging out with me" in a neutral/relaxed tone, and casually continue talking or working, whatever. If she seriously doesn't want to go out with you, then it's all good, no need to waste any more time chasing someone who isn't interested.

The kicker is, even if the above scenario occured, not chasing her at all, but casually charming other girls, would only make you more attractive to her :lol:

14. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Seriously, a lot of good advice. More than anything, it's about confidence. I've seen some really stupid lines work. One was from a guy I used to skate with. We were skating around a college campus and this smoking hot girl walks by... He just rolls up along side her and puts on this over-the-top southern/redneck accent and says "Hey, yer purty. what's yer name?" ******* got her number with that and a date the next night.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Both feet. And if she says no, she says no.

Its not the end of the world, its not as if this is a matter of life and death. If people would realise that the forums wouldn't become swamped with these types of thread.

Unicorn likes this.
  16. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but for god sake, just ask her out for a drink! Man up!

Absolute worse case scenario is she will say no, and it will be SLIGHTLY awkward at work for a few weeks until you both forget about it.

The alternative is all this pent up teenage angst and frustration.

Ask her.

/thread.

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Slowly beginning to get this.

Spent a LONG time being 'the nice guy' with a girl who clearly friendzoned me because I was too dense to put 2 and 2 together to make four.

I spend a month away from LA, make sure I spend time with loads of different people (mostly girls) and she suddenly wishes I "spent more time with her".

That said, I am not a guy that asks a girl out unless I've known her for a while. This is a losing game most of the time but when it works out, it's spectacular.

18. DeadP1xels

Ok i have no balls im a big whiney girl and so on

POINT!

How the **** do i find out if she has a boyfriend? I know you're all saying "ask her out" but frankly i don't like feeling like a dumbass and this is the easiest way to make it

If she does'nt then fine i'll just ask her nothing to lose

19. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Quick and easy way that I have discovered. Even if the girl doesn't know that you like her and she doesn't know much about you. Also, this way does not make it seem as if you have a huge interest in her in case she has a bf.

1. find out what kind of movies she likes or the genre at least
    2. Find out what kind of candy or snack she likes.
    3. NONCHALANTLY ask her if she would like to go see a movie that you know she would like. (e.g. Hey, I was planning on going and seeing <insert movie title> this weekend and would like to know if you would want to come along?)
    4. If she agrees when you two meet up at the movies, bring a snack that happens to be her favorite or when you buy some from the concessions make sure that you know it is something that she would like as well.
    5. You have now gotten past the hard part and the rest is a lot easier :)

20. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

"Hey, you wanna grab a coffee after work?"

"Sure"
    OR
    "No, *reason here*"

"Cool"

Everyone always worries about what happens if they say no. Either way, your answer is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.