1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Underrated bands

Discussion in 'General' started by omicron, 22 Jan 2011.

1. omicron

omicron Baud.

I was looking through my music collection today, which apparently is still stuck in the early-mid 2000s as most of it is house/electronica, when I came across my GusGus CDs, which set me thinking about all of the bands that I've come to either late or not appreciated for how good they were at the time.

What're your most underrated bands? Bonus points if you mention something electronic, I could use some more music to listen to.

2. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Annoyingly few of my friends have heard of/rate Celldweller much. Industrial-electro-metal, it's great.

I also have a huge soft spot for the EVE Online soundtrack, written predominantly by Jon Hallur but it's generally cast aside.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

August burns red i always thought were extremely underrated

Depends the kind of scale you really want to put them on but they have this amazingly aggresive yet fast playing style i still have yet to find a similiar band

Another band i found out about the other day is Attack! Attack!

Not the horrible crab core piece of **** american screamo bull but the welsh average quite catchy band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia0DTfz6hqc

ALSO! :p

Abandon all ships is another amazing band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDgbYF48UPw

If you're not into metal screams then ignore the first bit most of there album is pretty decent

Last edited: 22 Jan 2011
  4. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I've managed to get a few of my friends into these guys. Their guitar work is incredible.

Saw them live last year, it was utterly incredible.

May I suggest Parkway Drive as well, they're fairly similar and in my opinion ever so slightly better.

5. DeadP1xels

I like parkway drive alot aswell but August are still topping it for me :D

The singer is not as great live though on "Home" some of the parts sound strained but still is awesome :thumb:

6. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I go through phases of liking one more than the other so for now we'll have to agree to disagree :p

I thought of another; The Dillinger Escape Plan. Too few people have heard of them, and even fewer stick with them to see just how great they are. Their most recent album is way more accessible but it's still mind bogglingly fast and aggressive in places.

Give it a chance. The lead singer is great at melody later on in the song.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Not electronica, but IMO Therion seems to be pretty underrated. They have some really great tunes, but it seems like nobody have ever heard of them.

8. infekted.one

infekted.one What's a Dremel?

Why cant I see my vid?

9. DeadP1xels

We can agree to like two awesome bands :D

Heres another one i asked aload of people about this one but nobody has heard of them.... i was suprised maybe you guys might have

Either way there underated

10. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Massively underrated imho. Not exactly electronic but certainly lesser known.

11. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Celldweller is awesome. Know of any bands with a similar sound?

12. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

You need to type the youtube tag like this [noparse][/noparse].

13. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

If you guys are into August Burns Red then check out Counterparts, sheer jaw dropping awesomeness. They're just picking up steam and I can't wait for them to get over to the U.K.

Also some friends of mine are in some bands that will blow up really soon, Monuments are one and Tesseract are the other. Look them both up, you wont regret it!

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

never mind
    john

15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

this is the most underrated band I know, they are brilliant, they are Swedish, and are called Dream Evil

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Hmm underrated bands? As far as it goes where I live, Xandria is a pretty underrated group (they sort of get drowned out by Within Temptation around here).

Also for electronica, a good ol' bit of Wisp can never go wrong:

Ultraviolence is another great underrated eletronic group, though their material is a little extreme with obscenities.
    Tristraum is another electronic group I listen to a lot.

Hmm, also not enough people listen to Helium Vola or Qntal... they do some of the most absolutely amazing electronic & folk blend.

:eek: You just reminded me that I still need to rip my Evilized album onto my PC.

17. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Well there's Subkulture, who I believe is an ex-bassist for Celldweller but there's only a couple of songs that are particularly good by him; namely Erasus.

There's also Blue Stahli who you may have heard of, very similar sound to Celldweller.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Peace frog, derived from 'The Doors' song obviously. Split many moons ago but didn't get the recognition they deserved tbfh! The frontman just happened to be a teacher of mine, judging by their video comments he is still in the classroom and hasn't taken up the mic again.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Band Of Horses
    Hell is For Heroes
    Hope Of The States

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

His music has some electronica influence, tends to be more folkish though.

Been listening to everything by him for the past year or so.. Severely underrated.