1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The PC Gaming Alliance Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 20 Jan 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

What has the PCGA ever given us? Nothing tangible.

A bunch of stats in 3 years isn't enough, I'm sorry.

3. Kenny79

Kenny79 I own a Dremel!

Reading that was a waste of my time! Well what have they done?

4. Jedibeeftrix

Jedibeeftrix What's a Dremel?

"Given the trend of retail's diminishing presence, free-to-play, games moving towards authentication, game streaming and so on, it’s really hard to divine where DRM solutions fit into this equation in the future."

Sounds like a coded way of saying they support restrictive DRM procedures, because digital distribution is........... difficult.

PC games, with the exceptions of subscription MMO's, are not considered to be a service, they are a product regardless of what what EULA says.

I would hope that the PCGA takes a long hard look at the Witcher 2 experiment and realises that it could in fact have a negative impact on the industry it claims to represent.

5. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I'm still a bit confused about what they have actually done / plan to do... He appeared to say a hell of a lot without actually saying anything :S

6. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

That's what i got from the article to, when asked what they have actually achieved they just spout out some more nonsense. :duh:

7. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

That's about par for the course in these kinds of interviews. If they actually said something useful or profound, we might actually hold them accountable to their statements. Politicians and PR departments are masters of being able to speak for hours without actually saying anything.

8. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I'm still insulted that Epic is still among that list of companies.

9. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

So they've done nothing.. waste of time.

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I've certainly been critical about the PCGA in the past but I'm willing to reserve judgement and see what they can achieve now Intel is holding the torch. I think Matt has taken the helm at a great time for PC. Nothing comes close to what we can do with our kit and we can thank his company for a lot of that!

11. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

I totally agree with all the comments above. What I'd like to know is could Bit Tech see any benefit to joining the PCGA? Would $35k be too much of an investment to be on the inside, actually participating in and guiding the future of the industry? Or do Bit Tech see it as just an industry PR quango that has no real substantive value?

12. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Well, what they have done is basically do a bit of stats, and calculated that the pc market is not going to be able to compete with "consoles" purely as consoles are actually 3 different systems. Hopefully though they'll try and get more developers actually developing PC games, not console ports.

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

so they sit around a table and goof off.. sounds like government :duh:

14. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

All I have to say is if you don't understand the system requirements either you are not supposed to play the game or you are an older person buying for a child -ask the child my nine yr old niece knows her laptop specs her mom and dad have no clue.

15. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Get Steve Jobs on board - they could rename it the iPCGA, paint it white and add an Apple logo - everyone will buy into it then.

16. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

You say that but Apple software generally doesnt have the epic list of hardware requirements on the box. They are doing something along the right lines.

17. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

You guys can feel free to give me 30K and join my PC Gaming Tree House Club. We don't do much but your logo can get etched into my tree.

All jokes aside I read this article and have yet to understand fully what the benefit of this PCGA is. What have they done.

18. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

Wait a minute... was the ex president's name Randy Stude...? Is that with a silent 'e'?

19. Twigsby

Twigsby What's a Dremel?

Meanwhile at Valve...

[​IMG]

20. batmanasb

batmanasb What's a Dremel?

lol, Epic games... the company that stopped making PC games since UT3. The only goood they've done is UE3

Tags: Add Tags