1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics The GTX560 thread - Where is the review??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by B1GBUD, 25 Jan 2011.

1. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Considering two of these in SLI would likely beat a single gtx 580 for the same, if not lesser price, does anyone have a benchmark of its capabilities in SLI?

3. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6uAEWpRdk

4. nchhabs

5. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

Does this release mean bit-tech will finally release a buyers guide?

6. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

7. nchhabs

8. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

taken the leap, ordered the cheapest MSI one. Shame there are no stock speed models, I'd be happy to have gone with one of those for a few quid less.

9. mawkish

mawkish What's a Dremel?

How do people think it will perform on a 1920x1080 monitor with high settings? Like an idiot, I went and bought a 24-inch monitor without having the right hardware to play on high settings...looking at this card to make amends....

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

That depends mainly on the application. High settings on what? Something like Crysis will be more demanding than Sim City.

11. shadow_boxer

shadow_boxer Minimodder

Early reviews seem to suggest this is a stonkingly good card and will overclock massively!

Really good news for the majority of gamers who now have an abundance of choice in the £200 mid-range market!

Well done Nvidia, didn't think it'd perform this well!

Biggest surprise for myself is just who much better it performs than the GTX 470?!

Feeling a little gutted now that I bought one a month ago and maybe should have waited!!:sigh:

12. mawkish

mawkish What's a Dremel?

Games like Crysis is what I'll be using it for tbf. I'm a bit of an FPS nut, just not a tech savvy one. Haven't started on COD: Black Ops yet because it looks atrocious with shoddy framerates on my PC.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

for Crysis, but ATI graphics card.
    for most other games, buy nvidia graphics card.

for some reason, ATI have nailed their performance on Crysis, 6970 is nearly as fast as much expensive gtx580.

14. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

Very surprised to notice so many bespoke coolers on cards currently in stock and on pre-order. We're pretty much used to seeing reference designs for the first few weeks at least, but I suppose the PCB design must be very similar to the 460.

I'll probably end up getting the Gigabyte one, even though I'd quite like to check out the reference cooler's quietness.

15. Matticus

Matticus ...

Was that the twin frozr? I love the look of those cards.

It seems my 5850 is still chugging along well, even though it is clearly beaten in quite a few games the difference isn't so great, and the performance of the 5850 so bad that I need to change it just yet.

16. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

off the back of the review I called & changed my order to the zotac. I'd probably buy assassins creed brotherhood anyway (theres a download voucher for it), but I did a quick search & the frozr apparently gets really loud under load. I already think my 260 is way too loud. the zotac also has a more conservative OC, which I know usually = cheaper card but I think I'd prefer the more cautious clock speed.

17. Matticus

Matticus ...

Fair enough, I like the way they look but if they get loud then they are a no go in my books. I can't stand any noise from my PC.

18. mawkish

mawkish What's a Dremel?

Nah, don't think I'll be going back to Crysis again (clocked both games twice already, lol), but I'm aiming for high settings on other latest games. Witcher, Modern Warefare, MoH, etc.

I should also add I'll be getting a sandybridge mobo and an i5-2500k processor, just want to know if this card can give me the right output. Sorry if I seem to be moving away from the topic though.

19. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Damn, custom cooler hell strikes back! It's gonna be more difficult to pick a card, especially as none of the current models seem to use the stock cooler.

I want the quietest card, not interested in factory overclock - which one should I choose?

20. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

Let us now how it performs in comparison when you get it, I'm tempted to move up from my bfg 260 aswell