1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other So I like this girl...(No more whining, Progress made!)

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 11 Jan 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Nonsense.

If they're single you have to be the nicest guy in the whole world, which is hard. If they have a boyfriend you just have to be nicer than some random guy. And that's easy.

The notion that you're stealing is absurd. Surely she's capable if understanding the situation and making up her own mind. She's upgrading, you can't steal someone who has free will. Unless you either kidnap them or they really aren't compos mentis, either way you're doing something wrong.

Caveats: Don't steal from anyone you've ever met, and don't be surprised if she leaves you for an upgrade down the line. She's already done it at least once.

2. ninety2wo

ninety2wo What's a Dremel?

Ask her out for coffee :)

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

This post is Truth.

4. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Truth forgot to mention that anyone messing with someone who they know is in a relationship, is asking to get his or her butt kicked.

/waits for trollish "but can you prove what they knew and what their intentions were?"

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Truth forgot that indeed. Actually if you care about the person at all (this would be the going from a friend -> girlfriend scenario as opposed to the just met scenario) then messing with their current relationship would be contradictory to their overall happiness, which would be.... well, bad.

Just sayin'. Sometimes if they're spoken for, that's just the way it is and you have to accept it and be the most patient (and hopeful) guy in the world, or just move on. Sometimes it's hard to move on, sometimes it's impossible. If that's you then you have my sympathy.

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I was hoping this thread would have died by now :hehe:

But i agree with this 100% besides if a girl was that easy to "steal" as someone put it :eyebrow: then what makes it different for you?

I would be very wary going into a relationship with a girl who left there boyfriend for you... don't get me wrong there could be a general unhappiness and she realizes she likes someone else but i still would not feel very confident, If they find it so easy to leave one guy whats stopping them doing it again.

7. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Granted, it's a dick move to steal a girl from another man, whether you know him or not, and then there's the possibility that history may repeat itself.

But sometimes the best relationships come from one (or both) parties leaving a not-so-good one. I know someone who "stole" a girl off another man and while they're no longer together, it was great while it lasted (AFAIK) and they parted on very friendly terms. My roommate left a relationship that he was unhappy in to be with his present girlfriend and I think they're perfect for each other.

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

agreed. :)

Here is my take on this whole thinger (you may agree or disagree)

I met and am dating my girlfriend because I took my time and made sure she was right for me. I wasn't looking for someone to 'date'. I was looking for a long lasting relationship and so was she.

If that is what you are looking for and the other person is looking for that as well, don't rush things and don't worry about it and it will work out.

If you just want to be dating someone and if it lasts long it's a plus, just ask her out the next chance you get and be done with it.

Quit worrying about pick up lines and trying to be someone you're not. Be yourself. Being someone else may work for a short while but it will catch up to you eventually. Be confident in yourself and if she is interested in you it will work.

I may not have dated lots of girls and been in lots of relationships, but I have become very good at analyzing situations and I have seen what works and what doesn't. It all depends on what you really want.

I give the above advice with a money back guarantee*
    :)

money back guarantee ends as soon as you close this window

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Strategies for dating other people is total bollocks.

Be natural and don't play-act. If the person likes you, then he/she won't mind having dinner with you or going for a drink to begin with.

Just ask nicely, like you would ask a person you like for anything else.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

You know that's not happening until we get feedback... :p

mvagusta likes this.
  11. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

fixed that for you there.

Seriously though, if I tried to get the girl I'm a dick to instead of the girl I'm nice to, I would have a girl right now.

mvagusta likes this.
  12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Don't worry about it, you're learning, and it's never too late to have some fun being a little bit of a dick :D Got nothing to lose hey!

Don't forget you're a bit tech member, so you're entitled to pester us to interpret every little thing she does, learn pick-up and conversation techniques, and lines to use in landing this girl! To top it all off, you could even then go and tell everyone how you landed her solely by taking your time using your uber analytical skils, as a joke or whatever.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2011
  13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

^^ The sooner the nice people realise this the better.

You might feel bad about doing it, but in order unfortunately nice guys get friend zoned. Because thats what you want as a friend.

14. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Honestly, the asshole thing has never worked for me. Then again, I'm not that 'nice' anyway I guess.

In my original post I meant 'nicest' as in 'most attractive'. Be that looks, money, social status, humour, whatever she's into.

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Nice guys always get sidelined... it's basically why my now ex-friend is going to get a fist rammed down his throat tommorow.

You have to act a total douche sometimes against the guy, but the lass but never see it as a vengence thing or a fight for her, it must be a "defending her from an evil" thing.

16. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah if she flirts, probably into you.. you sound like you have that vibe going.. noticed irish guys do it the best with the friendly conversation.. it's when it goes leprechauns things hit a bump

you could ask her out for coffee or something simple like that.. you might not like her anyway after get to know her.. or you'll do like the sex panther and bring her back to the lair rofl oh that sex panther

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I lol'd.

18. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

Don't ask me how I ended up on the thread about relationships on a Tech forum, but I honestly have just signed up coz of how much this thread wins. The only thing lacking is the Progress Update from DeadP1xel!

19. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

People can give advice all day but every woman is different, trying to give out 1 set of advice that would cover them all would be impossible. Just ask her out, get to know her and take it from there.
    Just don't buy a safe just yet...

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This = Win

Never had someone sign up because of a thread i make :D

Welcome to Bit-tech

Progress update will be coming this weekend when i try some of the advice from the stud muffins of bit-tech :naughty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.