1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've got just enough money to buy the Formula car now, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money on one car, :D

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

You should it's an investment, I'm sat here with 20 mil now which is max, got everything car I want too, game seems pretty much complete to me now :S

3. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

It's definitely worth it. Even if it's just to guarantee your B-Spec driver can win some races. Plus there is the Formula Championship.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

we talking official ferrari or formula gran turismo?

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

gran turismo

6. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

Yeah gran turismo, but I'm over half way to the Ferrari :D

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Yes, from what I've heard rubber banding is alive and well in gt5

8. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I haven't seen any restrictions in endurance races.

9. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

What about the 4 hour roadster endurance that only allows mx-5s and sports tyres?

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im still at rank 27, cant wait to hit 30 and suzuka in super GT's

11. rollo

rollo Modder

formula championship series is best ingame event and easily hardest to beat. They just drive away from you on some tracks and you gotta accept the chances of you golding every event are slim.

think i won 4 of the 6 after about 10 attempts ( dont use any traction control anti skid or out tires are set to real so rain is fun its a fast as feck pain in the arse car to drive, did mess around with all mods on what a joke you can bash it into any bend and it holds the road )

the endurance racers that you can use any car are a joke just time consuming. 24hr lemans and 24hr ring ill never do most likely unless I leave the console on for 5 days.

even those with specific requirements you can overtune.

veron is just a sucky car that might be fast but it turns like a cruise ship ( aka not very well ) get the mazda furi does 200+ and is a dream to drive.

veron is the new suziki pine peaks car does 250 + mph and doesnt turn and gets owned by any car that can. Veron needs at least 3 long straights to be competitive

the Gt car by Citroen is a decent car though for handling it or furi is best of the normal cars.

as for the x1 not a difficult event to do and the car you win is fun to drive but id rather have normal racers against others than over tuned racers with that car. There is little fun to be had when everyone has a car that doesn't really need to break

12. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

I HAVE BLOCKED THAT OUT FROM MY MEMORY :wallbash: I painted a miata pink for that event. The tires were unrestricted though.

Also, the weather on the Suzuka 1000 km is variable.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

YES! CAN NOT WAIT! :D :rock:

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

A Chapparel 2J on the Historic b-spec gave me a first place on the first two races, silver on the third and bronze on the last two races. Still, ended up second overall so not totally unhappy. Rewarded with a pretty crappy car though :(

Bob just wouldn't overtake the BMW V12 on the last three races; by crikey that thing's quick. The second race was pure luck as a back marker meant I could slip in and overtake. The first race my driver absolutely blitzed it. So I've no idea why the remaining four races were so difficult for him. He was in a 'down' mood though.

Also did the GT Allstars with the 2J and gold-trophied both of those, which meant I'd finally completed the expert series. Then I tried Like The Wind and was getting owned so packed it in for the evening. Could do with a BMW V12 or a Nissan R89/R92 I think. I've already managed the Shwarzvauld (sp?) in extreme with an Audi R8, that was incredibly easy.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2011
  15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I b-spec'd "like the wind" in a maxda 787b, bob took the datona ring on the last corner, cant remember the last time when ive been that excited watching someone else race.

as for the all stars and classic series, ive yet to get bob to do the all stars championship and im going to try the classic in a toyota 7, depending on how I find it will depend on if i let bob go at it with it.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think I got my Bob to do like the wind in the Zonda R.
    Or might have been the minolta toyota.

17. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Schwarzwald. Schwarz (black) wald (forest). Simples.

Btw I hit lvl 24 last night. Just 100k more xp and I'm doing endurance races :thumb:

18. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

3 endurance races in now :) like the wind is best taken with the f1 car. It's incredibly.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

fs i want single make races and i want to work for my win, im getting bored just relying on using more powerfull motors to win :(

20. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

Try the formula 1 championship then. That's hard.