1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

@MAK: I don't know :) I know the players file stores the inventory and location and as far as i know not the content of the players chests. I am not really sure if the problem is fixed now. As far as i can see Da5id has not logged in yet.

@Jr and Wicked: Thnx man, bro-hugg!! :thumb:

@All: We will have to see where this goes. As far stability goes, I think ServerPort is still possible, but without the proxy. This means manual re-connect to the Nether-server or a client-mod. Not a big fan of a client-mod i must say. My main focus is stability, so it's great you guys support maybe ditching hMod. Personally i don't think that's the cause of the problem. What is, is still not very clear to me :sigh:

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

thats funny, because right before i was ejected last night, i was TRYING to say hi to da5id, who had just logged in :lol:

i admit i would miss hmod a little. im a big fan of /who and the chest protection mod...but its nothing i would like to sacrifice stability for.

@jr - mobs spawn no closer than 24 blocks from the player, and no further than (if memory serves) 144 blocks. so making your spawning floor as large as possible up to 144 blocks will increase spawner output. theres other factors that come into play as well, and from what ive read, making the ceiling as high as possible would help too.

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt What's a Dremel?

On occasion I'll get zombies spawn in the basement of my tower (temporarily abandoned) which is dimly lit and has cobblestone and dirt in it. I think different blocks have higher spawning rates, not sure though.

4. eldermatius

eldermatius What's a Dremel?

how am i supposed to down-grade on MC then?

5. Wicked_Sludge

spawning rates are supposed to be the same for all blocks with the exception of half blocks and glass, which have a 0% spawn rate.

6. eldermatius

come on give us a hint , im sure you wanna see Lara Croft on the server again

7. Xtreme_Machine

8. Wicked_Sludge

does that mean the creative server is back up finally?

9. eldermatius

error i get when trying to get ont he server

[​IMG]

10. Xtreme_Machine

I don't know Wicked, i'm just saying i think it could be :p

Ohw and...

"good news everyone..." Da5id successfully joined the server tonight :D :D :D
    I dare to say we have found the problem! yay! :clap::clap:

11. Wicked_Sludge

woot!

EDIT: i entered my house this evening to discover a mysterious cake bandit had left cake on the stone banister leading to the sphere. i searched for clues, but the intruder had left without a trace, sans a delicious baked delicacy perched atop my banister. "who could this sweet, frosting'd patty desperado be?" i thought to myself. upon climbing the stairs to my cliff house, i soon had my answer:

[​IMG]

thanks fio for giving me a chuckle and for being sweet :clap:

Last edited: 29 Jan 2011
  12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'll have to say I'm for removal of hmod if it means the server runs better. I don't see any real point to it, the spawn protection isn't really necessary since we have an obsidian wall around it and the only command I use from hmod is /who..

However, I really do like having the Nether :p

13. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I am back!
    My hand is pretty much healed, and now I am once again ready to bring my right-handed goodness onto the world. Though I do suspect my time of playing MC on the missus' laptop using the trackpad is over as this is not something I can comfortably do anymore.

14. Wicked_Sludge

welcome back J! im glad to hear all is well with your hand. i, for one, am looking forward to some of that aforementioned "right-handed goodness" :naughty:

15. Xtreme_Machine

Good news Journeyer :) Good to have you back!! :clap::clap:

I don't see you much lately, but that's because i like slaying creepers a little bit to much :blush:

Guess you now have an excuse to put the computer in the living room :p

16. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

:clap:Hourray!!:clap:
    Great to hear that you are better!​
    Is the official server up to date too?:rolleyes:

hmm.. it makes my minecraft crash :(

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Thank you - I feel a lot more useful around the house now. :D

In order to play on the official server you need to downgrade your client by doing the following;

1. Make sure your Minecraft is up to date (the beta version at this time).
    2. Open an Explorer Window and change to the minecraft directory
    "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin" or "User/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin"
    3. Delete everything except the version file
    4. Download this file and extract the contents of the zip to into the bin folder above

MC Beta 1.1

18. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

:eyebrow: won't that make it impossible for me to make cakes and dye wool?:waah:
    That's one of the things I want to do in the official server..

Don't we need a cake-store near downtown?:idea:

19. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, for the time being there will be no cake - the cake is a lie I tell you!
    Nor will there be wool dyes, note blocks or dispensers. However, you will be able to play at least. :D

And yes, we certainly do need a confectionary in downtown as soon as possible.

On a totally unrelated note; I just watched someone answer "Einstein" to the question of which natural scientist published his theories on natural selection on the weakest link! Finally I understand how Elvis must have felt when he shot his TV! My faith in humanity has dwindled! Confusing Einstein for Darwin (or Darwin for Einstein for that matter) is unforgivable, and I now feel like slapping that Darlene character (whoever she is) with a catfish!

Edit: Still watching the weakest link, and now some other future nobel laureate answered "oxygen" when asked which himalayan peak rise to above 8800 meters... :wallbash:

This is why there should be an IQ requirement in order to be allowed to breed... though I do suppose the world will always need burger flippers.

20. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

And you don't suspect for a single moment that they have those fruitcakes on the show just to upset guys (and gals) like you? It's a lie I tell you.. :p (or it could be stress..)