1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 minimum specs revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Feb 2011.

1. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

But games normally run like **** at the minimum specs, why no recommended

2. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I have to agree.

Yes, gameplay is paramount.

But nobody wants to run a game on minimum settings if it looks like dog dirt.

Especially a title like this, which was forged on the back of graphical excellence and system-killing requirements.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

8800GT, does it mean it's Dx10 or higher only? it's about time!

to this date, i still can't play Crysis with my setup :(
    of course, im talking about 2560x1440, 4xAA, all very high, i only get around 25 FPS

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I can sort of understand - once you start to get into a game, you ignore the graphics. However, take the time to stop and admire the scenery and the graphics become apparent.
    My thoughts too. In fact, I've yet to see 'recommended' specs actually deliver anything good either.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

All minimum specs means is you can install the game and run it. It doesn't mean you wont get a slide-show. They are just there so people have no grounds to complain when they buy a game and then can't run it. ("well you should have looked at the requirements on the back of the case..you know the REALLY tiny writing")

If you have a good computer you don't even need to look at the specs at all. And if like me you have an older pc you can still run everything at max settings but not at the higher resolutions. Minimum and recommended specs are pretty worthless for the most part is what I'm getting at. I fail to see how this is news quite honestly. Bit-tech run out of things to put up today?

6. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Crysis 2 Minimum System Requirements for 2011: 1) Ability to time travel 3 years to the future to bring back future spec gaming hardware.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I've still not even played original crysis yet.

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'm still on my 8800 GTX @ 620MHz core
    So I'm hoping that'll be enough to get decent gfx and smooth frame rates.

Roll on demo

9. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

If your PSU is fueled directly by an Atomic Plant (and only you), then you're fine.

10. mpe91

mpe91 Wait... Wha...?

I wouldn't pay much attention to the specs given to be honest. When I check my current specs against those for Crysis and even set the game to the settings it suggests for my hardware, it suggests that everything should be fine. The game even sets everything to high. Then, when I play it, I get a lowly 7 fps...

11. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

8800 gt for the minimum is high, and I bet it runs like crap on that card. :(

A slide show with everything on low and 1024 res, no thanks !

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
  12. Chappy

Chappy What's a Dremel?

because there's no need to, recommended specs is obviously the current available Ultra-High-End line of components on ur rig

13. Hedgehog1965UK

Hedgehog1965UK What's a Dremel?

I still haven't played the original Crysis as my current rig is so out-of-date (single core CPU / AGP graphics card), but bought Crysis Complete in the Xmas sale on Steam. As I am hoping to build a £2,000+ Sandy Bridge Core i7/ GTX580 / SSD uber PC (quite a jump in spec, I know) once the Sandy Bridge hardware problem is sorted out, I hope to be able to play Crysis AND Crysis 2 maxed out :)

14. Penfolduk01

Penfolduk01 What's a Dremel?

Be interesting to see whether the PC graphics are improved compared to the console versions.

I'm also interested to find out whether there will be separate PC and Console servers, or whether PC and console owners play on the same servers. And if the latter, whether PC gameplay has been deliberately hobbled to give the console users a chance.

15. Mycool1991

Mycool1991 What's a Dremel?

1) It has already been confirmed PC graphics will bet better, bit-teach already said they much prefer the PC version for that reason.

2) PC will most likely have it's own servers

3) unfortunately yes, the controls on the PC like the consoles have been much simplified than the first Crysis

BTW if anyone is wondering if they can play this game, Crytek already said at an E3 conference that Crysis 2 should run better than the first Crysis on the same rig, basically if you can play Crysis 1 on max settings you should be able to play Crysis 2 on max settings, but don't hold me to this lol it's only what was said by Crytek.

Remember Crytek engine 3 has been designed to work on consoles so PC's should be able to handle Crysis 2 better than most would believe.

16. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Fixed the typo for you there.

Tangster likes this.
  17. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I'm going to be a cynical pessimist and predict that they will be no great improvement on the original.

18. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

Looks like this game is going to be riddled with some form of online only DRM too :(

19. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

That made me chuckle! :thumb:

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Am i the only one who read MINIMUM SPECS in the nanosuit's voice?

Tags: Add Tags