1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Work car park is far FAR too small for the amount of staff to the point that if you arrive after 8am then you have to park a good hefty distance away. Tight-fisted *mumble mumble*

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Car-pool? Save fuel and traffic?

3. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Smokers and an unclosable airvent.

4. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I would love to but I have to pick up and drop off the wife at her office everyday (until she gets her own car).:duh:

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

How the hell did you just sum up my life at the minute sir...

automagsrock likes this.
  6. Canon

Canon Reformed

Had to use my Waterstones card to remove lots of TIM :waah:

7. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

16-bit Two's Complement

8. paddi70

paddi70 What's a Dremel?

Dude, I feel you.

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Filling up my car the other day to see the total getting nearer to double the price of fuel when i first started driving.

Wheres the goverments fuel tax scale.

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I can't stand discourteous smokers. I smoke myself but never around kids, never around pregnant ladies, never around anyone who is obviously uncomfortable with the smell or the smoke itself.

Ha!

11. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

@ Brawl - I am just that good.

Stepped on a nail today. A tetanus shot and $400 later I am back home. FML.

12. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

$400? I'm pretty sure that's classed as robbery.

would cost me a grand total of lets see here.....

£0

:p

13. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

Once you've got the hang of it, it'll be easy ;)

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

After spending quite a bit of time today and most of yesterday trying to figure out Valve's new approach to the cvar list in the source engine, at tea time this evening I was finally quite close to having a shiny new movie recording config written as well as my normal match, public and LAN autoexec configs. Then it came to testing it and I discovered that several of the scripts and configs don't load properly and a couple that do load fully don't work 100%... There are still variables in there that they've changed that I don't know about :( That means I have to spend ages at some point later this week figuring it all out again and fixing my mistakes :sigh:

Gah. I just want my Source movie recording rig to work properly again. I've had a crazy number of requests for this config lately as well though :rolleyes:

15. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

my pc not being an i5 for at least another 6 days

16. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Today i'm suffering from a pulled muscle just above my groin. This is also the very same muscle that my chuckle reflex (I laugh a hell of a lot) uses. Also I can't laugh, chuckle, cough or sneeze without it causing wonderful pain.

Amazing thing is... I pulled said muscle when I was asleep... FML

17. Canon

Canon Reformed

Shopping not being delivered in the 2 hour time slot before I leave the house, ****heads!

Grinds my gears too, my nephew and niece will be crushed when they realise though, never stop telling them if I catch them smoking i'll put them on the ole ball 'n chain and have them make sock puppets for my business ventures until their fingers are down to bone :p.

18. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Well I live in Ireland, and if you have paid any attention you'd know our government has collapsed.

What they did before that was bring in a budget the drops the minimum wage and increases the tax on the lowest earners, so they took money out of their pockets, and then taxed what was left even more. How that's supposed to stimulate the economy by giving the majority no money is beyond me. It also means my pay is down almost 200 Euro a month, which now means I can no longer afford my mortgage and the bills.

And I've just been put on protected notice.
    And I've just been taken off my meds as they were actually poisoning me. So back to good old willpower to manage the mood swings and voices.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Aye, Ireland has gone to the dogs and no election is going to help us out in any realistic terms.
    Cowen and the cabinet he put in placed was not an elected one, it fell to him as Bertie cut loose and ran before things went completely belly up (Smart move on his part than many seem not to realise).
    I say fair play to Cowen for at least having the cahones to actually stay put until the election despite half his cabinet pack up and leave. The greens are fecking useless and are simply stunned that they got in at all. Gormley, whilst i do work in the Environmental field and he has been directly in contact with work my father does, is not properly fit to be a minister for the Environment. He has a degree in child psychology ffs.

If Enda Kenny gets elected and put in place as Taoiseach, we're screwed even more than we are already. He is the most vacuous speaker I have ever heard. I heard the FG árdeis the other year and he spoke for 10 or 15 minutes without actually saying a damn thing.

Yes, FF being in power for this long has gone to their heads and they squandered so much when it was good and now they don't know how to deal with the problems, but FG haven't a notion either. It's easier to criticize than to actually be constructive. If Sinn Féin get in, we're truely doomed and Labour wouldn't be much better. Actually, out of the lot, I would reckon that labour would be the best bet, but they're all from the same school of thought regardless of party affiliation.
    "We need new blood in politics"... yeeeaaaaahhhhh, but even new members are all trained and schooled by the older lads, so it's just the same behaviour and stupid trains of thought.

The best thing to happen recently, is Mary Harney going the way of the dodo. She was an utter disgrace and I could say nastier things about her, but I won't for the sake of decency.

I'm not even remotely interested in politics, but the fact that the country is going down the tubes so fast and there is no bloody common sense in most of the governement or general populace that I think I just might relocate to Finland.

Cowen even got advisors over from Finland to help with input (Finland suffered an incredible collapse with the falling of the Soviet Union in the late '80s early '90s and they had the sense to put all their money in Research & Development, Health care and Education). Their advice to Cowen was that you don't make cuts to R&D (Ireland cut R&D across the board), make sure Health care is looked after (Hospitals closed and wards not used and consultancy fees shot up, nurses let go) and that education should be protected (University fees brought in, teacher:student ratios have gone to the dogs and schools still without funding) and that you don't bail out banks... We've bailed out, what, 4 of them to a sum of €60 BILLION!

Yeah... good thing we listened to that advice.

20. paddi70

paddi70 What's a Dremel?

Army, I have 488 days left.