1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

No no no, if you AWP in deathmatch, you are ridiculously out of practice with the weapon and want to perfect your flick shot again ;)

Seriously though, I "left" CSS alone for a while (more than a year) and when I came back, inevitably my AWPing had gotten shockingly bad, but the really weird thing is that I can hit headshots with a Scout or AK like never before. I hated the AK and never really used the Scout when I was playing competitively. I actually think that among all the other crap they mucked up, they made the AWP a little heavier and more sluggish to carry, which may be another reason why I'm a split second or two behind everyone else on the draw.

Then again, maybe it's just the fact that I used to play CSSDM for no less than 2 hours per day when it actually mattered and haven't done so for over a year... who knows?

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

She is leaving.... (Yes the same girl)

She is the only person who makes the job remotely tolerable and she is leaving for a job in a garage.... next weekend

I could do 3 things

A) Hope she eventually comes back because she does'nt like the new job
    B) Just leave it and get on with my life regretting never saying anything to her
    C) Tell her how i feel or ask for some form of contact to keep the friendship going

I think im more depressed because she is just a nice person and we're good friends rather than me liking her alot, i don't want to ruin the friendship by getting to close to her that she does'nt want but im afraid if i don't do something i will regret it for years to come...

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Time to man up. You'll never get the chance again and if you don't ask her you'll regret it for a long time to come. Be brave! :)

4. DeadP1xels

Its not even that to be honest

I was always like "Oh yeh might aswell leave it see how things pan out" now she is leaving im its either

tell her and possibly lose a friend out of pure awkwardness

or

Leave it but i don't think i can do that either way even if i make a fool of myself, however im more inclinded to get her number or facebook or something, that way im not making a complete dick of myself infront of her i can just come out with it and say something like "I could'nt say it infront of you because i did'nt want to make things awkward i understand you possibly might have a boyfriend etc etc.... and would ask you keep this to yourself etc etc.... i just needed to get it of my chest etc etc....."

I really don't want to come across as the guy thats like "I like you, what happens now..." because ESPECIALLY! if she has a boyfriend it would make things awkward i don't want her to have to let me down or whatever, i just want to tell her and be like "Thats it, all i wanted to say don't need you to say anything back i just needed to get that out there"

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

11 hour shift has made my leg hurt a lot... :(

Also, girl I want to ask out is in Latvia (of all places) this week so it went a whole lot slower.

Also, @Unicorn, AK and Scout are by far the best weapons in CSS. Dead eye accuracy with both, AK has got me so many headshots.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

My i5 760 hits 97-99C in all cores when I prime 95 it. It's sitting at ~60C idle. I have a stock cooler and it sucks even harder than most 760 stock coolers. My VTMS clips for my Infinity can not arrive soon enough. Until then, no games, or heavy apps.

7. DeadP1xels

Im completely wasted out of my mind trying to get her out of my head....

I just can't im crazy about this girl and im to much of a scared little fat **** piece of crap assed **** that i can't pull my balls out and just tell her "Hey im crazy about you"

I pray to god i had the confidence to just tell her.... its horrible to think i may not see her again. and that i may let this go but i just still can't bring myself to do this WHY ****ING WHY!! WHATS WRONG WITH ME AM I A ****ING TIT OR WHAT FML!

unless i deliberately go around 30 garages in the town next to me to find her and find an excuse to pop in there, then theres no chance to really get a good relationship going

I have 3 chances left tommorow, next friday for about 10 minutes and saturday if i don't do it i might aswell drink myself into oblivion because this girl is driving me nuts

Zoon likes this.
  8. Canon

Canon Reformed

Getting wasted is not the answer bud, I'm pretty sure it's a mistake 9/10 of us normal folk have made in a similar situation. Heck, god knows I tried, basicly you will end up with a weeks worth of hangovers that get you nowhere, god also knows I love a drink no matter the occasion, just wake up tomorrow and remember you'll be better off sober. Alcohol might make you lose your inhibitions but remember how you feel the morning after, that's usually a good measure of how you looked the night before.

