1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Good choice, they're an awesome little CPU. What board are you basing it around? I just got a few Gigabyte H55N's in yesterday for HTPC and cube office PC builds. I'm putting 550 i3's in them as well.

2. Cookeh

Cookeh What's a Dremel?

First component of my new build arrived today :D

[​IMG]

Can't wait for the rest of it!

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Same here. AX750 and Gainward GTX570 is here; case, new RAM and fans will arrive tomorow. First time i get parts before weekend, not after :D.

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Big purchase yesterday!

Yamaha 6063b receiver - $360. Retail is aprox $550 on sale, 740 or so from yamaha directly.
    Klipsh HD Theater 300 5.1 surround sound - $254. Retail is $599.99.
    8 foot rocketfish HDMI cable - $4. Retail is aprox. $70.
    2x 4 foot rocketfish HDMI cables - $2. Retail is aprox. $50.
    Monster powerbar / surgeprotector - $15. Retail is $160, clearance for $50.
    15 foot fiber optic cable and a toslink to mini-toslink adaptor - $18.

Cousins employee discount on my bedrooms home theater = win!

Still waiting on my ipod adaptor for the receiver. I'll have to take some pictures when I'm home. My question now is leave the covers on or remove them from the HD 300's. I think they look great with or without the covers.

Also saved myself like 100 bucks in speaker cables, my cousin just grabbed a 1000 foot roll from the truck and its the good stuff rated for fire and in wall installations. If I had to buy my own cable it woulda been close to 90 or so for 100 feet. I probably used roughly 90 feet.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Plain black hoodie - £8
    6 D cell batteries - £5 something
    Vegan food - £12
    Bus far - £2.70

:)

6. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Here is the full order: :)

Intel Core? i3 Dual Processor i3-550

ASUS P7H55-M PRO, Socket-1156

Corsair CX 430W PSU

Antec Fusion HTPC Remote Sort

Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB, CL9

Kingston Datatraveler Generation 3 8GB

I was thinking of getting the H55M as well, but it lacked optical spdif-out (IIRC they do have one internal header, though). And because I'm sort of an Asus fanboy ;)

The datatraveler will be for installation because the budget didn't allow for a BD drive. That will be added later.

It will be interesting to see how that RAM works. It's dirt cheap, but hopefully good enough for a HTPC.

I Also did a test run of XBMC. It looks pretty impressive. Especially the library function. (Except for a couple of small bugs...)

8. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

Went into town for a short stop and picked up a batterygrip + new battery, a new lens and last but not least a ef-s 55-250mm f/4-5.6 is.
    [​IMG]

Been trying it out a little at work but area is just to small, of its a sunny day tomorrow im gonna get some more time to play with it :D

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Thought i would add i have bought absolutely nothing this month bar Lunch and petrol

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bitte ein Bit?

[​IMG]

Don't mind if I do.

So much nicer than the crap they brew over here.

11. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

12. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Want. Astro-photography beacons me.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

£63 Vet Bill, Kitteh is fine though.

Sam

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Draytek Vigor 2820N.

It's pretty :)

15. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

pizza sub from subway. Tried something new and it was decent but I don't plan on getting it again.

16. Unicorn

The GA-H55N-USB3 actually does have an optical SPDIF port. Your media machine is mATX, the one's I've built are mITX ;)

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My recently purchased mITX build just arrived in the post yesterday.

I was so excited about ordering it, and I'm really excited about having it, but I'm not really excited about building it. Athlon II X2 250 with some Zotac board carrying onboard wireless in a Silverstone SG06. My fingers are cramping just thinking about trying to route cables in there.

And after that I need to replace my main machine's motherboard so the current one can be returned for refund! Let's just say that I was a little... underwhelmed with the Tranquillo's mounting system. Fiddly fan mount and why, why would they think it was smart to require a flathead screwdriver to mount it?! I can use my trusty Philips screwdriver for literally every common screw in a PC, with a backup one for the few smaller Philips screws. My only flathead screwdrivers were either too large or far too tiny (model train screws get pretty small!). Ended up using a penny.

18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Same boat as you, bought it once and won't again.

It sits in the stomach like a log, Subway usually doesn't give me that feeling. :-(

19. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Oh, sorry. I misread. I thought you were talking about the H55M, not N.

I got my parts today, BTW. Seems to work great. I did have some problems at first, but it turns out the ram wasn't seated properly (Why do RAM slots have only one locking clip nowadays??)

Now I just need to figure out the software part of it. Most of it is up and running, but XBMC needs some tweaks. (Or is there any other, better HTPC software?)

20. Unicorn

That's an ASUS patented design - it makes installation and removal of memory modules easier, mainly when there is a graphics card installed fairly close to the lower side of the DIMM slots and you can't unlock the bottom row of traditional latches without removing the card. In the past, motherboard manufacturers have left a gap between the bottom of the DIMM slots and the line where the rear of the primary PCI-E card sits to avoid this (some of them failed miserably and the gap isn't even big enough) but ASUS's new design allows them to remove that gap and have the back of the card and the memory ports pretty close together, allowing them to fit more components on the board and still change memory modules without removing the graphics card.

I use XBMC on my media PC. You're right, it needs a little tweaking and setting up but it's good software otherwise. Especially considering that it's free ;)

[edit]

The ASUS connectors are branded "Q-DIMM".