1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I just did the historic race car championship last night on A-spec in a Toyota 7 and found that the 2J came 2nd on the oval track while the Toyota 7 was 2nd on other one. I shudder to think what Bob's going to make of that one. I think I'll leave it until he's got a few endurance races under his belt, so he should be able to out-perform the other drivers.

I realised that I missed most of the A-spec Expert races because I'd being levelling up through Seasonal Events so now I'm going through them to get the cars. One thing I hadn't twigged to before was how much shorter all of these are compared to the B-spec versions.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Getting Bob round this one was extremely frustrating! In the end I had to wait for him to climb a few experience levels before he had the skill to overtake that 2J (or continually crash into the tight left-hand bends). In fact I think Bob might have only won because a Ford GT helpfully took out the 2J on the first lap (it still finished right on Bob's arse in second place though!).

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Finally managed to get gold on Nurburgring in the GT World Tour event (the final Professional one). I'd gotten gold on all the other races and on the championship but that track, just too hard trying to keep my stocky 1400kg~ Murcielago on the narrow track and not enough straights for superior horsepower to make up for my poor skills.

Got myself a race modded TVR Tuscan. Absolute dream. The massive boost in downforce and lower horsepower made it much more managable. A few tweaks to make the handling a little snappier along with a tighter gear ratio and I was off! Snagged first place on the first run. Very surprising how much difference the car can make!

4. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

Lately I've been too busy to a-spec so my b-spec drivers are putting in hours. As we speak, they're running the 4-hr roadster race on tsukuba for the 3rd or 4th time in the past few days

EDIT: I forgot to mention I painted this miata bright pink and put a black wing on it. It had to be done.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Finally got gold on both historic a-spec races last night. Did a fair bit of tuning to my 2j and flew into first. I managed about a 6 second lead on Cote D'Azur!

6. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

I just completed the professional historic race in B-spec. Had to make my own suspension set up in order to do it though.

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Hmm, I was rewarded with a Matte Pink colour last night, I can't remember what it was for but I'm not sure which car is deserving of it.

Finally got my own car, an 03 Micra!

Laguna Seca in the FGT takes less time than the Grand Valley race although I'll need at least another two runs at it to get bob to level 28.

I haven't even contemplated doing the endurance races in a-spec :worried:

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I did the Grand Valley one, with the A4 Touring.

Honestly the best way is to find two people or three people to do legs.

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I can manage the Grand Valley, Laguna Seca and Indy 500 ones in one session, but anything longer than that (like the 4hr ones) I find I have to take a break half way through or my brain turns to mush (Tsukba in an MX-5 was soooooo boring).

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Is there actually any point to any of the new seasonal races? You hardly get any money or experience for winning them, you don't win any cars, and there's no BHP/weight/tyre limits either so they're all really easy. I wish they would bring back the old style seasonal races, grinding to get to the later endurance races really is a pain :(

12. Elton

The new seasonals let you stretch those Ferrari F1 legs. That and they're completely re-doable, so you can re-attempt them if you feel the need, which in the case of the Ferrari F1s might be fun.

Although I won't mind some cash Cow Seasonals seeing as the A-spec events are paltry and no one in their right mind could do a 24hr Endurance race(much less a 9 hour or even the +300KM) ones) in one fell swoop.

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

If I didn't have so much uni work to do, I'd take you up on that and do one of the 24 hour races, :D

Might do it around 5th March when my parents are away. :D

14. Elton

Please, do not by any means try that in one go. I wouldn't mind, but driving that much would only make me want to tear my eyes out.

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Has anyone here actually done one of the A-Spec 24 hour races? I can't see me ever getting round to it - I did the four hour endurance and spent the next few days feeling dizzy!

16. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Not a hope of me ever doing the 24hr races, itd take over a week for me to do one, if you could save after 2/4 hours I might have tried them but no its not gonna happen

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'd love it, :D

I've done a couple of two hour endurance races on Forza 3 which were great.

Don't know if I'd actually manage the whole 24hours, might fall asleep after 14 hours, I remember the last time I stayed up all day and night at the first (and as it happens the last) LAN event I went to. Then had to drive back home at 8 in the morning in frozen conditions.

18. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive just managed to win both the 'like the wind' races in a fully tuned Zonda R. The closest races ive had so far, finishing a mere 0.182/0.045 secs ahead of second!!:rock:

The new seasonals are pointless imo, i cant see any reason to do them!

19. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

They are so easy, even the F1 races.

20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH....

FFS, I hate NASCAR, I hate the RL version, I hate the version on GT5. Final race, on Daytona, I can't for the love of God keep up with any of the pack, they just leave me for dust, they're carrying 200mph+ through the corners, I'm lucky if I've got 180mph. It's driving me up the bloody wall because I have to do the whole bloody championship again.

Sick of the endless grind to be able to afford some new cars, like the ones for the Fly Like The Wind, the Pagani Zonda R would be nice, but that's £2.6m, oh, how about the LM cars? Nope, that's another couple of million. I can understand replayability, but if I wanted to grind I'd ****ing to play WoW.