DeadP1xels likes this.
  9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I was just pulling your leg. I like my DM to be fast-paced and sprinty but AWPing slows it down too much or AWPers slow it down to much. The most fun I ever had was on a no AWP server, my k:d was 13:1 (AK + Deagle) and that was when I realized that my fairly pedestrian 1:1.5 or 1:2 K/D on other DM servers was because of the FLAMING AWPERS! :grr:

What's ruining my life right now?

Pretty lame weekend, not enough wiminz in my life, esp the ones I want.

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

I also despise AWPers on DM servers, on the other hand I have a better kill ratio with the AK47 anyway according to my steam stats. Before the update I could pull off a headshot from T spawn to double doors on dust2 with the AK no bother, now however, more likely with the p90, one of the few achievements left to get so may aswell keep going 'b,3,4,b,1,4,b,6,2,b,6,3,b,6,4.'

That's P90, Deagle, kevlar and helm, frag & flash.

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

There are two DM servers that I frequent at the moment, one with the AWP and all other weapons allowed, and one with all wepons except the AWP allowed. I use the no-AWP server more often but have been using the AWP server to try and get my reflexes back again. I used to have one of the most accurate flick shot/reflex shots and best overall accuracy with the AWP no matter what the situation, but it took a serious amount of time to perfect - and to st When I get to "9,-ay that sharp, you have to practice every night.

The other server is also full of hackers and newbies. With a Deagle/AK, M4/P228, Scout/USP rotation (100 kills with each, then change) I can easily hit 3.0+ KDRs. On the AWP server? I'd be lucky to stay 1:1.

Kevlar & Helmet, defuse kit, smokes, flashes and HE nades have all been bound to my numpad on my standard config for years. When I load up my match config they're supplemented by full equipment binds per round :) When I eventually get to buying "9,minus" the other team is in trouble... AWP/Deagle with full equipment ;)

12. stonedsurd

I only bother with grenades in scrims or serious games. Why waste time in DM? Run around, shoot faces, die, repeat.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Just asked out the best friend I'm in love in to Prom.

Got a yes, but she doesn't have enough money. Well time will tell.

14. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Are you sure that the cooler is mounted correctly? Those temperatures are pretty high! Are you overclocking at all?

15. stonedsurd

You're in love *with*, not in.

Well done.

Elton likes this.
  16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

My i5 760 is probably now broken. It runs, but everytime I make it prime it doesn't even get to high temps, the computer just freezes instantly, and needs a hard restart. That's a £160 replacement for a CPU which I simply do not have, so I've got a broken PC for the forseeable future :(

17. DeadP1xels

Not my finest hour, glad the thread i made is closed

She is finishing next friday, yet it says on the rotar saturday.... friday is when she finishes in another department but who knows part of me thinks its for the best i did'nt see her for 2 weeks and slowly but surely i began to forget

Im considering just writing her a note and maybe sliding it in her locker or something... i know thats a bit weird but i think it would be more concise and to the point... if i tried to get out what im feeling it would come way to strong...

I just wish i was'nt such a whiney little girl and grew some balls just to walk up to her in a serious manner and tell her face to face, its not even if she says no now its if i don't im probebly going to regret never taking the shot

18. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Up the volts? Could be a stability issue?

19. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Got my wisdom teeth out two days ago.... still hurting like crazy, and the painkillers aren't doing very well

Every time my girlfriend comes over I pick hair out of my pants for the next few days....

20. DeadP1xels

Im writing a pretty open letter and feeling sick at the same time damn you energy drinks

The thought of having to hand this to someone without them opening it and around a bunch of other people without sparking suspicion is making me feel nervous and its 5 days away...

The thought of chickening out on it and spending all that time writing it is crushing or missing her somehow and not being able to find her to give it to her.

my heart is raising and im trying to get it right....