1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

I'm with DL, MrsF and Peter on this one. I really don't mind putting the effort in to make a tunnel/waterway underground all the way between the two regardless of the distance. In fact, I'd enjoy it if we have a team on the go. Was good fun tonight working with MrsF, Wixi and DL on some new buildings. So a tonne of people all mining/blasting their way to the old town would be fun too.

So I vote sticking it in some unexplored section currently.

for example, I can get to the snow zones in the north-east in under 6 minutes via water. It's really not far at all.

Someone suggested we send XM off with supplies. I like this idea, and think we should go with it. He is sent off to travel for four days and four nights in one direction. Wherever he ends up, we set spawn. Then he sets monster spawn rates to max, and we all stand in the middle of no-mans land (between PC's and Peters) and one by one as we die, because our our food/supplies/ammo dwindle, we wake up in the new place!

Some may call it....

the Zombie Apocalypse!

:clap:

Last edited: 3 Feb 2011
  2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Instead of mass suicide how about we just travel with XM?

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I like this.

Especially the part about sending XM off :p j/k <3

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i also thought...if the floating islands were the way to go...that we would be building over water?

i rather like the nearer locations. i have too much going on at my place to abandon it completely and running back and forth for 4 MC days would suck. as a result, i probably wouldnt build anything at the new spawn. and, like XM, i dont see the point in running off into nowhere to set a new spawn?

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Well gents. I've decided to dip my toes, feet, legs, knees and face into Minecraft and after two hours of getting used to things on a private server with friends. I have decided to make a fortress... also known as The Imperial Palace.

This could be fun...

6. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

Sadly, this is true. I work out of the country. The worst part is the horrible internets. :sigh:

Can't wait to see the new development in the SMP server. I do like the idea of XM going off and taking the supplies with him. Would be a cool apocalypse scenario.

--Patrick.

7. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

If you get on the creative server when multiplay sorts its self out I've got a warlord Titan on there

Sent from my Desire HD

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Dear god sir! I demand to know how you've built this machine! I need two of them... We're building to scale so be aware.

9. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

Some more screenies uploaded:

[​IMG]
    JR says nice things about my pryamid by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

Don't forget the 123 metre height limit (exc. 5 metres of bedrock)

Are you playing on the SMP server Brawl with many of the BT community or on teh official server?

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Aw crap!
    After finally being able to play a little, I no longer seem to be able to log on. :(

Edit: I get the impression our Creative server has been shut down. :S Hm, will try again later.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2011
  11. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Nice pics Kroy! I liked the lava-knives - a lot to learn from that. My next trap I'll build the actuall knife much closer to collection-point. This to ensure that the loot stays longer at said point. Or does anybody know/experienced that dropped items in motion (ie. moving in water) takes longer to disappear than items just laying on the ground (I was thinking in the lines of a time-out that doesn't get set until the items have stopped moving)

At the same time, having the spawn-area some distance from the collection-point so that monsters do spawn. Think I've read here at the forum that they spawn between 44 and one-hundred-something.. ..is that counted in all directions, like upwards and downwards also?

12. DarkLord7854

Default is 200 mobs (passive included) and is counted on all active (i.e. has players on it) chunks (all levels of a chunk)

13. Wicked_Sludge

what? no! i certainly hope not!

why wont they update the creative server? ive been wanting to play around with music blocks since beta but its impractical on survival :(

EDIT: also, 200 aggressive mobs and like 20 passive mobs at any given time (so says wiki).

Last edited: 5 Feb 2011
  14. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

No thecreative server is still up, I was just on it

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, just connection issues then. :/
    Haven't been able to log on all day - I just time out. :(
    Will try again in a little while ... watching Fringe at the moment. :)

16. DarkLord7854

That's usually the MC.net login servers being lame. It's been happening constantly ever since they did the server move which was supposed to "alleviate" the problem, though it's only made it worse.

17. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

Yea, but you do need to hack mc to get on the old creative server as they havent updated the darn thing :(

18. DarkLord7854

MC.net is dead.. can't login to anything. Sigh.

19. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, they're still awaiting a working update to hmod - or a working alternative.

20. Wicked_Sludge

like the one that XM is using on the survival server?

i think multiplay is just dragging their asses on it :sigh: