1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus P8P67 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 12 Jan 2011.

1. karagiosis

karagiosis Greed

On the other hand, as i going to buy a new pc i'd like to know which coolers don't fit in these motherboards besides the titan fenrir. For example i'd like to buy a thermaltake Frio but i don't know if it will suffer from the same mounting obstacles...

2. dandym

dandym What's a Dremel?

does this board have an HDMI port?

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Yes, seeing the X58 Sabertooth outperformed it "normal" brother...a comparison to the P67 Sabertooth would be highly interesting.
    Also, the discussion about the "Tactical Vest" is bound to be great forum-material:D

4. ardz

ardz What's a Dremel?

Agreed. I'm not paying an extra 20 quid or whatever for somthing I know for a fact I'll never ever use! :thumb:

5. markie

markie What's a Dremel?

Dunno if this is a common problem or it's just a one off but after updating the BIOS to 1003 my system sat at the press F1 to enter setup screen and refused to do anything further... Oh no, I figured I'd broken the thing before it was 12 hours old. As a last hope I swapped the USB keyboard for an old PS/2 one and it worked. 1003 also fixed an issue of the board not detecting 2 of the 4 DDR3 modules.

6. dim5b

dim5b What's a Dremel?

7. dim5b

dim5b What's a Dremel?

8. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Have you not seen the article about this on the main page?

Tweakguides sums it up nicely:

9. lexloofah

lexloofah What's a Dremel?

OK, so say if somebody has one of these on its way in the post (doh!) and needs to use 4 sata ports. Can I use all four 6Gbps at the same time (only one device is actually 6Gbps the other devices are 3Gbps) and avoid the whole problem?

Thanks in advance.

10. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Well I had slowly but surely been building up to the upgrade that is sandy bridge.

P8P67
    8gb Corsair Vengence DDR1600

All to be fitted in the TJ07, with new pump and heatkiller block and triple rad .

All was going well everything I ordered landed (just) before good friday and away I went......

System built - first hurdle, full format require for Win7, including removal of any partitions not compatable with EFI - for me that meant all of them so I lost some stuff not being fully prepared.

Okay thats not so bad - OS DVD corrupted so had to buy another (great).

Okay now all installed and running and looking good - time to tweak the BIOS, linx stable at 5.1ghz temps around 74degs - so was just running WoW and went out for a cig... contemplating that 74degs (and the associated voltage jump when it went to 5.1ghz full load) was too high and that 4.9ghz would be more practical.

Came back to find PC completely shut down and has not re-started since - not even fans running when I powered it up - all I got is a single lonesome green LED telling me there's power to the board :eek:hmy::mad:

So now I take the time to read about the board, seems things like this are not uncommon, but to make sure, I tried a diff PSU, Graphics, RAM (diff sticks and diff sockets) - leaving just the cpu in and firing it up, firing up a naked board - all comes back negative situation exists.

The only silver lining is that I have to go to the works office to have my laptop replaced, this is in Wigan, Scan is in Bolton (15mins away) so while my laptop is having itself set-up and data copied over I am going to take the board up there - buy a Gigabyte UD4 and swear never to go Asus again.

This is the P5Q scenario all over again for me - u'd of thought I would of learned, but the review in CPC on the Asus board had all the words in I wanted to see coupled with a great price.

Now here I am digging up an old X38 board with a E8500 reloading win7 just to get me by until then.

Thanks again Asus for 'rolling me over' and shafting me without even the courtesy to use any lube.

11. Dackman

Dackman What's a Dremel?

Just brought a B3 revision, fantastic board

12. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

old thread is old.

13. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

You know if people are reading these reviews because they are thinking of buying the product then (so long as product s still current) posting comments regarding such things as failed units and things to watch out for - it provides more information to people to ensure that their experience is a better one than what I had.

So your comment, although chronalogically correct, is not really needed.... is it? No hard feelings and please don;t take offence to this - but spam is spam as far as I can see.

Just an update - took the failed board and CPU back to Scan today - the tech guys were kind enough to make time to test both items separately whilst I waited. Both were found faulty and were replaced within 45mins of me turning up unannounced on their doorstep - best service I ever received from any PC component store/site - Thank you guys :)

14. UrbanSmooth

UrbanSmooth Surround Gamer

Love the color scheme of this board!

[​IMG]

It would be great to do a matching water cooling tubing and sleeving build with this.

15. Dennybrig

Dennybrig What's a Dremel?

Help with P8P67 M Pro

Maverick:

Bro, did you have any luck in making your asus board to work?
    It just happened the same to me, only the green LED turns on, not the fans or anything else

16. steve30x

steve30x What's a Dremel?

Where did you bring it?

Tags: Add Tags